Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Thanks!

Poll: How--or rather--What does your garden grow?
Well, taters of course
Tomatoes
Cucumbers
Squash
Pumpkins
Silver Spoons
Green beans
Lettuce, spinach and/or other Luscious Leaves
Peppers
Cabbage, kale, and /or cauliflower
Broccoli, food of the gods
Corn
Weeds
Flowers (annuals, mostly)
Flowers (perennials, mostly)
Perennials and annuals, about equally
Pheriannath, mostly
Snow (it's winter here)
View Results (130 votes)

Darkstone
Half-elven

Jul 15 2013, 3:27pm

Views: 38
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Great to know I helped with your tomatoes!

Cherry trees have a tendency to grow straight up and you want to encourage them to grow sideways.

During autumn dormancy you probably want to top off and hedge your tree at around 8 feet. And when thinning branches during dormancy any droopy branch or any branch smaller around than a pencil is fair game.

During the spring thin young branches to make sure all your blossoms are getting sun. Or you can actually bend the errant branches with ground anchored wires to ensure they spread adequately.

Good luck!

Next spring I'll send along a few crates of peaches for Fiesta.Smile

Subject User Time
How--or rather--What does your garden grow? Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Jul 8 2013, 3:16am
    You left off green perennials Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jul 8 2013, 3:26am
        Yeah, I knew I'd forget something. Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Jul 8 2013, 3:41am
            asparagus is eaten as spring sprout Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jul 11 2013, 2:45am
                Also... Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Jul 11 2013, 2:54am
                    Okay, that does make sense. But Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Jul 13 2013, 4:11am
                Ah! Now I know. Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Jul 13 2013, 4:10am
    I endeavored to make a cat garden. Escapist Send a private message to Escapist Jul 8 2013, 3:52am
        At first I envsioned cats sprouting Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Jul 9 2013, 2:56pm
            Thistles would be alarming! Escapist Send a private message to Escapist Jul 9 2013, 3:07pm
    Weeds sevilodorf Send a private message to sevilodorf Jul 8 2013, 5:05am
        But if the weeds can make it, maybe Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Jul 9 2013, 2:59pm
            Dandelions would be an improvement sevilodorf Send a private message to sevilodorf Jul 10 2013, 3:35pm
    Deer food. mostly Elberbeth Send a private message to Elberbeth Jul 8 2013, 4:04pm
        I always wondered Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Jul 9 2013, 3:02pm
            Fences will work, but (and there are several buts) Elberbeth Send a private message to Elberbeth Jul 10 2013, 3:59pm
    Herbs? arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Jul 8 2013, 7:11pm
        Oops! Sorry to forget herbs. Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Jul 9 2013, 3:13pm
    Well Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Jul 8 2013, 7:22pm
        Ah! An alliterative orchard! Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Jul 9 2013, 3:16pm
            Pretty easy. Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Jul 9 2013, 3:40pm
                I wonder if that would work Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Jul 9 2013, 3:51pm
                    Well Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Jul 9 2013, 4:15pm
                        What great info you have! Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Jul 13 2013, 4:27am
                            Thanks! Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Jul 15 2013, 3:27pm
    This year, I'm NARG. Alassėa Eruvande Send a private message to Alassėa Eruvande Jul 8 2013, 7:59pm
        Ha! We should have whole discussions Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Jul 9 2013, 3:21pm
            Your perennials Alassėa Eruvande Send a private message to Alassėa Eruvande Jul 9 2013, 6:54pm
    Ulu (breadfruit) & taro, so far. Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Jul 8 2013, 10:21pm
        What a fabulous idea! Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Jul 9 2013, 3:31pm
            Breadfruit is pretty bland. Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Jul 10 2013, 6:35am
    When I saw weeds as a choice… Patty Send a private message to Patty Jul 9 2013, 5:15pm
        Believe me, Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Jul 9 2013, 5:51pm
    Early harvest this year here Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jul 9 2013, 6:40pm
        Very beautiful! // Alassėa Eruvande Send a private message to Alassėa Eruvande Jul 9 2013, 6:58pm
            Thanks Alassea! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jul 9 2013, 11:01pm
        What's poblano precious? And we thinks it's Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Jul 13 2013, 4:02am
            I hope to find out one day E-D...though my odds are slim! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jul 13 2013, 5:22am
    Cockle shells, silver bells and one lousy petunia silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Jul 9 2013, 10:11pm
    Also: herbs Misto Send a private message to Misto Jul 10 2013, 12:27pm
    We live in a green bush garden Lissuin Send a private message to Lissuin Jul 10 2013, 10:02pm
    Roses and geraniums angelclaw Send a private message to angelclaw Jul 14 2013, 10:17pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.