Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
"The World is in greaaat danger"

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Jul 3 2013, 5:26pm

Post #1 of 10 (969 views)
Shortcut
"The World is in greaaat danger" Can't Post

After we noticed that there is a stone troll in the background, is that our last proof that this scene should be right after the High Fells ?!
In AUJ i remember Gandalf saying "they must have come from the Ettenmoors"...now we see this kind of statue in the shot. The High Fells are supposed to be located in this area,probably on the border to the Misty Mountains.

Would fit the spoiler from the Empire Magazine we we have been told, that after one-third of the Movie Gandalf suspects who the Necromancer really is. And after the result of the tomb-investigation he tells Radagast about his worries. Which leads to the this scene we saw in the latest blog...

What you think ?

DuBekar
Rivendell

Jul 3 2013, 6:15pm

Post #2 of 10 (419 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

I really do believe he mentiones Sauron to Radagast :)

" Why, O people of Noldor! Fėanor cried. Why should we longer serve the jealous Valar, who cannot keep us nor even their own realm secure from their enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengence calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and of the thief of treasure. Yet i am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your King? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the mountains and the sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the thankless sea? Or shall we return to our home? In cuivičnen sweet ran the waters under uncloaded stars, and wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still and await us who in out folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city!"

Aitieuriskon
Lorien

Jul 3 2013, 6:23pm

Post #3 of 10 (413 views)
Shortcut
I'm not convinced that the stone lump is a statue [In reply to] Can't Post

BUT I agree with you that this scene must occur after the tomb investigation and likely will contain the first subtle references to the Necromancer's identity, hopefully not explicitly naming Sauron but mentioning a supreme being from the distant past..

"After all, I believe that legends and myths are largely made of 'truth', and indeed present aspects of it that can only be received in this mode; and long ago certain truths and modes of this kind were discovered and must always reappear." Professor Tolkien, 1951

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Jul 3 2013, 7:19pm

Post #4 of 10 (345 views)
Shortcut
It's a stature for sure but not a troll [In reply to] Can't Post

It might be a rotten Nazgūl stature or a man of the North as a guardian of the tombs? I'm sure that Gandalf only fears that the Nazgūl escaped from there but I don't think that he his already certain that the Necromancer is Sauron. He will find it out later when he follows Thrain in Dol Guldur. There he will know it. But before it is only a fear of him.

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Jul 3 2013, 7:40pm

Post #5 of 10 (330 views)
Shortcut
Location ?! [In reply to] Can't Post

Was just thinking about it...do you think that for the surroundings of the High Fells there is a real location?! We got that picture from the chronicles but only have seen green screen so far....

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 3 2013, 7:51pm

Post #6 of 10 (361 views)
Shortcut
* "The world is in grave danger" [In reply to] Can't Post

Just for accuracies sake. WinkAngelic

Coming soon! The first TORn Amateur Symposium, starts Sunday 21st July in the Reading Room. Closing date for essay submission Sunday 14th July, but even if you don't submit, join us for some interesting discussion on some different and personal ways of looking at Tolkien's work.

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Jul 3 2013, 7:59pm

Post #7 of 10 (311 views)
Shortcut

But i'm pretty sure 90% understood the same as me ;-) at least,both fits :-)

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 3 2013, 8:05pm

Post #8 of 10 (316 views)
Shortcut
Bomby's Theory? [In reply to] Can't Post

Dwarves BOLT from Rivendell,
G-Man & Rady-Dude
SCRAM to Rhudaur, just North of Elrond's

SlyC says "HOW did I get here?"

The Jail Break is Recent
...But a cold trail.

G-man flys to GoblinTown...
BACK...on with ...
PJ's Tale..

Jus' a Theory from the Old Forest
TB&G

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Jul 3 2013, 8:14pm

Post #9 of 10 (315 views)
Shortcut
Greaaaat Couragggge [In reply to] Can't Post

Apparently, the Maiar all like to extend certain words for effect.

MadgeBishop
The Shire

Jul 4 2013, 11:48pm

Post #10 of 10 (90 views)
Shortcut
Grrrrrrrave danger surely? [In reply to] Can't Post

He's rolling his r...like a good Scot as Mr. McCoy often did as our good Doctor.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.