Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
changes in Bolgs storyline? and worse his design?

boldog
Rohan

Jun 26 2013, 12:02pm

Post #1 of 5 (1020 views)
Shortcut
changes in Bolgs storyline? and worse his design? Can't Post

Just reading a recent post about the upcoming film, and it mentions the fact that Bolg will join up with Azog at some point in the movie.
Now we all know from his official film description that he will be the torturer in Dol guldur. but that was written almost a year ago, and a lot has changed since then! Perhaps Jackson changed Bolgs storyline, and maybe he will not play such a big part in the dol guldur story. Maybe being the torturer for the first half of the film, before joining his daddy. But with his joining with azog, will leave question marks over how and who will lead bo5a. Azog is obviously going as far east as the elven kingdom, so if Bolg is with him, how are they going to go back west, form an army and march on erebor? this is concerning me greatly!
Also I have heard that 5 orcs will track the dwarves in laketown. could one of them be Azog or Bolg or even Fimbul?
and finally I am now speculating fears that Bolgs design might have been changed. I know he has an action figure, and posters and everything, but all this was done a year ago when things were different. considering the changes in Azogs design, could this be so for Bolg? As much as I hate the thought (I really love his bearded design), it could be, though it would be stupid considering all his merchandise. I have thought that he may be the orc who jumps at the end of the new trailer? he looks a lot like Azog.
what are your thoughts on this?

"fingolfin looked up in grief to see what evil morgoth had done to maedhros"

dave_lf
Gondor

Jun 26 2013, 12:25pm

Post #2 of 5 (399 views)
Shortcut
Who knows? [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think it's out of the question that Azog means Bolg has been reduced to a background character or even removed completely. I don't know where things will stand by the end of the next installment, but the story certainly doesn't need another major orc character at this point.

We did see Bolg (very!) briefly at Azanulbizar, but he wasn't named and nothing was made of it. It almost felt like an "homage" (they like that word) to a character who had been cut. Perhaps the EE will shed some light on this.

Edit: Nope. The Empire article that is just out confirms Bolg is in part 2.

(This post was edited by dave_lf on Jun 26 2013, 12:30pm)

Shagrat
Gondor

Jun 26 2013, 12:44pm

Post #3 of 5 (370 views)
Shortcut
I understand your concerns [In reply to] Can't Post

It's not impossible that Bolg will be changed via CGI to ensure his physical resemblance is closer to Azog. But I don't think that Orc in the trailer will be Bolg. For one, I suspect he'll be killed at that point. Furthermore, I think, at the very least, that Bolg will still be a hulking brute, and that Orc looks too small.

The Mitch King
Rohan

Jun 26 2013, 6:08pm

Post #4 of 5 (298 views)
Shortcut
Bolg's design [In reply to] Can't Post

I seriously doubt they changed it with all the merchandise and the 6" Bridge Direct action figure of him in wave 2. We a;ready saw him in AUJ too getting cut up so the whole metal/brutal surgery thing on his head makes tons of sense. Azog was a special situation I think.

deskp
Lorien

Jun 26 2013, 7:08pm

Post #5 of 5 (257 views)
Shortcut
Bolg looks fantastic. [In reply to] Can't Post

It should be abit weird seeing Bolgs realistic design next to Azgo, but I really hope they don't change him to CG.

CG Azog is my main issue with the film, It's just so apparent he's not "real"

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.