Last day of shooting
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Jul 26 2013, 3:52pm

Post #76 of 94 (4303 views)
Shortcut
Maybe they'll get their own spin-off series? [In reply to] Can't Post

I would totally watch 'The Penguins of Middle-earth'. Anyone else with me? Laugh

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Jul 26 2013, 3:54pm

Post #77 of 94 (4305 views)
Shortcut
And yet people say he doesn't care about the fans. [In reply to] Can't Post

Clearly, they are wrong. It is so amazing and touching that PJ shared this with all of us - including all those pictures, too. Wow. What a wonderful man. Heart We love you, PJ.

Even so, I'm over here in a puddle of tears at the thought that this the end of cinematic Middle-earth... Unsure

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Jul 26 2013, 3:57pm

Post #78 of 94 (4323 views)
Shortcut
It's done. [In reply to] Can't Post

I just know that after the last credits roll on the last film, I'll feel so sad that I have no more of PJ's glorious Middle-earth movies to look forward to. The end of an era. As one poster put it, "Don't be sad they're over; be glad they were made." For me, it's both.

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

flameofudun
Lorien

Jul 26 2013, 4:03pm

Post #79 of 94 (4318 views)
Shortcut
Well as people have told me [In reply to] Can't Post

Tolkien and middle earth will never be done. And we hear at theonering.net will continue talking about it and loving it forever! There is an infinite amount of topics to discuss.

''We are very dangerous over short distances''

-Gimli

Glorfindela
Valinor

Jul 26 2013, 4:27pm

Post #80 of 94 (4303 views)
Shortcut
Emerging from my sulk, just to say… [In reply to] Can't Post

…that I think this is a Maine Coone, which is probably descended from similar cats that originated in northern Europe, possibly belonging to Vikings (hence, perhaps, the similarity to the Norwegian Forest Cat breed). It could be larger than PJ's Pugs.

Wonderful account of last day of shooting from PJ – the man is an absolute star and I very much appreciate his efforts to keep everyone informed about progress on the film.

In Reply To
(apart from part-Balrog, of course).

Main Coon? Norwegian Forest cat? What do people think?

Foromir
Rivendell

Jul 26 2013, 4:55pm

Post #81 of 94 (4276 views)
Shortcut
This was a special day. [In reply to] Can't Post

And even I, living literally on the other side of the planet, feel somehow involved because of this wonderful blog. A wholehearted thank you PJ!

Esmeralda
Bree

Jul 26 2013, 5:27pm

Post #82 of 94 (4273 views)
Shortcut
I see chain mail [In reply to] Can't Post

peeking out beneath the 3-Thorins' coats, and around the arms. Dwalin looks chin-to-shin chain as well, so maybe that is the Bo5A armor. I rather like the look myself - especially with the broad shoulder guards on both guys, and it does give them the advantage of maneuverability, so I hope to see them leaping and swinging about. Let the elves have their fancy-shmancy filigrees and elegant overlapping weaves of scale mail. These are working-dwarves, they wear what they need to get the job done :).

adnan
Rivendell

Jul 26 2013, 7:47pm

Post #83 of 94 (4227 views)
Shortcut
Hats off... [In reply to] Can't Post

To P.J and his amazing crew/team. Has there ever been a director so fan-oriented?
I admire his passion for the material and love for cinema (yes including the liberties he takes). People may say the thrid movie was a cash-grab, but I have no doubt in my mind he legitimately wanted to give us all he could before bowing out of Middle Earth.

I am confident the final two film's will have a nice balance of Bilbo moments and other epicness; which is exactly what I wanted to see in a Hobbit 'movie'.

Rivendell

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 26 2013, 8:51pm

Post #84 of 94 (4201 views)
Shortcut
Yes, this is why we love him. [In reply to] Can't Post

The last, possibly the most exhausting, emotional day of the whole shoot, he can't sleep for thinking and worrying over it, and he says to himself "I think I'll blog all day today". HeartHeartHeartCool

Silverlode

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dűm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

Brethil
Half-elven

Jul 26 2013, 8:55pm

Post #85 of 94 (4182 views)
Shortcut
MODS UP! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
The last, possibly the most exhausting, emotional day of the whole shoot, he can't sleep for thinking and worrying over it, and he says to himself "I think I'll blog all day today". HeartHeartHeartCool

The first TORn Amateur Symposium starts this week in the Reading Room! Come and join in!

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 26 2013, 9:02pm

Post #86 of 94 (4202 views)
Shortcut
Bomby is much Older than PJ... [In reply to] Can't Post

and My Prayers were ALWAYS worrying
about PJ's WeightGAIN?

... after his incident..

THAT OlympicWORKload?
SO Sigh,
a Sigh
..... of RELIEF !

Your Brother..
Bomby

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 26 2013, 9:25pm

Post #87 of 94 (4159 views)
Shortcut
Hear, hear! // [In reply to] Can't Post

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 26 2013, 9:43pm

Post #88 of 94 (4149 views)
Shortcut
I wonder which one is Richard ;) // [In reply to] Can't Post

4th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - May 1, 2013

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jul 26 2013, 9:50pm

Post #89 of 94 (4154 views)
Shortcut
Me too! [In reply to] Can't Post

I find myself wistful and sad somewhat knowing it's coming to and end, but not just yet. We do have a year and a half yet to savor the wonderful movies SPJ has created and I can't wait to experience them. I will cry I know at the end of TABA and most likely all the way through. Not ashamed to say it. I will miss my visual journey to Middle Earth and thank goodness PJ took the time and effort to involve the fans the way he did. He is an exceptional man and human being. Not many out there.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jul 26 2013, 9:56pm

Post #90 of 94 (4149 views)
Shortcut
Gee.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Hmmm well unless the guy on the left is 8 feet tall LOL.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

flameofudun
Lorien

Jul 27 2013, 9:40am

Post #91 of 94 (4102 views)
Shortcut
You act like [In reply to] Can't Post

U can't just go watch the movie whenever, and like after this, Tolkien is done. We will always have middle earth even after TABA is finished. Remember that. Middle earth will always be there for us to enjoy.

''We are very dangerous over short distances''

-Gimli

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jul 27 2013, 2:14pm

Post #92 of 94 (4063 views)
Shortcut
Clarifying [In reply to] Can't Post

I see how you could get that impression that wasn't where I was going with it though. I will be sad that the journey on the big screen will be over and that the story as far as PJ's films is finished. I will most definitely still enjoy them on DVD and also of course Professor Tolkien's wonderful works which I continue to enjoy. I will just be sad that the film portion has been finished is all.

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 28 2013, 5:35am

Post #93 of 94 (4027 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, Glorfindela. :) / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

patrickk
Rohan

Jul 28 2013, 6:13am

Post #94 of 94 (4122 views)
Shortcut
In Rivendell [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

Large Thorin (Richard Armitage) = Thorin with other dwarves, Bilbo and in close ups with wizards and Elves
Medium Thorin = Thorin vs large orcs or scale shots with wizards and Elves and Men
Small Thorin = Thorin with Beorn, or maybe even Smaug?

That would be my guess as well

In Rivendell whne Elrond and the elves ride in on horses and surrounded the dwarves they were using the small scale doubles there

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.