Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Death of Bolg in AUJ
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Fredeghar Wayfarer
Lorien

May 27 2013, 2:19am

Post #26 of 31 (128 views)
Shortcut
Could be an Easter egg for the fans [In reply to] Can't Post

Bolg's cameo might be something for the keen-eyed fans to notice or it could be left over from a different cut of the film. Either way, there's no reason for PJ to focus on it for longer than he did. Bolg hasn't been introduced as a character so his appearance means nothing to the audience members who aren't regulars on this site. Once he's introduced in the next movie, there might be a flashback to his defeat by Dwalin.

TheBeerBaron
Rivendell

May 27 2013, 5:44am

Post #27 of 31 (107 views)
Shortcut
Are you sure that's Dwalin? [In reply to] Can't Post

Who else do we know that is supposed to have a Mohawk?

I think that that may well be Dain, and the reason that we don't see his face properly is because he isn't being played by Billy in that scene.

The Mitch King
Rohan

May 27 2013, 5:45am

Post #28 of 31 (117 views)
Shortcut
No doubt. [In reply to] Can't Post

That's Bolg. I doubt he has been resurrected though because why else would he need all those surgical metal implants if Sauron can just um...erm....uh.... POOF and its all better? That's Bolg getting whooped and we know he's in the next movies. The rest is just speculation.

DanielLB
Immortal

May 27 2013, 8:03am

Post #29 of 31 (101 views)
Shortcut
100% Dwalin [In reply to] Can't Post

You can see his face quite clearly, and also has a moment with Balin in the same scene. Plus, it says so in the WETA's Chronicles book. Wink

TheBeerBaron
Rivendell

May 27 2013, 8:09am

Post #30 of 31 (85 views)
Shortcut
Well I can't argue with that! [In reply to] Can't Post

I guessing was wrong then.

However, I suspect that we'll get another flashback to that scene to introduce Dain.

Angharad73
Rohan

May 27 2013, 8:17am

Post #31 of 31 (105 views)
Shortcut
Definitely Dwalin [In reply to] Can't Post

He looks directly at the camera just after striking down Bolg (or the guy who looks a lot like Bolg). You can even see the cut from his forehead over his nose, which is the scar he later has (the cut looks fairly fresh to me at this point, so it might be where he got that one). So it can't be anyone else but Dwalin.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.