Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
New Lego Set Reveals Invented Scene

Mybear
Bree

Jul 20 2013, 2:01pm

Post #1 of 16 (2210 views)
Shortcut
New Lego Set Reveals Invented Scene Can't Post

Well it seems Peter Jackson has created yet another scene for no apparent reason other than action. The new hobbit lego set can be found here: http://www.inquisitr.com/...hobbit-new-lego-set/

It is titled lake-town chase. My guess is that azog and his minions will be chasing thorin and company up through lake town on boats. In my humble opinion I would say that PJ always envisioned the films as 3 films but sneakily filmed all these extra scenes in so that when he went to the board, he would have a good reason to make 3 films. It would have been better to just tell the tale of bilbo's journey almost exactly as it was in the book (which is near perfect) with perhaps a tiny bit of gandalf's explorations in dol guldur. He should have never gone through with all the azog, radagast, and extreme cgi stuff (remember the part where the dwarves fell down a cliff on pieces of wood and had a metric ton goblin king fall on them without any damage? *shudders*). The cgi, lack of miniatures, and not much location shooting made it loose the historical quality lord of the rings had. Sorry for ranting here but i thought i had to say it. But hey! For all I know the lake-town chase could be a very cool scene and I hope it will be! Wink

Shagrat
Gondor

Jul 20 2013, 2:19pm

Post #2 of 16 (976 views)
Shortcut
It reveals nothing [In reply to] Can't Post

Are Azog or any Orcs included? No. We have Thorin, Bilbo, Bard, a soldier, and what appears to be the Master. This could refer to Bard's chase through Laketown to elude guards, which we already know about. We can't draw anything from this pack and if it didn't have 'Chase' in the title we'd think nothing of it. I don't know how you can jump to such a conclusion.

Dipling
Rivendell

Jul 20 2013, 2:41pm

Post #3 of 16 (826 views)
Shortcut
Again [In reply to] Can't Post

Here we go again (@second paragraph)

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jul 20 2013, 2:46pm

Post #4 of 16 (863 views)
Shortcut
Really [In reply to] Can't Post

I am not going to worry about something based on a Lego set.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

sycorax82
Rohan

Jul 20 2013, 3:12pm

Post #5 of 16 (779 views)
Shortcut
Why would there not be expanded and invented scenes? [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't understand why people are so set against the expansion of the story. To me, these are the most exciting parts of experiencing these films. If I wanted the book I would read it!

Subaruman
Bree

Jul 20 2013, 3:43pm

Post #6 of 16 (784 views)
Shortcut
Hobit CGI no more extreme than LoTR [In reply to] Can't Post

People seem to forget the crazy wall to wall tossing of characters in the Moria troll fight, or Aragorn surviving a 100-foot drop off a cliff, or characters carving their way through huge crowds of orcs, etc....

I get it when people don't care for PJ's OTT CGI scenes, but it seems odd to me when they think it only exists in AUJ and it was fine in the LoTR films.

"Here is a book very unsuitable for dramatic or semi-dramatic representation. If that is attempted, it needs more space, a lot of space."

- J.R.R. Tolkien, 1956

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jul 20 2013, 3:44pm

Post #7 of 16 (720 views)
Shortcut
My input - Lego Bard looks awesome!! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Jul 20 2013, 3:47pm

Post #8 of 16 (788 views)
Shortcut
Speaking of Azog... [In reply to] Can't Post

According to brickextra.com, a limited edition LEGO Hobbit Azog minifigure has been given out randomly to some attendees at SDCC but not specifically at the LEGO booth

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Victoria Monfort

(This post was edited by Eleniel on Jul 20 2013, 3:57pm)

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jul 20 2013, 3:47pm

Post #9 of 16 (836 views)
Shortcut
Hi Res pic: [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.fbtb.net/...it_LakeTownChase.jpg

(hope the link works)

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 20 2013, 4:13pm

Post #10 of 16 (751 views)
Shortcut
So, on the strength of one Lego set.... [In reply to] Can't Post

... you know what's in the film and Peter Jackson has done it all wrong again before you've even seen the film? Steady on, there - you'll be telling us which day the world will end next!

Seaber
Rivendell

Jul 20 2013, 5:59pm

Post #11 of 16 (717 views)
Shortcut
You've got this wrong [In reply to] Can't Post

Azog is an exclusive for SDCC (but will be released in a later set)

The Lake Town Chase set features the boat we've seen in the preview, bits of Laketown, Bard, The Master, Bilbo, Thorin and a guard. No Azog in this set.

The preview clip and trailer (I think) showed Bard running through Laketown, so I guess that is the chase.

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Jul 20 2013, 6:28pm

Post #12 of 16 (630 views)
Shortcut
Not that this isn't a wholly fabricated sequence in any case... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Are Azog or any Orcs included? No. We have Thorin, Bilbo, Bard, a soldier, and what appears to be the Master. This could refer to Bard's chase through Laketown to elude guards, which we already know about. We can't draw anything from this pack and if it didn't have 'Chase' in the title we'd think nothing of it. I don't know how you can jump to such a conclusion.

The idea that Bard leads some secret underground movement (if that is what it is) is also completely made up by Jackson and his cohorts, so the OP is only half-wrong.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shagrat
Gondor

Jul 20 2013, 6:38pm

Post #13 of 16 (603 views)
Shortcut
Not really [In reply to] Can't Post

We don't know what they have planned for Bard yet. And I might be wrong about the chase referring to that. The point is people are jumping to all kinds of conclusions.

There will be fabrications. That is a given. So long as they're not too outlandish I don't really see the problem. People will have to just prepare themselves for it.

Carne
Tol Eressea

Jul 20 2013, 10:16pm

Post #14 of 16 (507 views)
Shortcut
Nope [In reply to] Can't Post

This is Laketown guards chashing Bard, as seen in various vlogs and the DOS live stream they did a while back.

(This post was edited by Carne on Jul 20 2013, 10:16pm)

Rohirrim Rider
Rivendell

Jul 22 2013, 2:57pm

Post #15 of 16 (208 views)
Shortcut
They've gotten Bard's face down perfectly! [In reply to] Can't Post

The Master looks fairly good as well but that minifig is a perfect representation of Luke Evans' Bard.

MTT Gandalf
Bree

Jul 23 2013, 8:14pm

Post #16 of 16 (116 views)
Shortcut
Dale Armory? [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe it could something to do with the Dale Armory (mentioned in vlog 11)...?

Maybe the Master of Laketown owns the remained weapons of Dale, and Bard is going to "stole" (to take back) the Black Arrow from the armory?

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.