Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Caption Contest!

stormcrow20
Gondor

Jun 30 2013, 8:46pm

Post #1 of 21 (433 views)
Shortcut
Caption Contest! Can't Post

Thanks to Kelvarhin for finding this rather interesting photo of Jed Brophy (Nori) and Aidan Turner (Kili)!

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Jun 30 2013, 9:15pm

Post #2 of 21 (210 views)
Shortcut
Jed's pick-pocket technique needs more subtlety. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Jun 30 2013, 9:16pm

Post #3 of 21 (211 views)
Shortcut
"The Butt-Cheeks of Doom are within my grasp!" / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

MomoftheShire
Rivendell

Jun 30 2013, 9:22pm

Post #4 of 21 (227 views)
Shortcut
Ahah! [In reply to] Can't Post

I bet you fangirls could do this!

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Jun 30 2013, 9:34pm

Post #5 of 21 (213 views)
Shortcut
"what has it got in its pocketses?" [In reply to] Can't Post

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

Eye's on Guard
Lorien

Jun 30 2013, 10:40pm

Post #6 of 21 (193 views)
Shortcut
Careful, Nori...you never know when your younger brother might be watching.// [In reply to] Can't Post

cats16
Valinor

Jun 30 2013, 10:53pm

Post #7 of 21 (190 views)
Shortcut
"It's ours it is, and we wants it!!" // [In reply to] Can't Post

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 1 2013, 2:03am

Post #8 of 21 (192 views)
Shortcut
Jed tries pick-pocketing Dwarf-style // [In reply to] Can't Post

4th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - May 1, 2013

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

stormcrow20
Gondor

Jul 1 2013, 4:56am

Post #9 of 21 (172 views)
Shortcut
Grope us and goose us, my precioussss! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Fredeghar Wayfarer
Lorien

Jul 1 2013, 7:36am

Post #10 of 21 (182 views)
Shortcut
Kili's milkshake brings all the dwarves to the yard [In reply to] Can't Post

Yngwulff
Gondor

Jul 1 2013, 7:50am

Post #11 of 21 (180 views)
Shortcut
eek oo' are you [In reply to] Can't Post

Daniels talking Bum

ďI don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.Ē

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 1 2013, 12:36pm

Post #12 of 21 (176 views)
Shortcut
Aiden is so Hot, he's Turned Jed... [In reply to] Can't Post

to the Dark Side?

Darkstone
Immortal

Jul 1 2013, 1:36pm

Post #13 of 21 (151 views)
Shortcut
"Just a bit off the flank! " / [In reply to] Can't Post

Brothers, sisters,
I was Elf once.
We danced together
Under the Two Trees.
We sang as the soft gold of Laurelin
And the bright silver of Telperion,
Brought forth the dawn of the world.
Then I was taken.

Brothers, sisters,
In my torment I kept faith,
And I waited.
But you never came.
And when I returned you drew sword,
And when I called your names you drew bow.
Was my Eldar beauty all,
And my soul nothing?

So be it.
I will return your hatred.
And I am hungry.

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Jul 1 2013, 1:39pm

Post #14 of 21 (164 views)
Shortcut
lol! [In reply to] Can't Post

darkstone wins the internet for today!

cheers : )

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Jul 1 2013, 2:19pm

Post #15 of 21 (143 views)
Shortcut
"Here comis the ticlkle-monster!" // [In reply to] Can't Post

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Jul 1 2013, 4:41pm

Post #16 of 21 (134 views)
Shortcut
Nobody gooses a Dwarf!// [In reply to] Can't Post

"123456!... password!... password1!... password2!... Gimli, do you know Durin's date of birth? Thanks. 140457!... mithril@!... mithril#!... maltbeer!... qwerty!... Legolas, do your elf eyes see any post-its lying around the base of the cliff?"

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Jul 2 2013, 4:46pm

Post #17 of 21 (110 views)
Shortcut
Wedgie time! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry... Having three younger siblings keeps my sense of humor in a rather immature state...

Even without captions, though, that picture is hilarious. Leave it to Jed Brophy and his shenanigans. Wink

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

silneldor
Half-elven

Jul 3 2013, 1:59am

Post #18 of 21 (92 views)
Shortcut
There was this beautious woman soccer player I remember that had such....\\ [In reply to] Can't Post

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

Faerie contains many things besides elves and fays and besides dwarfs, witches, trolls, giants or dragons; it holds the seas, the sun, the moon, the sky; and the earth, and all things that are one in it: tree and bird, water and stone, wine and bread, and ourselves, mortal men, when we are enchanted."
ó J.R.R. Tolkien

batik
Tol Eressea

Jul 4 2013, 6:54pm

Post #19 of 21 (60 views)
Shortcut
Jed reinforces TORn's description of the character: "Nobody quite knows what Nori gets up to most of the time, except that itís guaranteed to be dodgy... "// [In reply to] Can't Post

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Jul 6 2013, 7:13pm

Post #20 of 21 (56 views)
Shortcut
WIN [In reply to] Can't Post

My favorite of the captions, hands down. Laugh (Mine wasn't very imaginative to begin with...)

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 7 2013, 7:54pm

Post #21 of 21 (45 views)
Shortcut
Dori wants to Know what Kili has in his Pockets?// [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.