Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Just my guess here...(book spoilers mixed in)

cats16
Grey Havens

Jul 21 2013, 4:47pm

Views: 175
Shortcut
Just my guess here...(book spoilers mixed in) [In reply to] Can't Post

Thranduil and his people who traveled with him to the Mountain are staying in Dale, rather than on the open ground that they do in the book. Bilbo has climbed over the wall at this point, and has found Gandalf within the camp in Dale. He walks with him, to find Legolas and Tauriel arriving to support Thranduil in case a fight should break out. Then...comes the Orc-surprise.

We've seen shots in the vlogs showing Gandalf, and others, fighting Orcs on the streets of Dale. Maybe this is just continuing coverage of the BoFA. It could spill into the city, rather than only on open ground around the foot of the Mountain. And Bilbo would have gone back to the dwarves, to shock Thorin with the Arkenstone scene. So I think the only thing that really changes much is that Gandalf meets Bilbo in the Elven camp earlier than in the book (where Bilbo meets Gandalf as he is walking back to the Mountain). That's not to say that Gandalf hadn't been in Thranduil's camp for a little while beforehand. There is no explicit mentioning of when he arrived at Erebor. We know when the assault on DG happens, but nothing of his travels afterwards (anyone step in here if I've missed something/given erroneous facts, as I do every once and awhile CrazyBlushSmile).

That's all entirely based on me trying to fit together the bits and pieces we've seen along with book events. But of course, there may be alterations/additions made to this that falsify my thoughts. But if my guesses above are remotely correct, there really wouldn't be that much difference from the text here.

Subject User Time
Legolas's last fight scene (possible spoiter alert) patrickk Send a private message to patrickk Jul 19 2013, 9:50am
    No Doubt Legolas will go out with a bang... jtarkey Send a private message to jtarkey Jul 19 2013, 9:57am
        It actually would make sense considering Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Jul 19 2013, 11:10am
        thing is. deskp Send a private message to deskp Jul 19 2013, 3:06pm
    I still think it was a misleading typo/error Imladris18 Send a private message to Imladris18 Jul 19 2013, 3:19pm
        As in "Let's hunt some orc?" totoro Send a private message to totoro Jul 19 2013, 4:49pm
            Precisely! Imladris18 Send a private message to Imladris18 Jul 19 2013, 5:01pm
            The Exact Quote from MovieWeb patrickk Send a private message to patrickk Jul 19 2013, 9:30pm
                See, even that quote is wrong, haha. Imladris18 Send a private message to Imladris18 Jul 20 2013, 4:34am
                    My Quote wasn't from PJ's Facebook but Movie web and is correct patrickk Send a private message to patrickk Jul 20 2013, 5:10am
                        Just sloppy writing DwellerInDale Send a private message to DwellerInDale Jul 20 2013, 8:51am
                        Your quote from that site is correct, yes Imladris18 Send a private message to Imladris18 Jul 20 2013, 3:50pm
                            Maybe two different sources patrickk Send a private message to patrickk Jul 21 2013, 12:40am
    scene Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Jul 19 2013, 10:20pm
        More theories??? AUGH. Werde Spinner Send a private message to Werde Spinner Jul 20 2013, 1:50am
            I was only teasing Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Jul 20 2013, 2:31am
                Oh, I know. Werde Spinner Send a private message to Werde Spinner Jul 20 2013, 5:14pm
                    Slightly off point but what about Dain Ironfoot and big fight scene patrickk Send a private message to patrickk Jul 20 2013, 9:55pm
        Don't know about Fili and Kili Kelly of Water's Edge Send a private message to Kelly of Water's Edge Jul 21 2013, 1:29am
            Keeping Legolas away from Bilbo will very interesting patrickk Send a private message to patrickk Jul 21 2013, 8:07am
            Legolas and Bilbo appear to meet in Dale DwellerInDale Send a private message to DwellerInDale Jul 21 2013, 8:50am
                What is Gandalf doing at Dale? patrickk Send a private message to patrickk Jul 21 2013, 9:31am
                    Just my guess here...(book spoilers mixed in) cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Jul 21 2013, 4:47pm
    Watch out for the incoming spoiters! Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn Jul 21 2013, 1:12am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.