Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Not for me.

sauget.diblosio
Grey Havens

Jul 25 2013, 3:32pm

Views: 77
Shortcut
Not for me. [In reply to] Can't Post

Given that it's the performance of the character that that makes Azog such a huge failure for me (through his design, animation, and actor's performance), a different name would make little difference. A stock movie villain leftover from one of those terrible Dungeons & Dragons movies that struts around like a professional wrestler would be just that no matter the name.

Though the rectification of Azog's history would lend some improvement towards my feelings overall about AUJ, as that's the single biggest lapse in judgement Jackson/Boyens/Walsh have made with the movies so far (including LotR), in my opinion.

Subject User Time
On Azog GiantMushroomBear Send a private message to GiantMushroomBear Jul 23 2013, 9:05pm
    Lefty???? Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Jul 23 2013, 10:48pm
        Yeah..Azog was Left-Handed! Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Jul 23 2013, 11:02pm
        Huh. 'Lefty'? Maybe. Werde Spinner Send a private message to Werde Spinner Jul 24 2013, 11:39pm
            not a biologist Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Jul 25 2013, 3:35am
            That theory is brilliant Aitieuriskon Send a private message to Aitieuriskon Jul 25 2013, 2:59pm
    At least he is a canon character Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Jul 24 2013, 12:00am
        I would've called him 'Bolg' and all would've been fine ;-) Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Send a private message to Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Jul 24 2013, 12:43am
            But surely you can't know that yet.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jul 24 2013, 5:52pm
                True we don't know where it is going ... Voronwë_the_Faithful Send a private message to Voronwë_the_Faithful Jul 24 2013, 6:09pm
                    Yes - I'm just trying to keep an open mind about it at this stage... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jul 24 2013, 6:40pm
    What's in a name? Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jul 24 2013, 1:32am
        To be fair.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jul 24 2013, 6:07pm
            Yes, but Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jul 24 2013, 6:20pm
            But until now Bolg would've been the better choice Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Send a private message to Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Jul 24 2013, 6:28pm
                I agree Yngwulff Send a private message to Yngwulff Jul 25 2013, 3:03am
    Bolg Fredeghar Wayfarer Send a private message to Fredeghar Wayfarer Jul 24 2013, 8:52am
        I mostly agreed with what you said... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Jul 25 2013, 12:27pm
    It wouldn't really matter jtarkey Send a private message to jtarkey Jul 24 2013, 8:55am
    In a word, no. Indeed, if he had died in the Moria scene, also no. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jul 24 2013, 10:15am
    Azog was one of the best things of AUJ for me -Bugi- Send a private message to -Bugi- Jul 24 2013, 8:09pm
        Welcome Bugi elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Jul 24 2013, 10:34pm
        Welcome Bugi! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jul 24 2013, 10:53pm
        Your English is fine! RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass Jul 24 2013, 11:01pm
    Not for me. sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Jul 25 2013, 3:32pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.