Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Saw this license plate and had to share.

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

May 31 2013, 2:37am

Post #1 of 11 (340 views)
Shortcut
Saw this license plate and had to share. Can't Post

I took it for the "Eru", of course, but noticed later that the numbers all appear in the Ring poem as well. I'm sure it's accidental, since three numbers followed by three letters is the standard Colorado license plate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

May 31 2013, 2:29pm

Post #2 of 11 (133 views)
Shortcut
Noticing something like that... [In reply to] Can't Post

...just goes to show what fans we are. I do the same thing: There's a home-renovation/construction company here called AngMar Construction. I keep thinking, Why would someone name their company after the Witch King? Wouldn't that put buyers off?

Maybe the owners' names are Angela and Mark, whatever, they're obviously not LotR fans!

noWizardme
Tol Eressea

May 31 2013, 2:52pm

Post #3 of 11 (109 views)
Shortcut
Ah, but what music was the car playing? // [In reply to] Can't Post

Disclaimers: The words of noWizardme may stand on their heads! I'm often wrong about things, and its fun to be taught more....

"nowimė I am in the West, Furincurunir to the Dwarves (or at least, to their best friend) and by other names in other lands. Mostly they just say 'Oh no it's him - look busy!' "
Or "Hold off! unhand me, grey-beard loon!"

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

May 31 2013, 6:14pm

Post #4 of 11 (99 views)
Shortcut
Ha! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."

CuriousG
Valinor

May 31 2013, 9:49pm

Post #5 of 11 (91 views)
Shortcut
If only they could customize the background to have Mt Doom in it. // [In reply to] Can't Post

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 4 2013, 4:52pm

Post #6 of 11 (57 views)
Shortcut
*geeky hand clapping* AWESOME!! :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

4th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - May 1, 2013

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Jun 4 2013, 10:02pm

Post #7 of 11 (62 views)
Shortcut
Even more geeky: [In reply to] Can't Post

I got an e-mail notification that one of our sibs comments about the Subaru logo and then deleted the post. They said the logo has seven stars, then they apparently realized that it doesn't, it only has six. HOWEVER, it's based on the constellation the Pleiades, which is also known as Seven Sisters. The seventh star is very faint, which is why it's not on the logo. But I still think that totally counts. So we get the seven Dwarf Lords in there too :-)

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jun 5 2013, 1:52am

Post #8 of 11 (37 views)
Shortcut
It counts, fersher! :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

4th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - May 1, 2013

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Jun 5 2013, 9:16pm

Post #9 of 11 (47 views)
Shortcut
Yes... [In reply to] Can't Post

I was aware of the Subaru/Pleiades connection but only after posting did I actually count the stars in the logo (hence the deletion).

This version of Aragorn's Banner only has six stars, though the Banner of the Kings of Gondor has 7. IIRC there were 7 stars on the banner Arwen made for Aragorn in The Lord of the Rings.

All things considered, the license plate is no accident. Even the White Mountains in the background are significant.

(This post was edited by SirDennisC on Jun 5 2013, 9:22pm)

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Jun 5 2013, 9:36pm

Post #10 of 11 (39 views)
Shortcut
Ha! I didn't pick up on the mountains :-D [In reply to] Can't Post

The basic Colorado license plate has always had mountains on it, so I never noticed. Another good catch! I love your take that it's no accident. My sister the dreamworker is a big believer in synchronicity. I'm not sure, but I love seeing coincidences anyway. Thanks for your great observations!

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 6 2013, 6:23am

Post #11 of 11 (32 views)
Shortcut
FLT - I'm sure we could make something out of that as well... [In reply to] Can't Post

Frodo loves 'taters
Frodo looks tired
Fėanor likes Tengwar

I'm sure someone else could do better ...

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.