Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:

kbdiggity
Rivendell

Jul 10 2013, 8:13am

Views: 30
Shortcut
. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Do you know anyone or think any of the general movie goers are ignorant as to the identity of the Necromancer? Obviously we know it is Sauron but I wonder if anyone doesn't know it. The Nazgul was a little obvious for a hint to me! I could see the design in AUJ throwing people off though. Do you think they were even trying to make the Necromancer thing a big movie reveal/shocker? It doesn't seem so to me.

I saw the movie with someone who had never read any of the books and had only seen the LoTR movies. He asked me about the Necromancer after the film was over. I said I didn't want to spoil it and asked him to guess who the Necromancer was. His guess was that the Necromancer was the Lord of the Nazgul. His reasoning being that he remembered that character being called a "witch king", and the one ghostly nazgul we saw in The Hobbit made him think all the nazgul must be in Dol Guldur.

Subject User Time
A question about the Necromancer and the general audience *SPOILERS* The Mitch King Send a private message to The Mitch King Jul 6 2013, 5:57am
    Possibly to casual fans Yngwulff Send a private message to Yngwulff Jul 6 2013, 7:41am
    Casual fans who are being sequential and have not yet seen the Rings films, especially children AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jul 6 2013, 7:58am
        Casual fans... micha84 Send a private message to micha84 Jul 6 2013, 4:08pm
    Well, for the more astute casual movie-goers there is a fairly obvious clue that is not a Nazgul Radagast-Aiwendil Send a private message to Radagast-Aiwendil Jul 6 2013, 8:03am
        Saruman shoulda known better Yngwulff Send a private message to Yngwulff Jul 6 2013, 8:08am
        Totally forgot about this! The Mitch King Send a private message to The Mitch King Jul 6 2013, 8:29am
        True enough. Though, I would caution against driving ourselves to distraction AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jul 6 2013, 8:32am
            My opinion The Mitch King Send a private message to The Mitch King Jul 6 2013, 8:47am
                A certain Dwarf and two of his next of kin are going to fall ere all is done. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jul 6 2013, 9:58am
                    Providing Backstory to the LOTR films Michelle Johnston Jul 6 2013, 10:38am
                        I agree in the absolute with everything you have stated here. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jul 8 2013, 8:01am
                    Very true The Mitch King Send a private message to The Mitch King Jul 6 2013, 5:13pm
    Absolutely ... many, many, many people (general movie-goers, have read the book once, seen the LOTR films 10 years ago) have asked me who the Necromancer is. DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jul 6 2013, 8:32am
    What a wasted opportunity! Danielos Send a private message to Danielos Jul 6 2013, 10:48am
        I agree Aitieuriskon Send a private message to Aitieuriskon Jul 6 2013, 2:08pm
        Agreed... Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Jul 6 2013, 6:10pm
    In my opinion GiantMushroomBear Send a private message to GiantMushroomBear Jul 6 2013, 2:04pm
        Does the movie-White Council already knows about the Ringwraiths? Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Send a private message to Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Jul 6 2013, 6:12pm
            I think... The Mitch King Send a private message to The Mitch King Jul 6 2013, 6:40pm
                That doesn't answer my question. Here's my theory Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Send a private message to Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Jul 6 2013, 7:07pm
                    OK The Mitch King Send a private message to The Mitch King Jul 6 2013, 7:19pm
    appearance LordGawain Send a private message to LordGawain Jul 6 2013, 7:46pm
        Well, someone on here called "nameless thing" Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Jul 6 2013, 8:09pm
            I'd like to see the living statues in action Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Send a private message to Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Jul 6 2013, 8:30pm
                I forgot about the moving statue The Mitch King Send a private message to The Mitch King Jul 6 2013, 8:50pm
                    I'm not sure but Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Send a private message to Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Jul 6 2013, 9:02pm
                        I like the idea The Mitch King Send a private message to The Mitch King Jul 6 2013, 9:09pm
        I think... The Mitch King Send a private message to The Mitch King Jul 6 2013, 8:47pm
            Yes LordGawain Send a private message to LordGawain Jul 7 2013, 1:08am
                About Sauron... Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Jul 7 2013, 1:12am
                    If you recall The Mitch King Send a private message to The Mitch King Jul 7 2013, 2:08am
                        Ring Wraiths Yngwulff Send a private message to Yngwulff Jul 7 2013, 3:29am
                    That would be cool to see him in different shapes Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Send a private message to Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Jul 7 2013, 11:17am
                        It's not odd at all, in my opinion. DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jul 7 2013, 6:08pm
                            It did seem Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Jul 7 2013, 7:42pm
                                exactly LordGawain Send a private message to LordGawain Jul 7 2013, 9:31pm
                    On a side note... sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Jul 8 2013, 8:46am
                        Ask jeeves Yngwulff Send a private message to Yngwulff Jul 8 2013, 8:54am
                        He was in "a" fair form as Annatar ElendilTheShort Send a private message to ElendilTheShort Jul 8 2013, 10:29am
                        Yes it does. Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Jul 8 2013, 7:26pm
                Yes! Not only cool but novel accurate. Well, kinda, if you are replacing Dol Guldur with AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jul 8 2013, 8:09am
            . kbdiggity Send a private message to kbdiggity Jul 10 2013, 8:10am
    . kbdiggity Send a private message to kbdiggity Jul 10 2013, 8:13am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.