Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Prologue

CuriousG
Valinor

Jul 13 2013, 3:52am

Views: 118
Shortcut
Prologue [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I loved the Prologue with the coming of the dragon. It was visually spectacular. It gave us a glimpse of Erebor and Dale as they were at their height, beautiful, wealthy, full of activity and life, which delighted me. I did not think I would see a Middle Earth Dwarf Kingdom brought to life in the films, since we do not in the books, we just read about their past glory. As a reader I always regretted that, as I really like the Dwarves and wished for this.

I don't often think any movie can improve on any book, but I think the AUJ prologue is one area that was a big boost.

Subject User Time
A Bit of Positivity Legomir Send a private message to Legomir Jul 11 2013, 5:56am
    My two cents I agree with you Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Jul 11 2013, 9:19am
    Not too long... arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Jul 11 2013, 12:01pm
        I was not sure if the Prologue really counted as a change... Legomir Send a private message to Legomir Jul 12 2013, 6:45am
        Prologue CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jul 13 2013, 3:52am
    Let's sing it! DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jul 11 2013, 12:22pm
    There has just been Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Jul 11 2013, 12:41pm
        No need to keep score Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Jul 11 2013, 3:12pm
            i wasnt keeping score, i wouldnt go around making sure theres a balance .. Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Jul 11 2013, 3:19pm
        Fair enough Legomir Send a private message to Legomir Jul 12 2013, 6:48am
    Okay, but what need to connect Bolg to Dol Gudur? Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jul 11 2013, 12:47pm
        It's the other way 'round. *book spoilers*, movie speculation arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Jul 11 2013, 10:47pm
            from 2 to 3 Yngwulff Send a private message to Yngwulff Jul 12 2013, 3:50am
            I would argue that the connection between the Necromancer and Thorin's quest is already there, in the book (and Appendices). Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jul 12 2013, 8:23pm
    i agree unexpectedvisitor Send a private message to unexpectedvisitor Jul 11 2013, 3:46pm
    No need to apologize for your two cents legomire! Old Toby Send a private message to Old Toby Jul 11 2013, 3:58pm
    Well said Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Jul 11 2013, 4:45pm
    While it seems most scenes from the book Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Jul 12 2013, 1:23pm
        warg scene unexpectedvisitor Send a private message to unexpectedvisitor Jul 12 2013, 2:55pm
    Well said. Werde Spinner Send a private message to Werde Spinner Jul 13 2013, 2:13am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.