Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
No Beorn yet..

DuBekar
Rivendell

Jul 3 2013, 11:37am

Post #1 of 14 (914 views)
Shortcut
No Beorn yet.. Can't Post

I am getting furious over here! I want to see Beorn, just something in human form. I think it's strange that they haven't showed him yet, at least in Production blogs. Well, maybe it is because he will be a bigger character than we could guess and they want too keep him as secret as possible? Or is it sad but true that he will not have such a big role after all?

Getting worried.

Really looking forward too se Mikael Persbrandt as Beorn, not because i am Swedish, but he is a great actor and i love his english accent :P lol

" Why, O people of Noldor! Fëanor cried. Why should we longer serve the jealous Valar, who cannot keep us nor even their own realm secure from their enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengence calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and of the thief of treasure. Yet i am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your King? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the mountains and the sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the thankless sea? Or shall we return to our home? In cuivičnen sweet ran the waters under uncloaded stars, and wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still and await us who in out folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city!"

(This post was edited by DuBekar on Jul 3 2013, 11:38am)

W1tchK1nG
The Shire

Jul 3 2013, 11:59am

Post #2 of 14 (554 views)
Shortcut
BE0RN [In reply to] Can't Post

“The story definitely has a lot of Beorn in the second and third movie. Mikael is a fantastic actor, absolutely wonderful. We will bring him back here for us to record more scenes for the third film next year. He is so good. Beorn’s the kind of character you want to write more material for”, says Peter Jackson
I'm really excited to see Beorn too , i want to see his fight scenes mostly Smile Smile Smile !!!
Hope i helped Wink Wink

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Jul 3 2013, 12:50pm

Post #3 of 14 (471 views)
Shortcut
I suppose [In reply to] Can't Post

I suppose they could have showed him in human form in the Trailer but I can see why they would save it. I can see him just in plain clothes speaking about the experiences of New Zealand and the production and working with other actors but we definitely don't want to see him in costume in blog format. I think the scaling will be part of bring him to life. In some earlier articles, his human form is 10 feet tall and that is also evidenced by the size of the set. The only way to really capture what that is like is in finished film footage.

Padfoot
Bree

Jul 3 2013, 1:12pm

Post #4 of 14 (444 views)
Shortcut
It's Indeed a bummer. [In reply to] Can't Post

For the same reasons... he's just a great actor and I'd love to see how he'll portray Beorn's character.

I've been waiting to see Mikael Persbrandt as Beorn for so long. I'm not Swedish, but he's quite popular in Germany, too, due to the "Beck" and "Verdict Revised" series of films.

signature by kiteflier with kind permission of http://richardarmitagenet.com

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Jul 3 2013, 2:47pm

Post #5 of 14 (405 views)
Shortcut
They've spoiled Smaug [In reply to] Can't Post

Or at least, Smaug at present...so it's only right that they should save some of the characters for later on. As they did with Radagast, I hope Beorn's appearance stays a secret for a very long time (i.e. no actual photos are released of him until about two months from the release, maybe not even that soon). We've at least seen him in bear-form in both the trailer (Although some have said to the contrary, I'm pretty sure that was a bear), and in the original scroll released by PJ. So I do hope they don't show his human form yet-he's without a doubt the thing I'm most looking forward to in the film.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."-Gandalf

Glorfindela
Valinor

Jul 3 2013, 3:52pm

Post #6 of 14 (332 views)
Shortcut
I REALLY do not want to see Beorn (or Smaug) until the film comes out [In reply to] Can't Post

As far as I'm concerned, they can continue spamming with Legolas and Tauriel, who I couldn't care less about, and leave the bits that I DO care about until the film comes out. They are also not showing much of Bilbo and Thorin or Balin, for example, I am hoping because they want to save the best things for the film itself.

And yes, I am very much looking forward to seeing Beorn. Smile

CathrineB
Rohan

Jul 3 2013, 4:56pm

Post #7 of 14 (299 views)
Shortcut
meh [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm more curious to see more of Beorn as a bear. I'm not a huge fan of Mikael at all. I hope he does a good job :/

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Jul 3 2013, 5:36pm

Post #8 of 14 (292 views)
Shortcut
Beorn in human form will be seen in some of the teasers coming up... [In reply to] Can't Post

i would be surprised if they're holding back until the release because they have already shown us smaug.

take me down to the woodland realm where the trees are green and the elf women are pretty....Oh will you please take me home!!

sycorax82
Rohan

Jul 3 2013, 5:38pm

Post #9 of 14 (294 views)
Shortcut
I get the feeling there's plenty of CGI involved even in his human appearance [In reply to] Can't Post

This is one of the reasons we haven't seen him yet. His entire look could have been revised, a la Azog.

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jul 3 2013, 5:42pm

Post #10 of 14 (287 views)
Shortcut
I still can't believe [In reply to] Can't Post

that they spoiled Smaug. Shocked Especially after being so careful to hide him during film 1!

"...not till now have I understood the tale of your people and their fall.
As wicked fools I scorned them, but I pity them at last.
For if this is indeed, as the Eldar say, the gift of the One to Men,
it is bitter to receive." -Arwen Undómiel

(This post was edited by Ardamírë on Jul 3 2013, 5:43pm)

Skaan
Lorien

Jul 3 2013, 6:10pm

Post #11 of 14 (259 views)
Shortcut
Well, the reason we didn't see Smaug in AUJ [In reply to] Can't Post

Was also because they hadn't finalised Smaug's design yet. I'm sure they would've still hid him the same way if they had already finished his design though.

DuBekar
Rivendell

Jul 3 2013, 6:12pm

Post #12 of 14 (268 views)
Shortcut
Nah.. [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think he is CGI, because Richard Armitage has talked about how awesome Mikael looks like in prostetics :) Perhaps they just CG his eyes or something.

" Why, O people of Noldor! Fëanor cried. Why should we longer serve the jealous Valar, who cannot keep us nor even their own realm secure from their enemy? And though he be now their foe, are not they and he of one kin? Vengence calls me hence, but even were it otherwise I would not dwell longer in the same land with the kin of my father's slayer and of the thief of treasure. Yet i am not the only valiant in this valiant people. And have ye not all lost your King? And what else have ye not lost, cooped here in a narrow land between the mountains and the sea? Here once was light, that the Valar begrudged to middle-earth, but now dark levels all. Shall we mourn here deedless forever, a shadow-folk, mist-haunting, dropping vain tears in the thankless sea? Or shall we return to our home? In cuivičnen sweet ran the waters under uncloaded stars, and wide lands lay about, where a free people might walk. There they lie still and await us who in out folly forsook them. Come away! Let the cowards keep this city!"

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Jul 3 2013, 7:02pm

Post #13 of 14 (228 views)
Shortcut
I agree [In reply to] Can't Post

I think its a size, scale issue. If we see him in costume it will be via a trailer in proper scale.

I just wonder why haven't seem him in plain clothes in the blogs giving general commentary like the other actors. For people familiar, is he shy and the type of personality that would shy away from interview/blog type stuff? I saw him an interview a couple years ago and albeit with an accent, he seemed very fluent in English and seemed charming in the interview.

flameofudun
Lorien

Jul 4 2013, 11:10pm

Post #14 of 14 (70 views)
Shortcut
We did see him in the trailer briefly in bear form. And also [In reply to] Can't Post

I am nervous about this.... Some one pleas erasure my anxiety disorder and tell me he IS going to be in the movie, which I know he will...

''We are very dangerous over short distances''

-Gimli

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.