Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
"Samus Gamgee"

noWizardme
Tol Eressea

Jun 6 2013, 3:24pm

Post #1 of 16 (442 views)
Shortcut
"Samus Gamgee" Can't Post

"Samus Gamgee" was what I woke up thinking this morning.

Presumably I dream about hobbits in power armour.

Weird.

Disclaimers: The words of noWizardme may stand on their heads! I'm often wrong about things, and its fun to be taught more....

"nowimė I am in the West, Furincurunir to the Dwarves (or at least, to their best friend) and by other names in other lands. Mostly they just say 'Oh no it's him - look busy!' "
Or "Hold off! unhand me, grey-beard loon!"

CuriousG
Valinor

Jun 6 2013, 6:07pm

Post #2 of 16 (233 views)
Shortcut
It would be more disturbing [In reply to] Can't Post

If you brushed aside your real family and went calling for Rosie, Elanor, and all those other Gamgee kids. Do reassure us that you didn't do that?

noWizardme
Tol Eressea

Jun 6 2013, 7:24pm

Post #3 of 16 (205 views)
Shortcut
Don't worry, family life tends to impose itself VERY quickly on my mornings! :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Disclaimers: The words of noWizardme may stand on their heads! I'm often wrong about things, and its fun to be taught more....

"nowimė I am in the West, Furincurunir to the Dwarves (or at least, to their best friend) and by other names in other lands. Mostly they just say 'Oh no it's him - look busy!' "

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 6 2013, 7:54pm

Post #4 of 16 (221 views)
Shortcut
*snicker* [In reply to] Can't Post

Did your dream include the secret ending with the big reveal? Laugh

Of course, I really shouldn't laugh. The other night I dreamed I was in a jeep with PJ, Elijah and grammaboodawg, and we were...I can't remember what we were doing now, it faded so quickly when I woke up. Searching for something, I think. House hunting? Treasure hunting? It was a very unlikely scenario, whatever it was. Of course, by dream logic, it all made perfect sense at the time! Crazy

Silverlode

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zāram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nāla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dūm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

elaen32
Gondor

Jun 6 2013, 8:55pm

Post #5 of 16 (208 views)
Shortcut
I'm glad it's not just me who has these bizarre dreams! [In reply to] Can't Post

I had one at the weekend with PJ, Brethil, Daniel and my parents in it! I've not related this one to Brethil or Daniel yet, so they may be a bit surprised to read about this Blush Anyway, we were in this large hall, which I think was supposed to be some kind of convention. Brethil, Daniel (I've not met either of them in the flesh, so this was very strange) and I were trying to recruit people to write submissions for the TORn Symposium. Brethil was recording everything on an iPad, which she wouldn't let me look at (meanie!Mad). Just then, PJ walked in, looking for Richard Armitage??!!, but couldn't find him. Then suddenly, I was introducing PJ to everybody, including my parents who had mysteriously appeared in the room, but PJ was being really rude and obnoxious and kept telling us all to get off his case because he was looking for RA (aren't we all?) Unfortunately, none of us ever did find him!!Unsure There was a sort of logic in all of this and I can see how all of this comes from things I had been doing that day- it was quite vivid though. I love the way that in dreams, all sorts of people are in the same place together, who would never normally meet in real life- often from different times in one's life.

"Beneath the roof of sleeping leaves the dreams of trees unfold"

Brethil
Half-elven

Jun 6 2013, 10:09pm

Post #6 of 16 (196 views)
Shortcut
Well Elaen...! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry I was mean about the Ipad...and if I dream of finding RA in a broom closet tonight its CLEARLY your doing. Cool Wink I completely abdicate moral responsibility.

Though I highly commend your subconscious devotion to the TAS!!! (**applause**) AngelicAngelicAngelic

Manwe, when asked a simple "Yes" or "No" question, contemplated, and responded "the middle one."

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Jun 7 2013, 1:11am

Post #7 of 16 (183 views)
Shortcut
At least it was a good dream. [In reply to] Can't Post

The other night, I had a spooky dream where Frodo went all evil, grabbed Sam's wrist and told him he dared him to touch the Ring. Unimpressed And then Jack Frost froze some teenage boys because they destroyed the woods he liked to play in. Crazy

CuriousG
Valinor

Jun 7 2013, 1:22pm

Post #8 of 16 (167 views)
Shortcut
Oh, that is so Brethil [In reply to] Can't Post

Just about every post from her is:

"The definitive Tolkien answer to whether balrogs have wings or not [is on my iPad]" or "I have a nice picture of Richard Armitage on the beach [on my iPad]." Honestly, if TORNies could get a hold of that iPad, we'd find a wealth of information that she really ought to be sharing.Mad

elaen32
Gondor

Jun 7 2013, 1:39pm

Post #9 of 16 (170 views)
Shortcut
Oh, youve heard about that iPad too? [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink Yes, who knows the secrets it holds. Perhaps RA was IN the iPad and that's why she was so possessive!!

Brethil
Half-elven

Jun 7 2013, 2:47pm

Post #10 of 16 (161 views)
Shortcut
You see much Elaen and CG... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
WinkYes, who knows the secrets it holds. Perhaps RA was IN the iPad and that's why she was so possessive!!

..too much....!!!!

Well if my Ipad WERE to contain a magically digitalized RA, or if it merely held a GPS device linked to a tracking chip...it's not its business, so all of you sneaking Hobbitses must keep your handses off! WinkEvil (See, your dream was a real premonition Elaen...!)

Manwe, when asked a simple "Yes" or "No" question, contemplated, and responded "the middle one."

noWizardme
Tol Eressea

Jun 7 2013, 4:49pm

Post #11 of 16 (143 views)
Shortcut
Is this the iPad which... [In reply to] Can't Post

Is this the iPad which Feanor wrought in the depths of time and which was stolen from him?

Just don't swear any oaths about it.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 7 2013, 4:51pm

Post #12 of 16 (141 views)
Shortcut
I've only just seen this! [In reply to] Can't Post

How funny! Laugh I take it we failed in getting people to write some submissions? We obviously weren't forceful enough.

Wink

As for where RA was - I probably had him in a cupboard somewhere, to stop you all from getting hysterical. Laugh

Brethil
Half-elven

Jun 7 2013, 5:55pm

Post #13 of 16 (135 views)
Shortcut
(sshhhh!) Not sure but... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Is this the iPad which Feanor wrought in the depths of time and which was stolen from him?
Just don't swear any oaths about it.

It does have an awful lot of SUBCREATE.exe files on it...

Brethil
Half-elven

Jun 7 2013, 6:00pm

Post #14 of 16 (148 views)
Shortcut
That Balrog interview was strictly off-record... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Just about every post from her is:
"The definitive Tolkien answer to whether balrogs have wings or not [is on my iPad]" or "I have a nice picture of Richard Armitage on the beach [on my iPad]." Honestly, if TORNies could get a hold of that iPad, we'd find a wealth of information that she really ought to be sharing.Mad
....though the one that lives in my front garden, you will note, *clearly* has wings. As for those beach pictures, get your own.Tongue

(This post was edited by Brethil on Jun 7 2013, 6:01pm)

elaen32
Gondor

Jun 7 2013, 9:37pm

Post #15 of 16 (119 views)
Shortcut
Do you think the eyes of my red brick tower are blind? [In reply to] Can't Post

I have seen more than thou knowest! I have the gift of foresight- and a rather handy mirror and a glass ball. The foolish Men thought them a relic of a 1970's disco, but I knew better! With my disco ball, I see everything that moves.... etc

Kirly
Lorien

Jun 21 2013, 1:01am

Post #16 of 16 (102 views)
Shortcut
If grammaboodawg was there.... [In reply to] Can't Post

then surely you were searching for more geeky observations in the movies! Wink

My avatar photo is Lake Tekapo in New Zealand's South Island. Taken by me in 2004 on a Red Carpet Tours LOTR Movie Location Tour. 'Twas the Vacation of a Lifetime!

pictures taken while on the tour are here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/Kirly7/LOTRNewZealandTour#

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.