Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
Announcing the TORn Online Symposium/Conference
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

The Prancing Pony
Rivendell

May 26 2013, 7:25pm

Post #51 of 56 (121 views)
Shortcut
Thank you, [In reply to] Can't Post

for your answer. I've written essays before, but citations is something I am still unsure about every time. Smile

I've had some time over the weekend to start writing and hope to finish in time for the first round (though I really should be writing something else entirely...Crazy)

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

rangerfromthenorth
Rivendell

May 28 2013, 6:13pm

Post #52 of 56 (107 views)
Shortcut
I would love to write [In reply to] Can't Post

Indeed, I already have some work I could submit on various Tolkien Topics, whether it is Tom Bombadil or how the Ring Works, I believe I could adapt these works for just such a forum and I would thoroughly enjoy the opportunity, Just let me know!

Darkstone
Immortal

May 29 2013, 8:51pm

Post #53 of 56 (102 views)
Shortcut
Definitely [In reply to] Can't Post

One of the annoyances of message boards are those who never deign to discuss but only hang around in order to pounce on others mistakes. Thankfully most of us here have outgrown that sort of mastubatory self-aggrandizement. And there's a long tradition in the Reading Room of not correcting gaffes in grammar or spelling which I think contributes to a great sense of maturity

As opposed to:

I met a Balrog on the stair.
He had some wings that weren't there.
They weren't there again today.
I wish he would just fly away.

CuriousG
Valinor

May 29 2013, 9:50pm

Post #54 of 56 (81 views)
Shortcut
Great cartoon! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

May 29 2013, 9:56pm

Post #55 of 56 (79 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

The original Curious first posted it here in a self-depreciating post over his own tendency to drag an argument out a bit longer than was seemly.

I do miss him.

I met a Balrog on the stair.
He had some wings that weren't there.
They weren't there again today.
I wish he would just fly away.

Brethil
Half-elven

May 29 2013, 10:11pm

Post #56 of 56 (94 views)
Shortcut
Keep an eye on the RR, Rangerfromthenorth [In reply to] Can't Post

I believe Elaen and DanielLB are working on a series of steps to elicit interest and allow people to post their topic ideas, to keep things organized. So anyone interested in writing, think about your topics and keep watch!

Manwe, when asked a simple "Yes" or "No" question, contemplated, and responded "the middle one."

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.