Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
lord of the rings theme, played at least once in the hobbit trilogy??

boldog
Rohan

Jul 16 2013, 2:17am

Post #1 of 10 (806 views)
Shortcut
lord of the rings theme, played at least once in the hobbit trilogy?? Can't Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypyTjVxMaX8
we all know that wonderful tune at 0.30, and how iconic it is in that trilogy. but this is what I thought. could it be any way referenced in the hobbit? like we got a tease of the isengard theme when saruman appears, as well as lorien theme, and mordor theme. and they are all less iconic then the main lotr theme. so where could we possibly here this? my bets are that it will be played mainly in shots with legolas, possibly while he is doing something extraordinary. what do you all think????

"fingolfin looked up in grief to see what evil morgoth had done to maedhros"

jtarkey
Rohan

Jul 16 2013, 2:49am

Post #2 of 10 (389 views)
Shortcut
Hope not... [In reply to] Can't Post

That theme clearly defines the Fellowship.

I guess you could argue that it defines "members" of the fellowship. But I feel such an amazing theme should be left to LOTR...

"You're love of the halflings leaf has clearly slowed your mind"

SaltedPork
Bree

Jul 16 2013, 3:18am

Post #3 of 10 (357 views)
Shortcut
Leave it for LOTR [In reply to] Can't Post

Better left for when Elrond announces the fellowship. Even though Legolas may be a member of the fellowship, it just wouldn't make sense in this movie.

FrogmortonJustice65
Rivendell

Jul 16 2013, 3:38am

Post #4 of 10 (366 views)
Shortcut
I doubt it... [In reply to] Can't Post

Shore will probably compose a Mirkwood motif to associate with Legolas/Thranduil/Tauriel.

At least I hope he will.

photo cbccab4e-f61e-4be5-aaa1-20e302430c7c.jpg

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Jul 16 2013, 9:54am

Post #5 of 10 (342 views)
Shortcut
I can imagine only TWO scenes where a glimpse might be useful [In reply to] Can't Post

1.) Legolas meets Gandalf:
From the latest vlog we know that there will be a scene with Legolas meeting Gandalf in Dale. Perhaps there's a very, very little glimpse of the Fellowship theme but in the end it's the theme that defines the Fellowship of the Ring. And there's no place for it in the Hobbit movies.

2.) Legolas sees a picture of Gimli:
We know also that Legolas will find a picture of Gimli and his mother after capturing Gloin and the other Dwarves. That's the other part where it's use is acceptable but not important.

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

Lala

Jul 16 2013, 2:15pm

Post #6 of 10 (261 views)
Shortcut
It should not be, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

the leitmotif appears before the Fellowship. Remember Gandalf's ride to Isengard? I am still figuring out why it is there.

Imladris18
Lorien

Jul 16 2013, 5:12pm

Post #7 of 10 (227 views)
Shortcut
Re [In reply to] Can't Post

I always *think* I start to hear it at the beginning of AUJ when Bilbo starts to narrate the prologue and at the beginning of the camera pan scene where it transitions from the Shire.

I'm sure it's just similar notes, though.

I wouldn't mind hearing a little subtle hint of it when Gandalf and Legolas meet. I personally think that would be a neat little nod to the trilogy.

shadowdog
Rohan

Jul 16 2013, 6:59pm

Post #8 of 10 (183 views)
Shortcut
Interesting [In reply to] Can't Post

There is an ad running in the US for watches which every time I hear it my head pops up because I think I am in Hobbiton.

deskp
Lorien

Jul 17 2013, 3:55am

Post #9 of 10 (130 views)
Shortcut
hm [In reply to] Can't Post

isnt tht the same lotr tune they use when galadriel and gandalf talks? mixed in with the new hobbit music

Imladris18
Lorien

Jul 17 2013, 4:19pm

Post #10 of 10 (120 views)
Shortcut
I haven't noticed it anywhere else [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm referring to the part when they show the map right before they show Dale; it's only like 3-4 notes. I should've specified.

I think I know what part you are referring to as well, and you may be right.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.