Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
3D

Ham_Sammy
Grey Havens

Jun 19 2013, 2:22am

Views: 68
Shortcut
3D [In reply to] Can't Post

Black is extremely hard to render in 3D. This is one of the reasons for the change i'm sure. You just can't render a black object like that in 3D easily and have it look right.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Subject User Time
Iridescent Blue Butterflies DwellerInDale Send a private message to DwellerInDale Jun 17 2013, 4:04am
    Doen't bother me. I am more interested in them needing to make the Blue of Gandalf's hat a touch more consistantly obvious. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jun 17 2013, 5:16am
    I love the iridescent blue butterflies! Old Toby Send a private message to Old Toby Jun 17 2013, 5:21am
        Me too. Thoromir Send a private message to Thoromir Jun 17 2013, 5:25am
            I can't seem to edit my previous post.. Thoromir Send a private message to Thoromir Jun 17 2013, 7:27am
                In the book Yngwulff Send a private message to Yngwulff Jun 17 2013, 7:53am
                    Yes he did Thoromir Send a private message to Thoromir Jun 17 2013, 9:23am
                        Well, if they are a variant form of Purple Emperor Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Jun 17 2013, 10:36am
                Just FYI entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Jun 17 2013, 5:30pm
                    Ok, thanks entmaiden ;) // Thoromir Send a private message to Thoromir Jun 17 2013, 5:35pm
    I like the butterflies Súlimë Send a private message to Súlimë Jun 17 2013, 7:18am
    I love the blue butterflies namarie Send a private message to namarie Jun 17 2013, 11:01am
    Bending light waves to make blue The Grey Elf Send a private message to The Grey Elf Jun 17 2013, 3:13pm
    So much of everything has been changed in the movies to the book... SkaldOfTheNorse Send a private message to SkaldOfTheNorse Jun 17 2013, 4:08pm
    They have some of those at the conservatory here... bborchar Send a private message to bborchar Jun 17 2013, 6:43pm
    Potential Gandy Send a private message to Gandy Jun 17 2013, 7:03pm
    Video Na Vedui Send a private message to Na Vedui Jun 17 2013, 7:15pm
    Very glad they kept the scene in, but the change in colour seems like such a small pointless thing to change malickfan Send a private message to malickfan Jun 17 2013, 7:21pm
        Because... bborchar Send a private message to bborchar Jun 17 2013, 7:35pm
        So even if the technical difficulties can't be resolved, entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Jun 17 2013, 7:36pm
            Well yeah I'd prefer...I just liked in The book how dark and mysterious everything seemed in Mirkwood malickfan Send a private message to malickfan Jun 17 2013, 7:55pm
        3D Ham_Sammy Send a private message to Ham_Sammy Jun 19 2013, 2:22am
    Changing the color doesn't bother me Sinister71 Send a private message to Sinister71 Jun 18 2013, 2:11am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.