Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Fan-script for Bridge Film on Hall Of Fire with DG bits

TheBeerBaron
Rivendell

Jun 24 2013, 7:34am

Post #1 of 8 (502 views)
Shortcut
Fan-script for Bridge Film on Hall Of Fire with DG bits Can't Post

Hi guys,

Yesterday I stumbled across this fan-script for a bridge film intended for when PJ and GDT were going to make one film for The Hobbit and a second for a bridge film.

Anyway, I read it yesterday and I bought that it was generally pretty good. There is a whole Aragorn backstory with the twins etc. which I'd love to hear your comments on, but most relevantly they handle the Dol Guldur plot in this film showing when and how they would connect it with The Hobbit etc.

It looks like its quite a few years old, and therefore predates my lurking days so I don't know if its already been discussed, but have a look and see what you think and perhaps compare it to the DG bits that PJ has given us so far. There is for example no reference to Azog in this one!

On a side-note, if an adaptation of this would be made then they'd probably have to find a younger actor for Aragorn, but the rest of the cast would be fine,

Do give it a look; it's pretty exciting stuff!

http://thehalloffire.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3173&sid=6d68efba0f8e44a75d0a494c7d678a14

TheBeerBaron
Rivendell

Jun 24 2013, 1:21pm

Post #2 of 8 (158 views)
Shortcut
No replies? [In reply to] Can't Post

Is everyone busy reading the script or just no one find this interesting enough to comment?

dormouse
Half-elven

Jun 24 2013, 2:42pm

Post #3 of 8 (137 views)
Shortcut
Give 'em time - it is pretty long! ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

Arandir
Gondor

Jun 24 2013, 2:45pm

Post #4 of 8 (131 views)
Shortcut
Yep! Still ploughing through it ... [In reply to] Can't Post

though by the time it's read, this post would have probably gone over to page two! Laugh

Thanks for the link anyways! What I've read so far seems very interesting and I wonder how GdT and PJ's vision of the original bridge film differed from this.

'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' Review

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jun 24 2013, 2:47pm

Post #5 of 8 (135 views)
Shortcut
Plus, it was night for half the world :) [In reply to] Can't Post

I've only skimmed it so far. What I like is seeing Gilraen, Elladan, Elrohir, and Halbarad.

If done the right way, I do think that a bridge-film could be excellent.

I'll work on reading this throughout the day and then be back.

"...not till now have I understood the tale of your people and their fall.
As wicked fools I scorned them, but I pity them at last.
For if this is indeed, as the Eldar say, the gift of the One to Men,
it is bitter to receive." -Arwen Undómiel

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Jun 24 2013, 7:27pm

Post #6 of 8 (104 views)
Shortcut
Although the Hobbit Blog is long gone... [In reply to] Can't Post

...there is still a snapshot of the writers at work available on the "waybackmachine"

http://web.archive.org/...009A323100090004ECEC

Those were fun times... Angelic

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Jun 24 2013, 9:14pm

Post #7 of 8 (94 views)
Shortcut
By way of explanation [In reply to] Can't Post

In case this comment is not clear to people, this bridge film screenplay was originally created at "the Hobbit Blog" not at thehalloffire.net, although it is stored at the latter site for exactly this reason; so that people could have an opportunity to check it out. I'm glad that TheBeerBaron has brought it to folks attention. People should also check out the really interesting Silmarillion screenplay, also developed originally at "the Hobbit Blog" and currently housed a the HoF "Tolkien Script Writing" forum at http://www.thehalloffire.net/...m/viewforum.php?f=30 (while you are there, also check out Toshofthewuffinga's great LOTR screenplay).

Edit to add: I also should point out that Elen was/is the main guiding force of both the bridge film screenplay and the Silmarillion screenplay.

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

The Hall of Fire

(This post was edited by Voronwë_the_Faithful on Jun 24 2013, 9:15pm)

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Jun 25 2013, 6:35am

Post #8 of 8 (52 views)
Shortcut
That's not entirely accurate... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

Edit to add: I also should point out that Elen was/is the main guiding force of both the bridge film screenplay and the Silmarillion screenplay.

The SIL, yes, but the "Bridge" film was very much a team effort, and instigated by someone else, as can be seen from the link I gave. But thank you for the kind words....

I would have preferred to keep my head down and let people comment freely without the knowledge that any of the authors were active on TORn but it only seemed fair and right to acknowledge my presence. and to take the flak as well as any positive comments! Smile

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.