Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Capricorn One

Poll: Are you comfortable with Radagast dying?
Yes, it explains his absence in LOTR
Yes, I don't like Radagast
I don't really care if he lives or dies!
No, I really like Radagast
No, it wouldn't be canon (Tolkien never says what happens)
View Results (66 votes)

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Jul 20 2013, 9:13pm

Views: 47
Shortcut
Capricorn One [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
...I think in the movie verse his death would be acceptable because he was never even mentioned in the LOTR movies and therefore needs to be written out in a definitive way by the end of The Hobbit trilogy.

So Radagast should retroactively die because Jackson & Co. failed to foresee a need for him in The Lord of the Rings? This is ridiculously akin to the situation in the movie, Capricorn One, where NASA fakes a mission to Mars with three astronauts when they discover just before launch that it won't work. The real unmanned capsule burns up during reentry due to a faulty heat shield. So the government decides to kill the astronauts who are still hidden away on Earth to save face.

Killing off Radagast because of a writers' omission is the same reprehensible situation.

But like I said, killing him off to cure his poo problem is entirely justifiable. Maybe in the fan edit. Wink

(This post was edited by JWPlatt on Jul 20 2013, 9:18pm)

Subject User Time
Are you comfortable with Radagast dying? Mad Hatter of Middle-Earth Send a private message to Mad Hatter of Middle-Earth Jul 2 2013, 2:20pm
    No, I wouldn't want him to die because Lothwen Send a private message to Lothwen Jul 2 2013, 2:25pm
        As Lothwen said Fredeghar Wayfarer Send a private message to Fredeghar Wayfarer Jul 3 2013, 9:42am
            Just to be clear Mad Hatter of Middle-Earth Send a private message to Mad Hatter of Middle-Earth Jul 3 2013, 5:01pm
    Only if he comes back as Radagast the Beige. / Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Jul 2 2013, 2:42pm
    No demnation Send a private message to demnation Jul 2 2013, 5:21pm
        I feel the same angelclaw Send a private message to angelclaw Jul 14 2013, 5:30pm
    Poo JWPlatt Jul 3 2013, 4:15am
        My response is a combination of yours, JWPlatt and the one above yours. Patty Send a private message to Patty Jul 18 2013, 11:53am
    No, I really like Radagast! *book spoiler* arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Jul 3 2013, 12:31pm
    No. RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass Jul 3 2013, 7:16pm
    What Lothwen said malickfan Send a private message to malickfan Jul 7 2013, 10:22pm
    No death FlameOFtheWEST Send a private message to FlameOFtheWEST Jul 8 2013, 1:33pm
    I hope Radagast doesn't die... dik-dik Send a private message to dik-dik Jul 9 2013, 4:06pm
        hopefully Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jul 9 2013, 8:16pm
    No/ sevilodorf Send a private message to sevilodorf Jul 10 2013, 3:49pm
    I cannot say, yet. cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Jul 11 2013, 12:01am
    I feel fairly indifferent... dubulous Send a private message to dubulous Jul 14 2013, 7:28pm
        Capricorn One JWPlatt Jul 20 2013, 9:13pm
    Of course not! sam90 Send a private message to sam90 Jul 16 2013, 7:44pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.