Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
gothmog appearence?

boldog
Rohan

Jul 1 2013, 5:05am

Post #1 of 12 (876 views)
Shortcut
gothmog appearence? Can't Post

Could we see the memorable leuitanant from the Return of the King have a cameo, or even a role in these upcoming films? Legolas fights a serious or, so who knows maybe Gothmog could be the orc? He might even be at Dol guldur, and possibly escape when the white council drives the evil out. Either way (going far from canon) I reckon it could be cool to see him again, and who knows, we might even see how he became so ugly with all the mutations on his body, in ROTK? I like the idea of his revibal in this films...im gonna get a lot of hate for this though.....Wink

"fingolfin looked up in grief to see what evil morgoth had done to maedhros"

Yngwulff
Gondor

Jul 1 2013, 5:09am

Post #2 of 12 (402 views)
Shortcut
Mebbe [In reply to] Can't Post

PJ might have him get hammered by one of saruman's devices when they storm Dol Guldur which would explain why he is so gimped up in ROTK.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

The Mitch King
Rohan

Jul 1 2013, 5:12am

Post #3 of 12 (401 views)
Shortcut
You shouldn't get hate! [In reply to] Can't Post

Rather a differing of opinion!

Wink

I think the idea is interesting but Gothmog was really rather bland to me and it is solely on that basis I could do without him. If that "serious orc" really is a distinguished orc compared to others than I hope he is a member of Bolg's guard mentioned in the book. Not Bolg, Azog, Gothmog or whoever else we might think of!

If he was in these movies though, it would make more sense having him at Dol Guldur(due to the more "Mordor" connection there) and not battling Legolas(who would presumably tear him to shreds in a second) at the BoFA. Smile

(This post was edited by The Mitch King on Jul 1 2013, 5:15am)

Yngwulff
Gondor

Jul 1 2013, 5:18am

Post #4 of 12 (363 views)
Shortcut
yeah [In reply to] Can't Post

Definately Dol Guldur and not BO5A

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

boldog
Rohan

Jul 1 2013, 7:09am

Post #5 of 12 (334 views)
Shortcut
what if he is part of Bolgs Bodyguard.....? [In reply to] Can't Post

A bit far fetched, I know, but if Legolas is fighting an orc in the bodyguard, what if Gothmog was in there. But like you all have said, it is much better him being at Dol guldur, and can actually save Jackson introducing yet another Orc...

"fingolfin looked up in grief to see what evil morgoth had done to maedhros"

Yngwulff
Gondor

Jul 1 2013, 7:46am

Post #6 of 12 (303 views)
Shortcut
mebbe [In reply to] Can't Post

But I think Legolas will be pitted up against some nameless big hulking henchman/bodyguard of Bolg reminiscient of the likes of an old gangster movie heavy and be swept away by the tide of battle before he can ginsu Bolg with his daggers alowing Beorn his moment of glory. Possibly trying to get to and save Thorin similar to the battle in ROTK where Aragorn goes down and he can't get to him either ... and would have been killed if the Ring had not been destroyed ... see the link and remember the despair on Legolas' face when he knows he can't save Aragorn ... deja vu despair for Legolas if my hunch is correct ...

lurtz2010
Rohan

Jul 1 2013, 7:57am

Post #7 of 12 (311 views)
Shortcut
that would be amazing [In reply to] Can't Post

I know alot of people didn't think he was a good villan but I really liked him. I hope he does have a cameo but I doubt it because wouldn't we know already? the whole cast was announced ages ago.

jtarkey
Rohan

Jul 1 2013, 8:58am

Post #8 of 12 (301 views)
Shortcut
Seeing as how he looks nearly identical to Sloth from The Goonies... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm hoping for him to climb to the top of the lonely mountain and scream "HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!". He will then do the largest rope swing known to man, and get gimped in the process.

"You're love of the halflings leaf has clearly slowed your mind"

Shagrat
Gondor

Jul 1 2013, 10:30am

Post #9 of 12 (254 views)
Shortcut
Not sure [In reply to] Can't Post

I've said this before, but if they were going to have an Orc from the LOTR films appear, Sharku would have made the most sense, perhaps as one of Azog's captains. We could see how he got his facial scars, which look rather like an eagle talon ripped into his face. He isn't as recognisable as Gothmog however, so it's probable that less people will recognize the link.

Rostron2
Gondor

Jul 1 2013, 4:21pm

Post #10 of 12 (174 views)
Shortcut
I don't need to see him again or before his time. [In reply to] Can't Post

He's far away, learning how to chew and drink through a miraculous device known as a straw.

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Jul 2 2013, 4:05pm

Post #11 of 12 (81 views)
Shortcut
I like this! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sharku seemed to be more of a minion with personality to me - insulting to his enemies right up to his death. That, and his whole aura of, "I may be old, but I'm tough and don't need armor to protect me from wargs." I would really like to see him now among Azog's hunters, if only in a background cameo.

Plus, it would be so meta for Jed Brophy. Wink

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

sharku
Rivendell

Jul 3 2013, 9:30am

Post #12 of 12 (56 views)
Shortcut
Oh [In reply to] Can't Post

You mean orc Gothmog. For one exciting moment I thought you meant the other, far more elevated Gothmog

The high captain of Angband who slew and was slain by Ecthelion.

Now *that* would make a great flashback :)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.