Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Rogash does have some legitimate concerns though....

Sunflower
Valinor

Dec 23 2007, 3:39am

Views: 136
Shortcut
Rogash does have some legitimate concerns though.... [In reply to] Can't Post

.....I looked up the Annoucement thread yesterday and early on in it, someone related that they spoke with a contact who was "in the upper ranks" of NL suits, who said that NL was hiring and overseeing the producers for the film, and any creative decisions Peter made would be "concurrent" with New Line. Then Thursday we we had the Conde Nast article, which stated that PJ's role was to be the "spirit guide" who "kept the flame going." Like the Broccoli role for James Bond. That doesn't sound like "complete creative control" to me. It's suspiciously ambiguous.
Even those of us who might be open to settling for a director like Del Toro, still wonder if any of this would be good if Peter does not have personal oversight and contributive power for the script. That I think is what REALLY counts. I fear that his political power may well be whittled slowly away now that he is safely " behind the scenes." After the way Bob Shaye handled TGC director Chris Weir this year, it's possible. if Shaye has not had a change of hear after the film's flop.

Petetions may not work, but masses of letters might. I think Rogash's concern is that the suits at NL and MGM have to be made aware that the fans are still following this very closely and just b/c there has not been a massive outcry like a year ago, they might think that we are giving them approval. Communication in the Elder Days of TORN was a 2-way street, That is what made TORN so great--as Entertainment Weekly noted. I fear this might be cut off. Again, as long as we don't know what happened, anything is possible.

In the meantime, I too agree that now isn't the time for such things.

Tis the season to be jolly and boy have we gotten a Christmas present! I am cautious, but rejoicing too!! Have a wonderful Happy Holidays everyone! And I for one will pray that, like the Grinch, Bob Shaye gets a new Heart for Christmas!

(This post was edited by Sunflower on Dec 23 2007, 3:43am)

Subject User Time
We must make a petition !!! Rogash Send a private message to Rogash Dec 22 2007, 4:47pm
    I don't agree entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Dec 22 2007, 5:36pm
        I agree. And also... Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Dec 22 2007, 8:31pm
            Rogash does have some legitimate concerns though.... Sunflower Send a private message to Sunflower Dec 23 2007, 3:39am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.