Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
EE Cuts predictions

Barrow-Wight
Lorien

Jul 9 2013, 10:38pm

Post #1 of 22 (1382 views)
Shortcut
EE Cuts predictions Can't Post

I watched AUJ the other day for the first time in a while and I noticed a few places where extra stuff could be put in

PJ said that the prologue will be extended he said something about some white jewels is one of the reasons for Thranduil and Thorin's feud or whatever. that's what's in the box one of the dwarves is holding I think there will be a short conversation here

I'm excited for the Hobbiton Market scene one of the reasons is because of all the extras that filmed there will finally get their time to shine on screen I bet they were pretty devestated when they went to the theaters and found that they were cut out...except for that one guy who walks by Bag-End Drinking from a jug. anyway it will be immediately after Gandalf leaves but will this scene go into the nighttime scene of him preparing his dinner or will there be more?

When Dwalin and Balin meet in Bag-End right after they headbutt Balin looks at something over Dwalin's shoulder I wonder if this will be extended, maybe Balin picks something up and Bilbo takes it away?

So many possibilities in the party sequence I'm not gonna list them all But I'm excited to hear if Bofur's song is in there or in some other place plus I want to see him fall over in the chair

Someone suggested that a flashback to Old Took's party could be in the scene where Bilbo and Gandalf talk in Bag-End I certainly see it

at the end when all the group is climbing the trees Bombur jumps up onto his branch and I hope this happens in the EE but I hope the branch breaks cause it's too perfect not to pass up the branch even creaks when he's on it then the scene cuts away. it makes me mad every time I want that branch to break and Bombur to fall flat on his back.

that's all I can think of right now can anyone think of anymore possibilities of where scenes might go and what could be extended?

Metal Slug
Rivendell

Jul 10 2013, 1:09am

Post #2 of 22 (674 views)
Shortcut
Here's what I think [In reply to] Can't Post

We'll get the young Bilbo Gandalf scene and market one. We'll get a couple minutes more in Goblintown (hopefully this will somewhat rectify the terrible minute sequence from the King's one line death until the dwarves fell and he landed on top of them.)Crazy Extended prologue should be interesting, I'd like to see anything there! Same with the battle of AZ, maybe they'll show Azog etching his name on Thrain's head! I think they went over most of it in the Empire article. Hopefully no more Radagast.

The one I'm most uneasy about is the dwarves "being rude" in Rivendell. Could this possibly be more god-awful slapstick? There's only so much one can handle. All in all, I think they'll be an improvement. *crosses fingers. I almost wished they'd go back and finesse any rushed CGI too, but I know that's not happening.

Barrow-Wight
Lorien

Jul 10 2013, 1:42am

Post #3 of 22 (557 views)
Shortcut
i didn't mind all that [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't mind the Goblin King bits I liked his one liner it was almost breaking the fourth wall. And also I heard there was to be a food fight in Rivendell

iduna
Rivendell

Jul 10 2013, 1:47am

Post #4 of 22 (611 views)
Shortcut
Looking forward to all the new stuff [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't realize there would be more in the prologue--that will be great. I hope it really will shed some light on the relationship between the dwarves and elves before the fall of Erebor.

And as far as I'm concerned, I could stay in the Shire forever--bring on the puppet show, Gandalf dancing at the party, the Hobbit market, all of it. The more the merrier. I love Hobbiton and want to explore all its nooks and crannies.

Also, I want to see Bilbo looking around Rivendell, especially the part where he goes up to the shards of Narsil. I'm okay with dwarves being rude to elves, but what I really want is just to see more interaction among the dwarves. I'd like to see how their family relationships all play out. As the story becomes darker and faster-paced, we won't get those fun moments anymore, so I don't want to miss that chance.

It will be fun to hear the Great Goblin's song--I know that's another area where bits were cut out of the theatrical release.

Hmmm, I don't know if there's anything else I am looking forward to seeing more of. But that would be enough.

lurtz2010
Rohan

Jul 10 2013, 2:04am

Post #5 of 22 (590 views)
Shortcut
the warg chase seemed oddly cut together in some parts [In reply to] Can't Post

So I hope there's some extras added there aswell as in the hidden pass to Rivendell.

I read somewhere that the dwarves go bathing in the elves sacred fountain or something in Rivendell so that's probably where the nudity comes in.

I'm hoping for more character development between the shire and trollshaw.

The cut from Gollum leaping at Bilbo to the goblin king song was abit weird to me but it's been confirmed that that part will be extended.

Barrow-Wight
Lorien

Jul 10 2013, 2:20am

Post #6 of 22 (528 views)
Shortcut
I Forgot About That [In reply to] Can't Post

I Forgot about the shards can't wait for that. also I heard something about a scene with Elrond and Bilbo that would make sense in FOTR or something I can't remember what they said about it I'd have to find it again

Dwarvenfury
Lorien

Jul 10 2013, 3:46am

Post #7 of 22 (526 views)
Shortcut
extras... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think a hobbiton market scene would be nice for the extras and such.
One of the things I remember liking about LoTR were the extras. I think
it is an accomplishment to have your extras engaged but not distracting.
It's entertaining to watch the Minas Tirith coronation scene. The extras seem
all in tune. How could they all know what to do at the same time in one take, yet appear
natural in doing it? amazing.

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Jul 10 2013, 6:27am

Post #8 of 22 (564 views)
Shortcut
According to EMPIRE magazine... [In reply to] Can't Post

We also get to see Girion forgig black arrows in the prologue...

I'm not keen on thoughts of the Dwarves being portrayed as uncouth vandals in Rivendell, but I'm most dubious about the prospect of more from the Goblin King - still don't know if the "potty throne" was a joke or not! Anyway, apparently Kiran Shah's Goblin scribe will be featured more in the EE...

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Victoria Monfort

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 10 2013, 9:29am

Post #9 of 22 (446 views)
Shortcut
It just says we get to see [In reply to] Can't Post

Galion Girion using the Black Arrows. I'd like to see him forging them though - perhaps there was some sort of "Dwarf magic" in them. Might explain why an arrow can kill a massive dragon.

Coming soon! The first TORn Amateur Symposium, starts Sunday 21st July in the Reading Room. Closing date for essay submission Sunday 14th July, but even if you don't submit, join us for some interesting discussion on some different and personal ways of looking at Tolkien's work.

burgahobbit
Rohan

Jul 10 2013, 12:53pm

Post #10 of 22 (406 views)
Shortcut
I've got a few theories [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice ones Barrow-Wight! I'll add to your list.

I believe there is a cut sequence of Bilbo and Gandalf having another conversation (or continuing an earlier one) right when the elves kill the orcs and the dwarves ask if they should follow the tunnel. "I think that would be wise," says Gandalf, and then Bilbo stares at him for a couple seconds before the scene cuts to the dwarves making their way through the rock. This would also fit with what Martin Freeman said about there being a lot of Bilbo/Gandalscenes that were cut.

My theory is that this is also going to be a continuation of Bilbo and Gandalf's last conversation, when Gandalf tells Bilbo about true courage. Before Bilbo stares at his new sword, the dwarves hear Radagast and as they begin to run, Bilbo says anxiously, "Gandalf." But there is not time for the wizard to answer. I thought this scene was cool, and that what they were trying to do was have Bilbo's "answer" to whatever his question was be revealed when he spares Gollum's life. Perhaps, "Gandalf, what do you mean? When should I spare one?" and he finds out later on. However, now I'm thinking that he may get his chance to finish his conversation with Gandalf that started before Radagast came now that Radagast and the wargs are finally gone. Sorry if that's kind of a mouthful. Tongue

I really really really really really really really hope...really...that the scene where Dori helps Bilbo up the tree in Out of the Frying Pan is included. I know you can actually see Bilbo jump into the tree in the theatrical, but in LOTR ees there were not only extended scenes but changed scenes (i.e. there were parts in the theatricals that did not make it into the ee cut), so I'm really hoping that this scene (which was confirmed to be filmed by Mark Hadlow) makes it into the cut too.

I also hope to see the scene where Bilbo tells Gandalf that he found his courage, instead of telling him about finding the ring. To me the part when Bilbo begins to get out the ring in the theatrical seems very loosely pasted together and I think that this may be when that scene takes place.

Spaking of Dwalin, Balin and Bilbo, (I mean your idea about Balin picking something up) I also think that Bilbo's little apology speech in that scene will be extended. Maybe it's just me but I find that the line "not in the slightest" is out of place and quite frankly makes no sense (maybe I have to watch it again), but I think that there will be a lot more to this scene anyway.

That's all I can think of right now, I also hope that Fili and Kili and Bofur (and I doubt it but Dori who is actually my favorite dwarf), heck I hope that all of the dwarves get expanded character time, that was one of the disappointments about the theatrical edition for me.

Well, "I don't mean to be blunt but I felt I had to speak my mind, I'm sorry." Tongue

"You don't really suppose do you that all your adventures and escapes were managed by mere luck? Just for your sole benefit?"
"There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring, and not by its maker. In which case you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought." - Gandalf the Grey, from The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.

(This post was edited by burgahobbit on Jul 10 2013, 12:56pm)

burgahobbit
Rohan

Jul 10 2013, 1:52pm

Post #11 of 22 (367 views)
Shortcut
I really hope you are wrong about the Sacred Fountain [In reply to] Can't Post

There can't be nudity in the hobbit. It's ridiculous! This is a children's story. A dwarf mooning may be just bearable, but anything worse and I'm suing. Mad

"You don't really suppose do you that all your adventures and escapes were managed by mere luck? Just for your sole benefit?"
"There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring, and not by its maker. In which case you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought." - Gandalf the Grey, from The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.

(This post was edited by burgahobbit on Jul 10 2013, 1:54pm)

iduna
Rivendell

Jul 10 2013, 3:05pm

Post #12 of 22 (323 views)
Shortcut
It is supposed to be only fleeting nudity [In reply to] Can't Post

So probably it won't be anything more than a half-moon, so to speak.

burgahobbit
Rohan

Jul 10 2013, 6:21pm

Post #13 of 22 (276 views)
Shortcut
That would be alright then I guess [In reply to] Can't Post

But seriously its really stupid to have in the hobbit. Tongue

iduna
Rivendell

Jul 10 2013, 6:34pm

Post #14 of 22 (274 views)
Shortcut
It's actually surprising [In reply to] Can't Post

Considering that PJ has not, to my knowledge, permitted any sort of exposure of flesh -- I've heard about his refusal to allow images of a shirtless Aragorn and shirtless Thorin -- it seems strange that he would suddenly do an about-face on the subject.

Maybe the warning has to do with underdressed goblins or something. None of those guys wear much to begin with.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 10 2013, 6:41pm

Post #15 of 22 (274 views)
Shortcut
I don't think there's any truth to rumour... [In reply to] Can't Post

That the Dwarves will wash themselves in the Elves sacred fountain. It's certainly not a rumour that we've had on here before. The Dwarves do have a food fight in Rivendell, however.

I suspect the rumour has come about by the fact the Dwarves wash themselves in the River Anduin (in the book). The only fleeting nudity rumour we've heard involves "mooning".

Coming soon! The first TORn Amateur Symposium, starts Sunday 21st July in the Reading Room. Closing date for essay submission Sunday 14th July, but even if you don't submit, join us for some interesting discussion on some different and personal ways of looking at Tolkien's work.

Brethil
Half-elven

Jul 10 2013, 6:45pm

Post #16 of 22 (257 views)
Shortcut
Would make sense to reserve those for a lucrative retirement. // [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I've heard about his refusal to allow images of a shirtless Aragorn and shirtless Thorin

Coming soon!- The first TORn Amateur Symposium, starts Sunday 21st July in the Reading Room. Closing date for essay submission Sunday 14th July, but even if you don't submit, join us for some interesting discussion on some different and personal ways of looking at Tolkien's work.

lurtz2010
Rohan

Jul 10 2013, 9:17pm

Post #17 of 22 (229 views)
Shortcut
it's not just a rumour [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm pretty sure it was actually said in an official movie book like the art chronicles under the rivendel section. Check it out if you can, there's going to be dwarven ass I'm sure.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 10 2013, 10:15pm

Post #18 of 22 (207 views)
Shortcut
If the exact quote can be found, that would be great. [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't find it unfortunately. There certainly has been rumours of a "mooning" scene, but no naked washing scenes.

Smile

Mooseboy018
Gondor

Jul 11 2013, 3:20am

Post #19 of 22 (185 views)
Shortcut
exact quote [In reply to] Can't Post

"At one time there was even the notion of them defiling some pristine and sacred water feature by bathing in it."

Sounds like an abandoned concept.

lurtz2010
Rohan

Jul 11 2013, 5:40am

Post #20 of 22 (157 views)
Shortcut
Damn [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope they didn't abandon it. I was looking forward to watching Bombur's naked body wobble as he runs up to dive into the pool.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 11 2013, 7:12am

Post #21 of 22 (154 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Mooseboy018 [In reply to] Can't Post

Yup, certainly sounds like an abandoned concept (thankfully!)

Could you tell me where you found this as well, please? Ta!

Smile

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Jul 13 2013, 2:43am

Post #22 of 22 (118 views)
Shortcut
Sorry for going off on a tangent [In reply to] Can't Post

...but does that dwarf holding the box (presumably containing the 'white gems') look like Gloin to anybody else? I assume that if it actually *were* Gloin, we would know about it, but I still can't shake the feeling that it *is* Gloin. The WETA books say he's supposed to be a merchant, but perhaps his relationship to the royal line ensured that he had some functions in official ceremonies? Dunno. It could just be me seeing Gloin/Gimli clones everywhere...

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.