Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Kanye and Kim's baby is named... (Related to The Hobbit remarkably)
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Starling
Half-elven

Jun 22 2013, 1:53am

Post #26 of 40 (174 views)
Shortcut
Aren't they the ones [In reply to] Can't Post

who all ended up in court? I think I cut the clipping out of the paper for my friends who are Ford fans. Laugh
I could really go to town here with a list of eye-popping 'kreativ' names from my school. Crazy

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jun 22 2013, 2:30am

Post #27 of 40 (168 views)
Shortcut
And in further news [In reply to] Can't Post

Is she grows up to be a movie Director and remakes the Hitchcock film it will be "North by Northwest by North West". LOL.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Aragorn's Sexy Scar
Bree

Jun 22 2013, 8:16am

Post #28 of 40 (153 views)
Shortcut
Reminded me of a book I have [In reply to] Can't Post

It's called 'Potty, Fartwell & Knob:Extraordinary BUT TRUE NAMES of British People' by Russell Ash.It's absolutely hysterical and I've given copies to family & friends.My sister and I were literally crying when we first picked up the book in our local bookshop.

The names are taken from real birth & death records in the UK and most of the names are from the late 1800's and beyond.Some of the names are quite rude, names that would never be given today, but most are just silly, like

Page Turner
Apostle Poop
Sarah Sick
Rice Spew
Fanny Pudding
Gladys Friday
Pearly Gates
Dan Ger
Dick Tator
Science Tootle
Thomas Tweet (1852)
Andy Tover
C. Senor
I.Sickle
F.Off (1875)

I could print more but I'd be here all day Sly

Starling
Half-elven

Jun 22 2013, 8:28am

Post #29 of 40 (146 views)
Shortcut
Science Tootle? [In reply to] Can't Post

What an excellent name.
My friend had an Auntie called Fanny Cocks.

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Jun 22 2013, 8:36am

Post #30 of 40 (153 views)
Shortcut
One of my brothers was in Mensa [In reply to] Can't Post

and used to get their newsletter all the time. Every so often they'd print a list of real peoples names and their professions.

My favourite was always I. Feelum - Gynecologist Laugh

Bag ENZ Home of the Hobbit *with thanks to cameragod ;D*

One by one they faded, and fell into shadow...

One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

elaen32
Gondor

Jun 22 2013, 9:16am

Post #31 of 40 (156 views)
Shortcut
Ha ha! [In reply to] Can't Post

There are quite a few dodgy doctor names I have come across- a few being- Dr Nurse, Dr Patient, Dr Piles, Dr De'Ath (wouldn't you just change your name or profession?Crazy), that's not including some very rude, but real ones, which I cannot repeat on TORn!

"Beneath the roof of sleeping leaves the dreams of trees unfold"

glor
Rohan

Jun 22 2013, 1:24pm

Post #32 of 40 (150 views)
Shortcut
Mrs Cramp [In reply to] Can't Post

was my Physical education teacher at school...(yes really!)

Oh and I once worked with a recent school leaver called Anne Buss, (pronounced Bus), she opned a bank account and her cheque book arrived with her name emblazened on it.... Miss A. Buss.. LaughLaughLaugh

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 22 2013, 2:06pm

Post #33 of 40 (138 views)
Shortcut
Oh I didn't know that... my parents wouldn't be happy if I were born there :D [In reply to] Can't Post

But I guess they would've settled on what I'm told was their #2 option - Errol.

(This post was edited by Earl on Jun 22 2013, 2:07pm)

Magpie
Immortal

Jun 22 2013, 4:20pm

Post #34 of 40 (118 views)
Shortcut
there's been some amusing fun with this name on Twitter [In reply to] Can't Post

although, it feels a little wrong to have fun at the expense of a baby. (first pics of the baby, for example)

But I'm betting this isn't the baby's name. Either the parents are having fun with us until they decide to announce the real name, or someone else is having fun and the parents aren't correcting them.

Because... this baby is a money maker. They will be making a deal to sell first pictures of the baby and I would bet the rights to reveal the *real* name of the baby would be worth something, too.

Being from Minnesota, the whole Kardashian wedding for money was big news here. (Kris Humphries parents live here... in a wealthy suburb dubbed the boondocks by KK).

And Jessica Simpson wanted to sell the rights for first pics of one of her babies to someone so she arranged to have another baby handed to her so a photo could be shot of her and *a baby* for use on another magazine. The parents of the 'other baby' weren't amused.

Hey... people got to make money somehow. Some of us are authors. Some are teachers. Some are social workers. Some are software coders. Some are engineers. Some sell their life.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Magpie
Immortal

Jun 22 2013, 4:21pm

Post #35 of 40 (118 views)
Shortcut
Earl... [In reply to] Can't Post

you know you're still sporting the Jiminy Cricket look.... right? :-)

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jun 22 2013, 4:23pm

Post #36 of 40 (107 views)
Shortcut
Actually.. [In reply to] Can't Post

You may be right about that.

As to the name, who knows. I think a variation of Key West would have worked though. Keye West, Key West, Kaye West, Keigh West....;)

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 22 2013, 5:38pm

Post #37 of 40 (107 views)
Shortcut
Isn't he cute? [In reply to] Can't Post

And I'm glad his parents decided on "Earl" instead of "Errol"! Crazy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Jun 22 2013, 10:16pm

Post #38 of 40 (102 views)
Shortcut
A local plumber had the surname Pipe, and when he had his son [In reply to] Can't Post

he named him Dwayne. That's just cruel.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Starling
Half-elven

Jun 22 2013, 10:33pm

Post #39 of 40 (100 views)
Shortcut
*Spits coffee* [In reply to] Can't Post

Dwain Pipe??? Weally?

PreRaphaeliteHobbit

Jun 23 2013, 11:49pm

Post #40 of 40 (62 views)
Shortcut
died laughing [In reply to] Can't Post

My god, when I found out Kim Kardashian nicknamed her child Nori I started laughing so hard my mother actually asked if something was wrong with me. I hope this baby debuts in the media with starfish shaped hair.

Also, I don't think there is any relation to The Hobbit. Come on. It's Kim Kardashian.

History has remembered the kings and warriors, because they destroyed; art has remembered the people, because they created.
- William Morris

In case you're wondering, my avatar is a detail from 'Miranda- The Tempest', by John William Waterhouse (1916).

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.