Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Nothing to do with fighting.

Bumblingidiot
Lorien

Jun 29 2013, 2:58pm

Views: 45
Shortcut
Nothing to do with fighting. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's to do with lapses - Thranduil in the book has major character flaws - a bit too keen on jewels. No reason why the captain of the guard shouldn't be a competent soldier, but capable of underestimating the strength of a batch of special wine. It's part of the nature of the human frailties that Tolkien gave to his creations.

It shows great respect to a character to show their failures and their attempts to rectify them. Hopefully the film makers will take this approach - but I have my doubts.

Subject User Time
slow beginning to DoS? trqn13 Send a private message to trqn13 Jun 27 2013, 5:15pm
    I'd say so Shagrat Send a private message to Shagrat Jun 27 2013, 5:23pm
    I sure hope so Lindele Send a private message to Lindele Jun 27 2013, 5:53pm
    A lot happens... Angharad73 Send a private message to Angharad73 Jun 27 2013, 6:09pm
        Yep Ham_Sammy Send a private message to Ham_Sammy Jun 27 2013, 9:25pm
            I suspect the white stag thing to be in the EE // Ffnir Send a private message to Ffnir Jun 28 2013, 12:26am
                but then what could that elven guard be pointing to in the trailer??!? There&ThereAgain Send a private message to There&ThereAgain Jun 28 2013, 1:13am
    An estimation of timing. (Pointless, long and annoying post with plot spoilers). Bumblingidiot Send a private message to Bumblingidiot Jun 28 2013, 2:50am
        Suggestions, with same spoilers and some Movie Spoilers. arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Jun 28 2013, 12:36pm
            How many words do I have to write before they let me out of Rivendell? Bumblingidiot Send a private message to Bumblingidiot Jun 28 2013, 4:46pm
                Not sexism, common sense arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Jun 29 2013, 2:00pm
                    Nothing to do with fighting. Bumblingidiot Send a private message to Bumblingidiot Jun 29 2013, 2:58pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.