Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Middle-earth Conspiracy Theories
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

elaen32
Gondor

Jul 9 2013, 8:44pm

Post #26 of 44 (180 views)
Shortcut
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

Strider sounds like somebody with a manly gait, striding purposefully about the lands
Trotter sounds like somebody trying to keep up- he was of course, a Hobbit initially- with short legs, so I guess he couldn't stride- only trot!
The other problem with Trotter is it reminds me of the characters in British sitcom "Only Fools & Horses"- Delboy and Rodney Trotter- 2 buffoons if ever there was!

Coming soon!- The first TORn Amateur Symposium, starts Sunday 21st July in the Reading Room. Closing date for essay submission Sunday 14th July, but even if you don't submit, join us for some interesting discussion on some different and personal ways of looking at Tolkien's work

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Jul 9 2013, 8:47pm

Post #27 of 44 (174 views)
Shortcut
how 'bout [In reply to] Can't Post

... "skipper"?

... "stroller"?

..."ambler"?

... "lollygagger"?

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Jul 9 2013, 8:49pm

Post #28 of 44 (177 views)
Shortcut
"trotter" [In reply to] Can't Post

... invokes a colloquialism for an unfortunate digestive experience.

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

elaen32
Gondor

Jul 9 2013, 8:52pm

Post #29 of 44 (169 views)
Shortcut
That too.... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
... invokes a colloquialism for an unfortunate digestive experience.

cheers --

I was just being too polite to mention it- people might be eating as they read!

Coming soon!- The first TORn Amateur Symposium, starts Sunday 21st July in the Reading Room. Closing date for essay submission Sunday 14th July, but even if you don't submit, join us for some interesting discussion on some different and personal ways of looking at Tolkien's work

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Jul 9 2013, 9:00pm

Post #30 of 44 (171 views)
Shortcut
wouldn't [In reply to] Can't Post

... have bothered fealoki.

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++

CuriousG
Valinor

Jul 9 2013, 9:05pm

Post #31 of 44 (165 views)
Shortcut
Or Prancer [In reply to] Can't Post

Dancer, Hoppy, Sprinter, Darter, Jogger, Racer, Stroller.

If "Hoppy" became King of Gondor and Arnor, I'd move in with the Variags of Khand to escape the inevitable ensuing silliness.

elaen32
Gondor

Jul 9 2013, 9:51pm

Post #32 of 44 (163 views)
Shortcut
Well, let's face it... [In reply to] Can't Post

eating all manner of nasty things doesn't seem to bother Fealoki!

elaen32
Gondor

Jul 9 2013, 9:58pm

Post #33 of 44 (155 views)
Shortcut
What about Skippy? [In reply to] Can't Post

or is naming a King of Gondor after a kangaroo too much too cope with too? +sees CG leave for Far Harad+

CuriousG
Valinor

Jul 9 2013, 10:10pm

Post #34 of 44 (159 views)
Shortcut
I'd prefer "Slacker" [In reply to] Can't Post

Little-known lore tell us that Gondor was called "Grunge" in Mordor, so King Slacker of Grunge would work.

"Skippy" would indeed send me south faster than Legolas can kill an oliphaunt.

elaen32
Gondor

Jul 9 2013, 10:14pm

Post #35 of 44 (152 views)
Shortcut
Are you sure it's wise.. [In reply to] Can't Post

to mention Legolas and a compass direction in the same sentence? You might end up living with the Snowmen of Forochel instead!!

btw- I notice you've gone back to yellow!

CuriousG
Valinor

Jul 9 2013, 10:19pm

Post #36 of 44 (153 views)
Shortcut
Dying my hair just doesn't seem a guy thing [In reply to] Can't Post

so I washed the blue out and turned gold again.

sherlock
Gondor

Jul 10 2013, 12:16pm

Post #37 of 44 (128 views)
Shortcut
Lol!// [In reply to] Can't Post

sherlock
Gondor

Jul 10 2013, 12:18pm

Post #38 of 44 (127 views)
Shortcut
Funny!// [In reply to] Can't Post

sherlock
Gondor

Jul 10 2013, 12:19pm

Post #39 of 44 (133 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, that's my problem with it.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Jul 10 2013, 4:53pm

Post #40 of 44 (134 views)
Shortcut
Just a ramblin' guy. [In reply to] Can't Post

He also liked to hang around the outskirts of the Shire and get small.

Revenge is a dish best served with pinto beans and muffins.

FantasyFan
Rohan

Jul 11 2013, 1:53pm

Post #41 of 44 (106 views)
Shortcut
"Trotter" makes me think [In reply to] Can't Post

of pigs, standing up on their hind trotters, a la George Orwell's Animal Farm. I know Bilbo was compared to a rabbit, which insulted him, but being compared to a pig might be worse.

"That is one thing that Men call 'hope.' Amdir we call it, 'looking up.' But there is another which is founded deeper. Estel we call it, that is 'trust.' It is not defeated by the ways of the world, for it does not come from experience, but from our nature and First Being. If we are indeed the Eruhin, the Children of the One, then He will not suffer Himself to be deprived of His own, not by any enemy, not even by ourselves. This is the last foundation of estel, which we keep even when we contemplate the End. Of all His designs the issue must be for His children's joy."
Finrod, Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth, HoME X Morgoth's Ring

Darkstone
Immortal

Jul 11 2013, 2:27pm

Post #42 of 44 (121 views)
Shortcut
"There come a time where good man must wear mask." / [In reply to] Can't Post

Revenge is a dish best served with pinto beans and muffins.

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Grey Havens

Jul 13 2013, 12:17pm

Post #43 of 44 (71 views)
Shortcut
"Welcome to Rivendell..... Mr. And, er...son!" // [In reply to] Can't Post

A bag is like a hole that you can carry with you.

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_expanded;

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Grey Havens

Jul 13 2013, 12:26pm

Post #44 of 44 (79 views)
Shortcut
He had a bet going with Gandalf as to which one could assume more alternate identities. Loser has to go Balrog-diving. // [In reply to] Can't Post

A bag is like a hole that you can carry with you.

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_expanded;

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.