Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
What are the top 5 things you are looking forward too in desolation of smaug?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Elessar
Valinor

May 23 2013, 5:06pm

Post #26 of 41 (319 views)
Shortcut
My 5 [In reply to] Can't Post

I will take more depth to the dwarves as you said and I'd like to see Azog bite it. Just from the things you're really wanting list.

My 5 things though to be honest there are a whole lot more.

1. Smaug - This is going to be so exciting!
2. Beorn - I am eager to see how they work this character
3. Mirkwood - From the special event this is going to be a very cool part
4. Bolg - I want to see how they mix him into this story
5. Necromancer Plot- I'm looking forward to seeing how they continue to work this.
6. Thranduril/Legolas/Tauriel - I'm eager to see how this all plays out.

I know this is six I had to go one more. lol

(This post was edited by Elessar on May 23 2013, 5:08pm)

dubulous
Rohan

May 23 2013, 5:35pm

Post #27 of 41 (300 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

1. The White Council attacking Dol Guldur.
2. Beorn
3. Spiders in Mirkwood
4. Laketown
5. Smaug? (I'm not sure if we're suppsed to get a good look by DoS or not)

But mostly the attack to Dol Guldur.

bborchar
Rohan

May 23 2013, 7:13pm

Post #28 of 41 (281 views)
Shortcut
My five things... [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Smaug
2. Smaug
3. Smaug
4. Smaug
5. Smaug

That's pretty much it :)

Darkstone
Immortal

May 23 2013, 7:27pm

Post #29 of 41 (273 views)
Shortcut
Hmmmm... [In reply to] Can't Post

1. “So here you all are still!” he said. He picked up the hobbit and laughed: “Not eaten up by Wargs or goblins or wicked bears yet I see”; and he poked Mr. Baggins’ waistcoat most disrespectfully. “Little bunny is getting nice and fat again on bread and honey,” he chuckled. “Come and have some more!”

2. Suddenly on the path ahead appeared some white deer, a hind and fawns as snowy white as the hart had been dark. They glimmered in the shadows. Before Thorin could cry out three of the dwarves had leaped to their feet and loosed off arrows from their bows. None seemed to find their mark. The deer turned and vanished in the trees as silently as they had come, and in vain the dwarves shot their arrows after them.

3. In the end he poked his head above the roof of leaves, and then he found spiders all right. But they were only small ones of ordinary size, and they were after the butterflies. Bilbo’s eyes were nearly blinded by the light. He could hear the dwarves shouting up at him from far below, but he could not answer, only hold on and blink. The sun was shining brilliantly, and it was a long while before he could bear it. When he could, he saw all round him a sea of dark green, ruffled here and there by the breeze; and there were everywhere hundreds of butterflies. I expect they were a kind of ‘purple emperor,’ a butterfly that loves the tops of oak-woods, but these were not purple at all, they were a dark dark velvety black without any markings to be seen. [This will be glorious in 3-D!!]

4. “I will give you a name,” he said to it, “and I shall call you Sting.”

5. He had picked his way stealthily for some distance, when he noticed a place of dense black shadow ahead of him black even for that forest, like a patch of midnight that had never been cleared away. As he drew nearer, he saw that it was made by spider-webs one behind and over and tangled with another.
Suddenly he saw, too, that there were spiders huge and horrible sitting in the branches above him, and ring or no ring he trembled with fear lest they should discover him. Standing behind a tree he watched a group of them for some time, and then in the silence and stillness of the wood he realised that these loathsome creatures were speaking one to another. Their voices were a sort of thin creaking and hissing, but he could make out many of the words that they said. [Another great 3-D scene!]

I met a Balrog on the stair.
He had some wings that weren't there.
They weren't there again today.
I wish he would just fly away.

dormouse
Half-elven

May 23 2013, 10:27pm

Post #30 of 41 (230 views)
Shortcut
5 things? [In reply to] Can't Post

Beorn

Butterflies over Mirkwood

Elf fires

Thranduil and his halls

Bilbo's first encounter with Smaug

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

May 23 2013, 11:40pm

Post #31 of 41 (220 views)
Shortcut
Just One Thing [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Radagast gets caught in a downpour that washes off the bird poop. And his rabbit sled team all catch phenomena, ending up as stew.

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

May 24 2013, 12:40am

Post #32 of 41 (214 views)
Shortcut
5 huh? [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, I'm looking forward to
Bilbo and Smaug
Thranduil
Beorn
Barrels out of bond
And the awesome ending theme. I wanna know what it will be and who will sing it! Laugh

Bellerock
Rivendell

May 24 2013, 1:31am

Post #33 of 41 (208 views)
Shortcut
My top five: [In reply to] Can't Post

1) The Costumes. In particular I'm looking forward to seeing more of how the elves of Mirkwood dress. Laketown looks like it has some rich and interesting styles too, if the Master is any sample.

2) The Music. I love Howard Shore's scores, but I also really enjoy hearing the characters sing some of Tolkien's lyrics. Maybe the elves will sing in this one.

3) The Mirkwood elves feasting in the forest. Of course, I realize these scenes may not make it into the movie, but they always seem so magical in the book.

4) More character development for the dwarves. In particular, it would be nice if somebody actually bled a little bit. So far, these guys seem pretty invulnerable.

5) Smaug! I want to hear the conversation between Bilbo and Smaug, and see the dragon coiled up on his golden bed. I want to see Smaug revealed in all his splendour as he leaps into the air, and I want to see him dying in flames over Laketown. There can't be many things more awe inspiring than that!

SheHathaldir
The Shire

May 24 2013, 1:41am

Post #34 of 41 (214 views)
Shortcut
Absolutely everything... [In reply to] Can't Post

But to narrow it down (in no particular order):

- Beorn and his house
- The barrel ride
- Thranduil's relationship with Legolas
- More character moments with the dwarves
- Bilbo sneaking around Mirkwood

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

May 24 2013, 2:05am

Post #35 of 41 (194 views)
Shortcut
top 5 [In reply to] Can't Post

Beorn.

Mirkwood.

Spider sequence.

Smaug and Bilbo.

Smaug versus Laketown.

take me down to the woodland realm where the trees are green and the elf women are pretty....Oh will you please take me home!!

Dwarf Cupcake
The Shire

May 24 2013, 2:49am

Post #36 of 41 (199 views)
Shortcut
Had to Think a Bit for this one... [In reply to] Can't Post

Took a while to narrow it down to just five!Wink So, in no particular order:

1. Smaug. The voice alone is going to make it memorable, we know that, but I want to see what he looks like, too!

2. The Barrels out of Bond sequence. Just the little glimpses we've seen so far make it look...fun.

3. The interior of Erebor now, and more importantly, Thorin and Balin's reactions to it.

4. Beorn's home

5. And yes, more development of the Dwarves characters, please!

Not All those who wander are lost...

Bombadil
Half-elven

May 24 2013, 3:07am

Post #37 of 41 (190 views)
Shortcut
Only 5? [In reply to] Can't Post

1.. Beorn's Transformation into a Bear
a.There are many ways to Morph him
(Ala "Werewolf in London?)
b. Or a Shadow Show?
looming down on Gandalf?
c. Quick Change with a Cloak
in Smoke?

PJ will want THAT to re-define
Movie Transformation.

2. Thousands of different sizes of Spiders
dropping down on Threads in 3D
from his Overhead Shots
...shooting down as we
the audience are surrounded
with threads from every part
of the Borders of the screen.

3. The ElvenKing's Halls
will be like Nothing
anyone has EVER SEEN.
(You think LothLorien was Cool?)

4. The Opening of the Secret Door
with the Last Light of Durin's Day
revealing the KeyHole.

5. The Dwarves Follicking and diving
into Mounds of their Gold?

Of Course with Howard's Music developed into
EPIC,Operatic Size.

Kimtc
Rohan

May 24 2013, 3:41am

Post #38 of 41 (177 views)
Shortcut
I like the way you think! [In reply to] Can't Post

Mine are even more single minded:
1) Thorin
2) Thorin's hair
3) Thorin's wet hair
4) Thorin pulling spider webs from his hair
5) Smaug (who has no hair)

Skaan
Lorien

May 24 2013, 3:42pm

Post #39 of 41 (158 views)
Shortcut
Considering most of it has already been mentioned [In reply to] Can't Post

I will just post some of the more smaller scenes that i'm looking forward to.

1. Smaug becoming furious when Bilbo mentions revenge
2. Smaug heading out to Laketown, while hearing him yell his Barrel-rider line that foreshadows his attack on Laketown
3. The entry into Thranduil's halls
4. Beorn's introduction to the company
5. Bolg's introduction to the movie

I'm also very much looking forward to what the intro/prologue of DOS will be. My guess is that it will have something to do with Beorn and Bolg.

Lio
Lorien

May 25 2013, 11:55pm

Post #40 of 41 (95 views)
Shortcut
Beorn Beorn Beorn Bolg Bolg Bolg [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm really looking forward to how the Beorn/Bolg arc plays out. Cool

Oh? I'm supposed to name four more things?

Here goes:
2. Seeing what they're going to do with Azog and his Orcs. It has my interest since it's not in the book and I have no idea how it will play out. Shocked
3. Anything with Bilbo and the Dwarves!
4. Mirkwood and the Elves. I'm wondering how they'll handle Thranduil, Legolas, and Tauriel.
5. I guess I should mention Smaug somewhere, huh?

Dwalin Balin Kili Fili Dori Nori Ori Oin Gloin Bifur Bofur Bombur Thorin

Orcs are mammals!

Want to chat? AIM me at Yami Liokaiser!

Semper Fi
Rohan

May 26 2013, 10:35am

Post #41 of 41 (124 views)
Shortcut
My top 5 [In reply to] Can't Post

Bilbo and Smaug battle of witts, Bilbo lures Smaug to spill the beans on his weak spot.

Bilbo pulls off the dwarf rescue from captivity. I really hope he doesn`t get help from Legolas and/or Tauriel as many fans suspect he will. That`s his big moment that shouldn`t be shared. It proves why he is the best burgler.

Smaug attack, Bard downs Smaug. I`m curious whether he`ll find out form talking bird or other way. I`m fine with changes a slong as Bilbo gets the credit for discovering the weakness.

Beorn and Thorin friendship. More than shapeshifting I`m interested to see how they`ll set them up so that the payoff in the third movie is really emotional.

Thranduil and Legolas, hopefully explains why Legolas is more friendly to dwarves than averige Elf. Maybe a little bit of super archer rivalry with Bard? Tongue

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.