Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Which Dwarf is The Strongest ( physically ) ???
Poll: Which Dwarf is The Strongest ( physically ) ???
Of course Thorin Oakenshield !!! 3 / 9%
Fili 0 / 0%
kili 0 / 0%
DWAL1N 12 / 35%
Balin 0 / 0%
Ori 0 / 0%
Nori 0 / 0%
Dori  6 / 18%
Bifur 0 / 0%
Bofur  0 / 0%
Bombur 2 / 6%
Gloin 0 / 0%
Oin 0 / 0%
GIMLI Is The Best !!!! 5 / 15%
Thror 0 / 0%
Thrain II 0 / 0%
Dain II Ironfoot 4 / 12%
Unfair list (-_-) 1 / 3%
Dwarves Suck !!! Elfs 4ever 1 / 3%
^ whoever voted for that is a loser !!! Dwarves are Best !!! 0 / 0%
34 total votes

W1tchK1nG
The Shire

Jul 6 2013, 4:42pm

Post #1 of 9 (260 views)
Shortcut
Which Dwarf is The Strongest ( physically ) ??? Can't Post

What is your opinion ??? Who is The strongest Dwarf WinkWink Smile

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Jul 6 2013, 7:27pm

Post #2 of 9 (150 views)
Shortcut
By the book... [In reply to] Can't Post

Going by Tolkien, out of the company, Dori is the strongest while Fili has the best sight. Gimli would likely compare well to Dori.

malickfan
Gondor

Jul 6 2013, 7:52pm

Post #3 of 9 (137 views)
Shortcut
Dain Ironfoot [In reply to] Can't Post

He fought in the Goblin Wars, killed Azog outiside the Gates of Moria aged just 32 (effectively a teenager in Dwarvish terms) evidentily having to push through the Vanguard of the Orcs single handed, was in early drafts of LOTR considred to be one of the seven ringbearers. In both the Battle of Annazilbazurthingy and BOFA his prescene was crucial factors in rallying the dwarvish armies, and he was killed fighting outside erebor past has 252nd year (in his 80's at least in Dwarvish years). Its never stated any where but I also like to think 'Ironfoot' was literal-i.e he had his feet hacked off in battle and preceeded to carry on fighting until receiving articial replacements, but that may just be down to the picture I have of Billy Connoly screaming swear words at Azog before giving him a good thrashing Scottish Style in TABA.

A Mohawk, thick scottish accent, an armoured boar, copper red suit of steel (so the rumours have said) and possible metal feet, Dain is going to be one Badass character in the films, can't wait.

FlameOFtheWEST
The Shire

Jul 8 2013, 1:28pm

Post #4 of 9 (87 views)
Shortcut
Thorin. [In reply to] Can't Post

If they all got in a BrawlIt would come down between Thorin and Dwalin and I think Thorin will have the upper hand. However I can't wait to see Ironfoot.

Lothwen
Rivendell

Jul 8 2013, 4:48pm

Post #5 of 9 (77 views)
Shortcut
Oops [In reply to] Can't Post

I voted Bombur by mistake- I meant to click Gloin. Laugh

So Bombur is the strongest because...well...um...maybe-er, actually no...I got it! The force of his formidable weight acts in his favour, and, um, is useful in combat. Crazy

ryouko
Lorien

Jul 9 2013, 12:43am

Post #6 of 9 (61 views)
Shortcut
Dori [In reply to] Can't Post

He's the strongest according to the book. And in the movie, he managed to hold onto the staff with Ori hanging off his leg for quite a few minutes!

RosieLass
Valinor

Jul 9 2013, 6:19pm

Post #7 of 9 (57 views)
Shortcut
LOL at your last two choices! :D [In reply to] Can't Post

The book says Dori, so that's what I chose.

StruänWätson

Jul 9 2013, 9:38pm

Post #8 of 9 (46 views)
Shortcut
I agree, Dain Ironfoot [In reply to] Can't Post

PLEASE tell me that's true. getting his feet hacked off and still fighting... omg you have made me more hyped for Connolly's role as Dain for these upcoming films. Thankyou for making my day.

malickfan
Gondor

Jul 10 2013, 12:43pm

Post #9 of 9 (47 views)
Shortcut
Like I said its only a wild rumour I've heard [In reply to] Can't Post

But I can't deny it would be very cool to see on screen, and metal feet seems exactly like the type of thing PJ would do.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.