Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
---> Thread locked due to personal insults and comments

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Jun 17 2013, 8:25pm

Views: 180
Shortcut
     ---> Thread locked due to personal insults and comments [In reply to]  

What should have been a civil, if maybe somewhat controversial, discussion of Howard Shore has turned into a case of several misinterpretations of people's comments with no attempt to give that person a benefit of a doubt. May I repeat that the Admins should be consulted if you think you, or anyone else, has been insulted. The proper recourse is NOT to keep rehashing it in public (you attacked me; no YOU attacked me), or butt in and attack the side you *think* is right before the people involved have a chance to work it out.

Everyone PLEASE take a deep breath and give other people here the benefit of a doubt!!!

Thanks

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

(This post was edited by Altaira on Jun 17 2013, 8:27pm)

Subject User Time
Howard Shore hires external orchestrators for DOS instead of doing it himself TheHutt Send a private message to TheHutt Jun 17 2013, 12:36pm
    just fyi: Doug Adams address this recently Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jun 17 2013, 12:49pm
        Jumping to the worst-case motivation.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jun 17 2013, 12:58pm
            I know, right? The Grey Elf Send a private message to The Grey Elf Jun 17 2013, 1:08pm
            Occasionally.. Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jun 17 2013, 2:28pm
        Well, he did set these standards with LOTR. TheHutt Send a private message to TheHutt Jun 17 2013, 1:07pm
            okay... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jun 17 2013, 2:33pm
                Why worry? Shagrat Send a private message to Shagrat Jun 17 2013, 2:39pm
                    "meticulousness of Shore's notes" Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jun 17 2013, 2:50pm
                        I don't think sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Jun 17 2013, 3:05pm
                            I will stand by what I said Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jun 17 2013, 3:27pm
                                All i was saying is that sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Jun 17 2013, 4:08pm
                        Yes Magpie Shagrat Send a private message to Shagrat Jun 17 2013, 4:32pm
            I personally think you have every right Elenorflower Send a private message to Elenorflower Jun 17 2013, 3:53pm
                Inflammatory? No. Accusative? Yes, rather. The Grey Elf Send a private message to The Grey Elf Jun 17 2013, 4:44pm
            Personal comments edited out of this sub-thread Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Jun 17 2013, 4:59pm
    It seems like there have been questions about the music for a long time now. Escapist Send a private message to Escapist Jun 17 2013, 12:50pm
        Again... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jun 17 2013, 2:26pm
            *mods up* Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn Jun 17 2013, 3:57pm
                Actually, Escapist Send a private message to Escapist Jun 17 2013, 6:35pm
                    Actually, entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Jun 17 2013, 7:00pm
                        Intent JWPlatt Jun 17 2013, 7:13pm
                            Either/or entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Jun 17 2013, 7:15pm
                            Casting intent vs. clarifying intent Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Jun 17 2013, 7:54pm
                        Hurtful JWPlatt Jun 17 2013, 7:58pm
            Actually, Plan 9 wrote the 'Misty Mountains' tune... Aragorn the Elfstone Send a private message to Aragorn the Elfstone Jun 17 2013, 4:44pm
            I'm sorry that I bugged you so much! Escapist Send a private message to Escapist Jun 17 2013, 6:30pm
    I think people are jumping to conclusions... bborchar Send a private message to bborchar Jun 17 2013, 1:34pm
        this is one of the big problems I have with conversations tilted in the direction this one started on Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jun 17 2013, 2:43pm
            Agreed, Magpie... Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Jun 17 2013, 3:15pm
                Great point, Bombadil entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Jun 17 2013, 3:55pm
            I agree about not judging others without full understanding. Escapist Send a private message to Escapist Jun 17 2013, 6:46pm
    we wont know deskp Send a private message to deskp Jun 17 2013, 5:41pm
        Howard's Short Bio? Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Jun 17 2013, 8:01pm
    No big deal Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Jun 17 2013, 8:12pm
    ---> Thread locked due to personal insults and comments Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Jun 17 2013, 8:25pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.