Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
I am inclined to trust in DanielB. That said, if they DID do a Gondolin scene, I doubt it would be long enough to diminish

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Jul 19 2013, 3:49am

Views: 110
Shortcut
I am inclined to trust in DanielB. That said, if they DID do a Gondolin scene, I doubt it would be long enough to diminish [In reply to] Can't Post

Dale. I doubt it would last much longer than the grim scenes shown in Galadriel's mirror, or the flash of the free lands falling under Sauron before the Alliance Battle. IF it were to happen, probably little more than Thranduil talking, mentioning events, and a fleeting glimpse of the beings involved with an incredible but not long featured backdrop.

In Reply To
It seems to me it would make very little sense to flesh out the backstory of Smaug, then have him killed in the next scene. After all, a backstory is only useful when somehow relevant for the character in the main story, which it isn't in the third film, simply because all he does is wreck a city and die. If they do show Gondolin and connect it to Smaug somehow, which I doubt, it would fit better as the prologue of the second film, leaving them room to connect the flashback to the present in the scenes where smaug actually talks.

And having a huge scene like the fall of gondolin right in front of the destruction of laketown, would make laketown much less grand in comparison. PJ wouldn't diminish such a crucial scene in favour of a mostly irrelevant flashback.

It would make much more sense to have a sauron flashback, since he's the main villain of the third movie, it seems.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Subject User Time
Crazy(?) but Maybe True Rumors or Facts vexx801 Send a private message to vexx801 Jul 15 2013, 9:33pm
    Two more really crazy ones burgahobbit Send a private message to burgahobbit Jul 16 2013, 1:49am
        The funny thing... Bumpypotato Send a private message to Bumpypotato Jul 16 2013, 10:58am
    Gandalf and Galadriel's love scene. / DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jul 16 2013, 7:30am
    Did Benedict actually say that flameofudun Send a private message to flameofudun Jul 16 2013, 6:07pm
        He said it during an EMPIRE interview, back in 2012. DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jul 16 2013, 6:50pm
            Ok. Thank you! flameofudun Send a private message to flameofudun Jul 16 2013, 7:57pm
                There is also the Supposed Romance between Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Jul 16 2013, 11:37pm
    Fall of Gondolin Fredeghar Wayfarer Send a private message to Fredeghar Wayfarer Jul 17 2013, 7:43am
        I've never bought this rumor for a second cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Jul 17 2013, 9:45pm
            I'm not so sure.... BornOutOfTheWest Send a private message to BornOutOfTheWest Jul 18 2013, 10:00am
                Would a flashback to Gondolin serve to move the story forward? Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jul 18 2013, 2:30pm
                    I understand what your saying but... BornOutOfTheWest Send a private message to BornOutOfTheWest Jul 18 2013, 4:05pm
                        I can confirm that the "rumour" is just a rumour. / DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jul 18 2013, 4:09pm
                            As lovely as Gondolin sounds, I would rather see (much more story relevant) Durin's Bane bringing ruin AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jul 18 2013, 4:41pm
                Fair enough cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Jul 18 2013, 7:54pm
                Little sense LordGawain Send a private message to LordGawain Jul 18 2013, 8:07pm
                    I am inclined to trust in DanielB. That said, if they DID do a Gondolin scene, I doubt it would be long enough to diminish AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jul 19 2013, 3:49am
        Not entirely true. He has rights to use the name Gondolin, and to depict that it AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jul 18 2013, 5:35am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.