Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
''Ere,'oo are you?'' or "O! tra-la-la-lally" ?
Poll: ''Ere,'oo are you?'' or "O! tra-la-la-lally" ?
''Ere,'oo are you?'' 14 / 28%
"O! tra-la-la-lally" 14 / 28%
Neither  5 / 10%
Love Both 13 / 26%
Hate Both 2 / 4%
Other 2 / 4%
50 total votes

malickfan
Gondor

Jul 19 2013, 5:18pm

Post #1 of 10 (1176 views)
Shortcut
''Ere,'oo are you?'' or "O! tra-la-la-lally" ? Can't Post

Which (in)famous quote from The Hobbit did you prefer/stay in your mind? (for good or bad reasons)

I'm a fan of both, and was kinda dissapointed we didn't see Hugo Weaving singing along to Bofur's flute in AUJ...

Brethil
Half-elven

Jul 19 2013, 5:57pm

Post #2 of 10 (992 views)
Shortcut
Talking Purse speak hands down for me.// [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 19 2013, 6:08pm

Post #3 of 10 (996 views)
Shortcut
Neither of them. Especially that purse. Gah! [In reply to] Can't Post

Joking.

Tongue

Lothwen
Rivendell

Jul 19 2013, 6:23pm

Post #4 of 10 (1001 views)
Shortcut
O! tra-la-la-lally! [In reply to] Can't Post

here down in the valley!

sevilodorf
Tol Eressea

Jul 19 2013, 7:42pm

Post #5 of 10 (979 views)
Shortcut
The Singing Elves [In reply to] Can't Post

like the Singing Nun sort of sticks in my mind....non necessarily for good reasons.

In one way I think the Elves were playing with the Dwarves... living up to (down to) the dwarves beliefs about what they would find.

Fredeghar Wayfarer
Lorien

Jul 19 2013, 8:46pm

Post #6 of 10 (1009 views)
Shortcut
Tra-la-la-lally, here down in the valley [In reply to] Can't Post

That phrase always stuck in my mind, primarily due to the song in the animated version. I was really hoping to hear an elf sing this or use the phrase in the movie. They cast Bret McKenzie, a singer, as Lindir but never had him sing! If anyone was going to "Tra-la-la-lally," he would have been the perfect candidate.

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Jul 20 2013, 3:40am

Post #7 of 10 (992 views)
Shortcut
'On second thought, [In reply to] Can't Post

let's not go to Rivendell. It is a silly place.'

That's the thought that runs through my head when I encounter the Hobbit book-elves. Sad, really.

And I've never enjoyed the 'let's give these buffoonish bad guys Cockney accents' thing, either. Panders to socioeconomic stereotypes.

Well, that became depressing. This is Eeyore signing off and returning to the thistle patch.

cats16
Half-elven

Jul 20 2013, 4:52pm

Post #8 of 10 (948 views)
Shortcut
Singing Elves, hands down. [In reply to] Can't Post

It took me awhile to not think of elves being these silly singers who teased all of their guests when they arrived.

DesiringDragons
Lorien

Jul 21 2013, 5:01pm

Post #9 of 10 (1012 views)
Shortcut
Other [In reply to] Can't Post

Fond of both but I don't know if I'd call it love...missed them in the film though.

BoromirOfWinterfell
Rohan

Jul 28 2013, 6:03am

Post #10 of 10 (947 views)
Shortcut
O-tra-la-la-lally! [In reply to] Can't Post

Stuck to my head after the first read. I make so many jokes with my family about it. The ones who don't know its context give us funny looks. Crazy

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.