The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
So...

Rogash
Bree

Dec 26 2007, 10:47am

Post #1 of 11 (944 views)
Shortcut
So... Can't Post

Now we know that PJ can't direct The Hobbit,why don't we vote for others directors,(on the main page) ?
Guillermo Del Toro(The Best),Alfonso Cuaron(Good) and raimi(the worst).

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 26 2007, 12:49pm

Post #2 of 11 (737 views)
Shortcut
Good idea! [In reply to] Can't Post

If you like, you can make up a poll for the homepage and email it to the admins. They're always looking for ideas for new polls, and the timing of yours would be perfect :)

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

My DragonCon 07 Report

My JRRT Map Moot Report

Rogash
Bree

Dec 26 2007, 2:58pm

Post #3 of 11 (730 views)
Shortcut
But... [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know how make a poll Frown

Sherry
Rivendell

Dec 26 2007, 4:14pm

Post #4 of 11 (715 views)
Shortcut
Email [In reply to] Can't Post

one of the contact email addys

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/contact-us/

If in doubt, spymaster is probably the best bet. There used to be a direct contact to suggest polls, Gamgee and Calisuri iirc, but its no longer listed on the new site. However, the old site point of contact poll email still works :)

'I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.'

Altaira
Superuser

Dec 26 2007, 5:03pm

Post #5 of 11 (713 views)
Shortcut
I thought we'd already had one [In reply to] Can't Post

on the old site. The current poll archives don't go back any further than when the new site came up, so I can't be sure.

There *is* already a poll here on the Pollantir boards about directors. If we didn't have one on the front page of the old site then you're right, we're certainly due for one! Calisuri would be the one to email. Maybe you could just point him to the Pollantir thread. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

fmaximus
Rivendell

Dec 26 2007, 5:18pm

Post #6 of 11 (714 views)
Shortcut
I hope they include Fran Walsh in the Poll [In reply to] Can't Post

She would be my second choice after PJ.

Del Toro is a great director but for some reason he doesn't fit for the Hobbit in my opinion. Pans Labyrinth, although very well done, was disturbing and messed up and I wouldn't want any of that style implemented in the Hobbit.
He doesn't seem to be a big fan of Tolkien either, since He even admitted not being able to make it through the LOTR books because he had a hard time following it.
From what I've gathered, Raimi at least seems more intersested and passionate towards Tolkiens work than does Del Toro.

But like I said, Fran Walsh would have my vote if PJ can't do it.

(This post was edited by fmaximus on Dec 26 2007, 5:19pm)

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 26 2007, 5:35pm

Post #7 of 11 (718 views)
Shortcut
In fact, I already submitted two polls *grins sheepishly* [In reply to] Can't Post

I couldn't resist. It in the "Frontpage of TheOneRing.net Polls" thread in the Pollantir category.

See them here.

And yes, one of the polls has, after PJ, our dear Fran up as an option Sly I'm not sure which poll they'll use for the frontpage, but I kind of couldn't decide how to combine them into one poll. I was TORn Crazy

linkin-artelf
Lorien

Dec 26 2007, 5:55pm

Post #8 of 11 (709 views)
Shortcut
I vote for Michel Grondy [In reply to] Can't Post

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"I walk along the shore and I gaze
At the light that radiates down
Will it travel forth to you
Far across this shimmering sea?"
formerly linkinparkelf

silneldor
Half-elven

Dec 27 2007, 1:42am

Post #9 of 11 (671 views)
Shortcut
I believe you have a good thought. [In reply to] Can't Post

A passion and/or understanding of Tolkien is a vital prerequisite for a director. If there is not i fear the movie would take strange directions

"Tolkien, like Lewis, believed that, through story, the real world would become a more magical place, full of meaning. We see its patterns and colors in a fresh way. The recovery of a true view of the world applies both to individual things, like hills and stones, and to the cosmic - the depths of space and time itself. For in sub-creation, in Tolkien's view, there is a "survey" of space and time. Reality is captured on a miniature scale. Through stories like The Lord of the Rings, a renewed view of things is given, illuminating the homely, the spiritial, the physical, and the moral dimensions of the world."

Tolkien and C.S. Lewis- The Gift of Friendship -Duriez

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo
By El~Cugu

From the website: 'The Realm of Manwe'

Well! What do you know, it snowed.
Season's greetings with thoughts of Rivendell

Bestica
Bree

Dec 27 2007, 8:24pm

Post #10 of 11 (642 views)
Shortcut
That would be brilliant... [In reply to] Can't Post

It might end up a little abstract though.

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep"

Robert Frost

Ugly Troll
Rivendell

Dec 29 2007, 2:23am

Post #11 of 11 (682 views)
Shortcut
a needle pulling thread [In reply to] Can't Post

Ouch, I've been dated

I would love a Hanna/Barbera production

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.