Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Túrin and the curse

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jun 9 2013, 3:50am

Views: 140
Shortcut
Túrin and the curse [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know that I can agree. There may be a few instances (such as the incest, Finduilas's death, and Beleg's death) that are a result of the curse, but a lot of it I can't just attribute to the curse. He's a jerk a lot of the time, and haughty and proud most of the rest. Of course, you could say those characteristics are a result of the curse, but I don't think I'd buy it. For one thing, his mother is the exact same way, even before the curse (well, she's at least haughty and proud if somewhat less jerkish).

I think his story is tragic, but its all the more tragic because he brought much of it upon himself.

Either way you slice it, though, it's one of my favorite books.

"...not till now have I understood the tale of your people and their fall.
As wicked fools I scorned them, but I pity them at last.
For if this is indeed, as the Eldar say, the gift of the One to Men,
it is bitter to receive." -Arwen Undómiel

Subject User Time
Movie of the Simirillian? Jay236 Send a private message to Jay236 Jun 5 2013, 3:26pm
    'Yes' twice. :] dik-dik Send a private message to dik-dik Jun 5 2013, 3:47pm
    No... FrogmortonJustice65 Send a private message to FrogmortonJustice65 Jun 5 2013, 5:02pm
        Maybe... Angharad73 Send a private message to Angharad73 Jun 5 2013, 5:39pm
    It's often been discussed here. Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Jun 5 2013, 6:19pm
    A tv series like GoT might work. But keep PJ away from it. Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 5 2013, 6:19pm
        Pretty much exactly this. // imin Send a private message to imin Jun 5 2013, 6:29pm
        Yes, I think the rise of high-production-value TV such as Game of Thrones, makes a lot of complex fiction filmable,// noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 6 2013, 11:43am
            I second GoT format Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Jun 6 2013, 1:05pm
                Handling time CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 6 2013, 2:17pm
                    possible directors Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 6 2013, 3:07pm
                    But Sil also has immortal characters who witness almost all events Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Jun 6 2013, 10:41pm
                        Sauron in sexy human form? BoromirOfWinterfell Send a private message to BoromirOfWinterfell Jun 7 2013, 12:02pm
                            Embarrassing confession Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Jun 7 2013, 4:25pm
                                Sauron x Thuringwethil = otp otp otp! // Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 7 2013, 7:41pm
                                    YES! <3 Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Jun 7 2013, 8:35pm
                                I love shipping because secretly, making purists angry is fun... BoromirOfWinterfell Send a private message to BoromirOfWinterfell Jun 7 2013, 9:10pm
                                    Ha,ha, awesome! Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Jun 7 2013, 10:59pm
                                        But Turin imin Send a private message to imin Jun 7 2013, 11:03pm
                                            Even worse that he fell under influence Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Jun 7 2013, 11:17pm
                                                I like Feanor to :) imin Send a private message to imin Jun 7 2013, 11:44pm
                                                    He`s my fave Elf I think Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Jun 8 2013, 12:16am
                                                well... Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jun 8 2013, 1:14am
                                                    I love that Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Jun 8 2013, 1:27am
                                            Túrin and the curse Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 9 2013, 3:50am
                        Century hopping Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 7 2013, 3:44pm
    An excellent series of movie but please.... Elwen Send a private message to Elwen Jun 5 2013, 7:41pm
    Not by PJ and probably No in general malickfan Send a private message to malickfan Jun 5 2013, 10:38pm
        Ramblings like this are good to read! Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 6 2013, 2:25am
    I've often said this Hamfast Gamgee Send a private message to Hamfast Gamgee Jun 5 2013, 10:51pm
        And music could express what words cannot... Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 6 2013, 2:27am
    I think I agree mostly with everyone else. BoromirOfWinterfell Send a private message to BoromirOfWinterfell Jun 7 2013, 12:00pm
        The Children of Húrin <3 <3 <3 Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 7 2013, 3:45pm
            Definitely Lay of Luthien Semper Fi Send a private message to Semper Fi Jun 7 2013, 4:27pm
                What's poor Beleg done wrong? :P // imin Send a private message to imin Jun 7 2013, 4:36pm
                Think of Túrin what you will, Beleg and Nellas deserve to be filmed. // Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 7 2013, 7:43pm
    One advantage to a TV series (or a dozen movies) CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 7 2013, 4:21pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.