Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Who do u think is the strongest female character ???
Poll: Who do u think is the strongest female character ???
Tauriel of Mirkwood     Weapon - Bow and two daggers 6 / 14%
Lady Éowyn of Rohan     Weapon - sword and a shield  28 / 64%
Arwen Evenstar of Rivindell     weapon - sword only 2 / 5%
Draw ( i like all of them ) 3 / 7%
I Don't care ( I hate all of them ) 1 / 2%
Not a fair fight 4 / 9%
44 total votes

W1tchK1nG
The Shire

Jul 4 2013, 11:36am

Post #1 of 18 (385 views)
Shortcut
Who do u think is the strongest female character ??? Can't Post

So i want to know who do you think is the strongest both book and movie character(female) of The hobbit and The Lord of the Rings ???

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Jul 4 2013, 7:14pm)

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Jul 4 2013, 12:08pm

Post #2 of 18 (268 views)
Shortcut
Sense [In reply to] Can't Post

Is what sense - magically, muscularly, politically???

Lothwen
Rivendell

Jul 4 2013, 12:18pm

Post #3 of 18 (278 views)
Shortcut
What about Galadriel? [In reply to] Can't Post

She is a Noldor, and is quite powerful. (At the time of LotR, she was one of the most powerful elves in middle earth.) I can't remember exactly where I read it, but didn't she help in defeating/defeated Dol Guldur?

W1tchK1nG
The Shire

Jul 4 2013, 12:41pm

Post #4 of 18 (259 views)
Shortcut
They are no match for Galadriel [In reply to] Can't Post

( I meant the physical strength btw ) well i thought that Galadriel was way too powerful for them so i thought it wouldn't be fair Wink Wink

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Jul 4 2013, 1:14pm

Post #5 of 18 (255 views)
Shortcut
None of the above. [In reply to] Can't Post

Where is the Lady of Lorien who brought down the walls of Dol Guldur? Where is Galadriel?

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Jul 4 2013, 1:22pm

Post #6 of 18 (248 views)
Shortcut
another to consider [In reply to] Can't Post

... dis... the sister of thorin.

as a dwarf, she would be extremely strong.

cheers --

Lothwen
Rivendell

Jul 4 2013, 1:54pm

Post #7 of 18 (244 views)
Shortcut
Ah, in that case, [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll have vote for Arwen, even though she might not seem to be as "tough" as Eowyn and Tauriel, she is (probably) the oldest, and therefore the most experienced.

Brethil
Half-elven

Jul 4 2013, 2:58pm

Post #8 of 18 (258 views)
Shortcut
On physical deeds I voted Eowyn [In reply to] Can't Post

WE know Haleth defended the stockade but we don't get details sadly!

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Jul 4 2013, 6:48pm

Post #9 of 18 (211 views)
Shortcut
Galadriel Cheats [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Where is the Lady of Lorien who brought down the walls of Dol Guldur? Where is Galadriel?

That's not physical strength. Using magic that has been bestowed upon you is like having someone else do the work.
Tongue

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Jul 5 2013, 11:56am

Post #10 of 18 (188 views)
Shortcut
Not bestowed... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To

That's not physical strength. Using magic that has been bestowed upon you is like having someone else do the work.
Tongue

Galadriel used the power inherent within her, not power bestowed upon her. Consider that this was after the destruction of the One Ring so that her Elven Ring would no longer function.

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Jul 5 2013, 3:37pm

Post #11 of 18 (176 views)
Shortcut
Bestowed [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, bestowed by the Creation, since it is established that sentient gods created Middle-earth and all the creatures and things aboard it. Plus, to no small effect, the ring she was given, albeit diminished by the destruction of the One Ring.

Bestowed. I would not use the word had Middle-earth developed through evolution.

(This post was edited by JWPlatt on Jul 5 2013, 3:41pm)

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Jul 5 2013, 5:17pm

Post #12 of 18 (176 views)
Shortcut
In that sense... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Yes, bestowed by the Creation, since it is established that sentient gods created Middle-earth and all the creatures and things aboard it. Plus, to no small effect, the ring she was given, albeit diminished by the destruction of the One Ring.

Bestowed. I would not use the word had Middle-earth developed through evolution.

Isn't all strength and potential--physical and otherwise--bestowed by the Creator?

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Jul 5 2013, 5:54pm

Post #13 of 18 (190 views)
Shortcut
That Would Follow [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

In Reply To

Isn't all strength and potential--physical and otherwise--bestowed by the Creator?

That would follow. By their process of Creation in the fiction - not ours. Different rules. It would follow that even the Ainur were bestowed with a nature, given by Eru-of-several-names. What - one name isn't enough for a god? That's why I have such a dim view of the capriciousness and recklessness of the gods. The Creator must be omnipotent and thus Eru with intent allowed for Melkor. The Valar shunned their own responsibilities toward the destruction that they initiated upon Middle-earth. Eru thus designed and intended all misery to follow. It was fated, given, bestowed by the Creation of the nature of the song and not by quantum mechanics and evolution where we are of our own nature of chance and choice.

(This post was edited by JWPlatt on Jul 5 2013, 5:59pm)

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Jul 8 2013, 7:33pm

Post #14 of 18 (129 views)
Shortcut
Not fair [In reply to] Can't Post

Of the three, as depicted - hard for me to say as I need to really see Tauriel in a whole movie or two to decide! But I would bet it is she, in a close one over Eowyn. She enjoys advantages of age and being permitted to pursue her interest in fighting, and the physical advantage of being an Elf, that Eowyn lacked.

But if we are talking overall, female characters, Galadriel should be on the list, and would have my vote.

ryouko
Lorien

Jul 9 2013, 12:49am

Post #15 of 18 (116 views)
Shortcut
Lady Eowyn [In reply to] Can't Post

I need not say more.

Cuwen Maegmacil
Rivendell

Jul 12 2013, 8:13pm

Post #16 of 18 (99 views)
Shortcut
I voted a Draw, but only because I haven't seen Tauriel in action. [In reply to] Can't Post

Otherwise I'd say Eowyn. Arwen, yes she used a sword that ONE time and fended off the Nazgul, but other than that, she stayed home and day-dreamed of Aragorn all day. Eowyn so far is the strongest.

dubulous
Rohan

Jul 12 2013, 9:52pm

Post #17 of 18 (114 views)
Shortcut
None of the above [In reply to] Can't Post

Galadriel, even when stripped out of all her 'magical' powers, would probably have swept floors with the rest of the ladies, considering she is described to have been "strong of body, mind, and will, a match for both the loremasters and the athletes of the Eldar in the days of their youth". She also had enough physical strength and endurance to cross the Helcaraxë on foot, not only surviving a trek where many others perished but being strong enough to actually act as one of the leaders while doing so.

If she was physically a match for even the strongest of the Eldar, then neither Arwen, Eowyn or Tauriel (who I hesitate to even consider for any comparison) would have stood a chance against her.

Elwen
Lorien

Jul 16 2013, 2:18pm

Post #18 of 18 (107 views)
Shortcut
Well given that Eowyn is a "daughter of kings, a shieldmaiden of Rohan" and [In reply to] Can't Post

a sword wielding Arwen and Tauriel wielding anything are a figment of the screenwriters' imagination, Eowyn wins without ever drawing blade. Angelic

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.