Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
"I don't see why everyone keeps saying JRR Tolkien, I mean, everyone knows his son wrote all the books."

Elwen
Lorien

Aug 1 2013, 5:24pm

Views: 54
Shortcut
"I don't see why everyone keeps saying JRR Tolkien, I mean, everyone knows his son wrote all the books." [In reply to] Can't Post

That was the strangest I've ever heard. Mr. Elwen was highly amused by the aghast look on my face when I heard someone say that in a conversation leading up to the movies. I tried the polite correction approach, but when the speaker refused to back down, Mr. Elwen saw a storm brewing and suggested we change the subject.

Before kids, exercising with LOTR meant listening to the soundtrack while I ran.

After kids, exercising with LOTR means having an all out dance party with the little ones to the "Break the Dam Release the River" disco mix form the Lego game.

Subject User Time
The strangest thing anyone has ever said about Tolkien demnation Send a private message to demnation Jul 20 2013, 5:23am
    a review Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Jul 20 2013, 7:38am
        That was a troll - seriously, not kidding... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jul 20 2013, 5:59pm
            Yes, the Slate piece was by no means over the top squire Send a private message to squire Jul 21 2013, 10:30pm
                Agreed Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Jul 23 2013, 3:28am
    On this site somewhere, I muse that I can't think of a Tolkien character whose name ends in -o. D'oh!// noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jul 20 2013, 10:54am
    Tolkien lived in the Himalayas geordie Send a private message to geordie Jul 20 2013, 5:03pm
        Lol, what? Werde Spinner Send a private message to Werde Spinner Jul 20 2013, 5:38pm
        Well, I've been to Pokhara elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Jul 20 2013, 7:50pm
    Hmmm... Werde Spinner Send a private message to Werde Spinner Jul 20 2013, 5:41pm
    not that strange but... "Is that the guy who writes the Harry Potter books?" // Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jul 20 2013, 6:04pm
    Saw This Once on a Message Board IdrilofGondolin Send a private message to IdrilofGondolin Jul 20 2013, 7:06pm
    A woman wearing elf ears once said this to me: Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Jul 21 2013, 8:08am
        Heh Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Jul 23 2013, 3:32am
        Haw!!! Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Jul 25 2013, 4:20am
            I don't think I ever did catch my breath. // Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Jul 25 2013, 8:03pm
                It would make a good episode Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Jul 25 2013, 8:15pm
    from an amazon one-star review of LOTR acheron Send a private message to acheron Jul 21 2013, 2:12pm
        that review Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jul 21 2013, 4:25pm
    That Tolkien's LotR is mostly about death. grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 22 2013, 2:31am
        Well, that was Tolkien speaking about his own work... squire Send a private message to squire Jul 22 2013, 6:49am
            Now THAT makes more sense!! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 22 2013, 2:42pm
    "I don't see why everyone keeps saying JRR Tolkien, I mean, everyone knows his son wrote all the books." Elwen Send a private message to Elwen Aug 1 2013, 5:24pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.