Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
AUJ Quotability
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Mooseboy018
Grey Havens

Jun 30 2013, 4:43pm

Post #26 of 32 (223 views)
Shortcut
the Great Goblin [In reply to] Can't Post

I sometimes use this when I'm playing video games with my friends (whether they're a wizard-type character or not): "What are you going to do now, wizard?"

TheHutt
Gondor

Jun 30 2013, 7:40pm

Post #27 of 32 (172 views)
Shortcut
"That'll be the door"! [In reply to] Can't Post

...is also one of my all-time favorites!

Russian LOTR & Hobbit Site: Henneth-Annun.ru

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 1 2013, 2:29am

Post #28 of 32 (141 views)
Shortcut
You Can use this Anytime... [In reply to] Can't Post

...they pause, and you PUT IN?

"and Invented the Game of Golf
at the same time...?"

BombyBadAss...

jtarkey
Rohan

Jul 1 2013, 9:20am

Post #29 of 32 (110 views)
Shortcut
That's one of my favorite lines! [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think it's supposed to be funny, but the way Humphries says it is hilarious. It's not funny in an "its so bad it's funny" way. It's just the emphasis he puts on the words that does it for me. I've always found the word "wizard" funny in itself.

"You're love of the halflings leaf has clearly slowed your mind"

bruinen
Bree

Jul 1 2013, 3:08pm

Post #30 of 32 (98 views)
Shortcut
From AUJ PR... [In reply to] Can't Post

Not a movie line, but Richard Armitage did a quiz game "Ikea furniture or Lord of the Rings character?" on a promo for AUJ--I think with an Australian radio show.

This has become daily random humor in the office where I work (about 20 people coming and going all day)..someone will pipe up with a name and everyone replies with "Tolkien!" or "Ikea!" Hasn't gotten old yet. Cool

Found it on google...in case anyone wants a laugh. http://www.fox.com.au/...ew-richard-armitage/ (The quiz is in part 2...about 3 mins.)

My Avatar: the desk Tolkien used when he wrote The Hobbit...now on display at Wheaton College.

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Jul 2 2013, 4:29pm

Post #31 of 32 (47 views)
Shortcut
I still sing it! [In reply to] Can't Post

The music book for AUJ has 'Misty Mountains' set an octave higher than it was actually recorded (man, it was in the basement for the actors) and I have no problem with them. Then again, I have a deep voice for a girl... have been mistaken for my brother on the phone at least once. Ah, well. It's worth it for 'Misty Mountains'. Cool

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Jul 2 2013, 4:36pm

Post #32 of 32 (51 views)
Shortcut
You're not alone. [In reply to] Can't Post

I can definitely blame AUJ for my recent habit of braiding my hair. Since I'm blond, I've tried to go for the Fili braids... it's harder than it looks!

Oh, yes, whenever my family plays croquet one or more of us is sure to hold up a mallet and announce, "It's a fun game... if you've got the balls for it." Or, also, while swinging the mallet dramatically: "He wields the Beater, bright as daylight!"

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.