The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
Queen City Conquest 2013 - Aug. 30 to Sept. 1

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 13 2013, 1:18am

Post #1 of 5 (1311 views)
Shortcut
Queen City Conquest 2013 - Aug. 30 to Sept. 1 Can't Post

I signed up today to gamemaster (GM) a session of The One Ring - Adventures over the Edge of the WIld (TOR), the Middle-earth role-playing game published by Cubicle 7. The game will be part of the programming at Queen CIty Conquest, a gaming convention taking place August 30 - September 1, 2013 at the Buffalo Niagara Convention Center; Convention Center Plaza; Buffalo, NY 14202. At this time I am still waiting for confirmation for the day and time of my session (I've asked for Saturday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.). August 31 is also my birthday. I will update when I have more concrete information.

Queen City Conquest is an annual convention in its second year. The con hosts all types of gaming, including role-playing games, war games, board games, collectible card games, and more. This will be the first year that I attend.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Jun 13 2013, 1:19am)

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Jun 19 2013, 12:19pm

Post #2 of 5 (1085 views)
Shortcut
Sunday, Sept. 1, 1:00 PM [In reply to] Can't Post

My event has been approved and added to the Event List. Saturday afternoon already had a ton of events scheduled, so I changed the day of my game to Sunday, September 1. I plan on using the TOR adventure "Words of the Wise" that first appeared at GenCon 2011.

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Jun 19 2013, 12:25pm)

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 19 2013, 1:02pm

Post #3 of 5 (1580 views)
Shortcut
That's excellent! [In reply to] Can't Post

Good luck with your event.Smile

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Aug 30 2013, 8:23am

Post #4 of 5 (1027 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry for the late reply. The con starts tomorrow, so my posting over the weekend will be extremely limited (if any). I am very glad at this point that the game mechanics for TOR are fairly simple.

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

Sep 2 2013, 3:57am

Post #5 of 5 (1030 views)
Shortcut
Thanks to the Players! [In reply to] Can't Post

My session took place this afternoon from 1 to 5 p.m.; I know the game could have gone smoother as I have little experience as a GM/Loremaster. A heartfelt shoutout goes to barefoottourguide from the Cubicle 7 message boards, who was one of my players. His input was invaluable and helped make my game a memorable experience (thanks, Garrett!). He also posted that my wife's portrayal of Tauriel as an Adventurer is the benchmark by which he will judge Evangeline Lilly's performance! I take that as high praise.

I also have to beam thanks to Dominic McDowall-Thomas and Francesco Nepitello for having created such a great introductory adventure in "Words of the Wise" which was originally run at GenCon 2011. We all had a blast! The other players were great as well and really got into the spirit of things.

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on Sep 2 2013, 4:00am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.