Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
Necromancer

Dirhaval
The Shire

Jun 23 2013, 10:21pm

Views: 38
Shortcut
Necromancer [In reply to] Can't Post

Good. I like putting something out there and realizing I may go a bit astray.
All that was written that can be found in Tolkien's writings I already now.
I did extend too far in saying "necromancy" refers to spirit-control.
Minas Morgul is the Tower of Sorcery, which was taken by Sauron 61 years
before Gandalf's first visit to Dol Guldur.

It could be that the West gave the name of "Necromancer", just like
the dwarves gave the name" Smaug" which if I recall correctly, means "small hole."
That is a sorry creature that sneaks in small holes. I wonder if the dragon will
call himself that in the movie or take great anger if Bilbo mentions that name.

Elrond's people knew that a Ringwraith survived the Second Age with Glorifindel
mentioned that prophecy or did the elf just think it was a witch, then later the West
learned that it was the First of the Nine, but the prophecy stuck none-the-less.
The White Council may have believed a Ringwraith was at Dol Guldur.
The North Kingdom fell in TA 1975 and 27 years later Minas Ithil fell. Then
King Earnur died in combat.

It seems more enjoyable to me to believe Sauron took ownership of another's identity.

They say the best place to hide something is in the open.

Subject User Time
Necromancer's Origins Dirhaval Send a private message to Dirhaval Jun 9 2013, 9:26pm
    A few possible reasons aruman Send a private message to aruman Jun 9 2013, 10:01pm
    I don't follow your reasoning... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jun 10 2013, 6:23am
        nygromansye Yngwulff Send a private message to Yngwulff Jun 10 2013, 6:55am
            Witch-King as Wight master CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 10 2013, 3:27pm
    There was no Necromancer before Sauron wildespace Send a private message to wildespace Jun 10 2013, 8:13am
        i am not debating whether or not he is the necromancer Yngwulff Send a private message to Yngwulff Jun 10 2013, 8:24am
            Did Sauron really command spirits or bodies of dead men? wildespace Send a private message to wildespace Jun 10 2013, 9:13am
                Thats my point exactly Yngwulff Send a private message to Yngwulff Jun 10 2013, 9:37am
                    "I raise dead people.... "Sixth Sense 2 PhantomS Send a private message to PhantomS Jun 10 2013, 2:35pm
    Men and Elves Fredeghar Wayfarer Send a private message to Fredeghar Wayfarer Jun 10 2013, 8:32am
    As far as I am aware... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Jun 10 2013, 9:40pm
        Quite right Salmacis Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 10 2013, 10:07pm
        Letter 163 (1955) wildespace Send a private message to wildespace Jun 12 2013, 3:34pm
            Letter 257 (1964) wildespace Send a private message to wildespace Jun 12 2013, 3:49pm
                The Necromancer #argonath Send a private message to #argonath Jun 13 2013, 12:45am
    Necromancer Dirhaval Send a private message to Dirhaval Jun 23 2013, 10:21pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.