Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Movie of the Simirillian?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Jun 7 2013, 7:41pm

Post #26 of 37 (208 views)
Shortcut
Sauron x Thuringwethil = otp otp otp! // [In reply to] Can't Post

But every word you say today
Gets twisted 'round some other way
And they'll hurt you if they think you've lied

Off to an adventure in Republika e Shqipërisë. Will be back 16.6.

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Jun 7 2013, 7:43pm

Post #27 of 37 (212 views)
Shortcut
Think of Túrin what you will, Beleg and Nellas deserve to be filmed. // [In reply to] Can't Post

But every word you say today
Gets twisted 'round some other way
And they'll hurt you if they think you've lied

Off to an adventure in Republika e Shqipërisë. Will be back 16.6.

Semper Fi
Rohan

Jun 7 2013, 8:35pm

Post #28 of 37 (197 views)
Shortcut
YES! <3 [In reply to] Can't Post

They are so YA - vampire and werewolf in Heart 4eva.

BoromirOfWinterfell
Rohan

Jun 7 2013, 9:10pm

Post #29 of 37 (203 views)
Shortcut
I love shipping because secretly, making purists angry is fun... [In reply to] Can't Post

And Annatar is one interesting character.
I always thought that Beleg and Nellas would work well together.

I love Beleg. He's my favourite elf.

*Watches how purists twitch*
Sorry...
Not that the whole "inadvertent incest" thing was very light-hearted.

"Eala Earendel engla beorhtast
ofer middangeard monnum sended."

"You think you world is safe? It is an illusion. A comforting lie told to protect you. Enjoy these final moments of peace, for I have returned to have my vengeance. So, shall we begin? " - John Harrison/Khan/Sherlock/Smaug (Star Trek: Into Darkness)

Semper Fi
Rohan

Jun 7 2013, 10:59pm

Post #30 of 37 (181 views)
Shortcut
Ha,ha, awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

I know what you mean especially since, in many cases, shipping gets it more right than the authors themsleves. I always take a great pleasure in annoying Potter purists with my Harry/Luna shipping. I hate Harry/Ginny pairing. Ugh.,

Beleg...Heart...one more reason to hate Emo Turin! Of all characters in Tolkienverse Turin is the least deserving of becoming a Vallar right hand after death or whatever. He and his useless sister! Ugh.

Annatar is super interesting. I`m now imaging him to be like Loki from Thor and The Avengers for some reason. Heart

imin
Valinor

Jun 7 2013, 11:03pm

Post #31 of 37 (191 views)
Shortcut
But Turin [In reply to] Can't Post

Fell under the curse from Morgoth so it's not like most of it was his fault - doomed to make bad choices etc. Plus he still did some pretty awesome stuff.

One of my favourite characters along with one of my favourite books - CoH. But each to their own :)

'What's the matter with you?' - J.R.R. Tolkien

Semper Fi
Rohan

Jun 7 2013, 11:17pm

Post #32 of 37 (181 views)
Shortcut
Even worse that he fell under influence [In reply to] Can't Post

I hate that device that excuses jerks for being jerks. I like Feanor because he`s a jerk without magical excuse.

imin
Valinor

Jun 7 2013, 11:44pm

Post #33 of 37 (178 views)
Shortcut
I like Feanor to :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Though i don't see Turin as a jerk. His life is a massive tragedy of what could have been. i do think Feanor was a jerk though but one i think is awesome!

'What's the matter with you?' - J.R.R. Tolkien

Semper Fi
Rohan

Jun 8 2013, 12:16am

Post #34 of 37 (175 views)
Shortcut
He`s my fave Elf I think [In reply to] Can't Post

Such a larger than life personality and un-PC to the bone (Kin Slaying, nuff said). I gravitate towards bad and badish guys from Tolkienverse.

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Jun 8 2013, 1:14am

Post #35 of 37 (172 views)
Shortcut
well... [In reply to] Can't Post

to be fair, feanor was kind of a jerk before his magical excuse. : )

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

Semper Fi
Rohan

Jun 8 2013, 1:27am

Post #36 of 37 (178 views)
Shortcut
I love that [In reply to] Can't Post

being a jerk before or without magical excuse is a good characterisation. I`m not fond of magical excuses and prophecies as plot devices because they work against free will and free will = character.

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jun 9 2013, 3:50am

Post #37 of 37 (226 views)
Shortcut
Túrin and the curse [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know that I can agree. There may be a few instances (such as the incest, Finduilas's death, and Beleg's death) that are a result of the curse, but a lot of it I can't just attribute to the curse. He's a jerk a lot of the time, and haughty and proud most of the rest. Of course, you could say those characteristics are a result of the curse, but I don't think I'd buy it. For one thing, his mother is the exact same way, even before the curse (well, she's at least haughty and proud if somewhat less jerkish).

I think his story is tragic, but its all the more tragic because he brought much of it upon himself.

Either way you slice it, though, it's one of my favorite books.

"...not till now have I understood the tale of your people and their fall.
As wicked fools I scorned them, but I pity them at last.
For if this is indeed, as the Eldar say, the gift of the One to Men,
it is bitter to receive." -Arwen Undómiel

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.