Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The White Council and Dol Guldor

The Shire

Jun 16 2013, 2:33am

Post #1 of 7 (513 views)
The White Council and Dol Guldor Can't Post

One of the things i am anxious to see is how PJ handles the White Councils dealings with Sauron at Dol Guldor. Will he deal with it on an epic basis or give it a relatively mild treatment. It seems with two films yet to go he would lean to the epic side. How will they deal with him? A large army of their making or fantastic spells delivered from a great distance away ( Saruman bringing the mountain down on the fellowship comes to mine ) or will they be there at Dol Guldor in person to take Sauron on. Any thoughts as all that i have is pure speculation on my part.

The Mitch King

Jun 16 2013, 4:51am

Post #2 of 7 (286 views)
Speculation [In reply to] Can't Post

I thinks thats all anyone really has Laugh I am expecting epicness but with a very subtle buildup. It will be very much like a mystery or some genre like that until everything finally explodes! I'm curious as to how they will find out the Necromancer is Sauron. THAT will be a cool scene.

I do remember Boyens or PJ saying something about the characters "kicking @$$"

The Shire

Jun 16 2013, 2:38pm

Post #3 of 7 (159 views)
Speculation continued... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm also intrigued as to see how they will do this. I don't doubt it will be epic! DoS is going to be packed with action - Mirkwood, Beorn, Laketown, Smaug and the white Council at Dol Guldur!

Can't wait for Benedict Cumberbatch! One question for you... Which character are you most looking forward to, Smaug or the Neromancer?

Such is the nature of evil, in time, all foul things come forth.

Jun 16 2013, 3:28pm

Post #4 of 7 (151 views)
Cyberpunk Sauron? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Can't wait for Benedict Cumberbatch! One question for you... Which character are you most looking forward to, Smaug or the Neromancer?

Necromancer, you mean. However, I'm more looking forward to Smaug's final appearance.

I think that where in the films the attack on Dol Guldur appears is going to depend on where we leave off with the main story. If we get all the way through Smaug's attack on Lake-town then I believe that teh White Council's assault won't be shown until There and Back Again.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

The Mitch King

Jun 16 2013, 6:41pm

Post #5 of 7 (106 views)
I would like to see it in DoS [In reply to] Can't Post

I am really excited for Dol Guldur but would prefer it to be wrapped up soon. They look to be really amping up the orc/elves/Mirkwood stuff in DoS so I expect it to be in this film

The Shire

Jun 16 2013, 9:01pm

Post #6 of 7 (88 views)
In reply [In reply to] Can't Post

The Necromancer, unless they decide to present him as some silent, disembodied, apparition without any lines or action on his part.Plase Sir Peter i'm begging you not to present the good ole necromancer in such a way and please show his transference into a giant eyeball, now that would be cool.

(This post was edited by billzy2 on Jun 16 2013, 9:11pm)

Tol Eressea

Jun 17 2013, 9:39pm

Post #7 of 7 (50 views)
Personally, and I know I'm in the minority here I would love to see [In reply to] Can't Post

them under play the Sauron connection. We all know who the necromancer really is (at least fans of the books do) but I feel they should not really use the name Sauron and should either refer to him as the Necromancer or use vague terms for him. IMO it would be poor story telling to keep pushing the name Sauron at a character associated with a giant flaming eyeball ( I know some people feel cheated by not getting a proper Sauron in the LOTR trilogy but everyone should get over it IMO Tongue) Instead everything should be vague and mysterious about the character. I for one don't need someone to hold my hand and tell me everything. And IMO a good story teller would give enough hints without giving away too much of who and what is in the rest of the story for any reasonably intelligent viewer to figure out on their own. Wink

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.