Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Music Inspired by Middle-Earth by David Arkenstone

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

May 23 2013, 12:20am

Post #1 of 7 (186 views)
Shortcut
Music Inspired by Middle-Earth by David Arkenstone Can't Post

Has anybody heard of that artist? And the compilation he did? I found it by chance on Grooveshark, and it's really good. (Listening to it now while I type this.)
http://grooveshark.com/...Middle+Earth/3765684
Thought I'd share it. I'm definitley gonna see if the record store I go to can get the CD. Cool

grammaboodawg
Immortal

May 23 2013, 12:30am

Post #2 of 7 (87 views)
Shortcut
Love Arkenstone! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've had and loved his Middle-earth cd for years! Not every song reflects my image of M-e completely, but many of the songs are spot-on. I'm so glad you've found it and enjoy it just as much :D

4th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - May 1, 2013

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Asclepias
Rivendell

May 23 2013, 3:44am

Post #3 of 7 (77 views)
Shortcut
I have [In reply to] Can't Post

his Celtic CD, and I love it!

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

May 24 2013, 12:36am

Post #4 of 7 (61 views)
Shortcut
Thanks grammaboodawg! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, it was by chance that I found it. I've been listening to ambient and new age music all week, starting with Enya (I have all her CDs). I decided to try out Clannad, and have been listening to them, and grooveshark had a list of recommendations based on what I had been listening to (Clannad) and I found the Middle-Earth music by Arkenstone! What a find. I will be getting both now, oh my wallet. Blush

Oscarilbo
Lorien

May 27 2013, 4:15pm

Post #5 of 7 (50 views)
Shortcut
how did I miss this post?! [In reply to] Can't Post

For me Howard Shore's vision came first so its my main LOTR music, but I love different views on Middle Earth.

I've had that CD for 10 years now and I still listen to it very often. It was the first "music inspired by ME" I found along with "The lord of the Rings by Bo Hanson". What attracted me to those albums was the fact that they convey a very different style from Howard Shore's score, which bumps my imagination as to what kind of images they were seeing in their minds. Very interesting experience and wonderful.

my favorite piece from the album by Arkenstone is definitely Galadriel's mirror, beautiful and sad at the same time.

I recommend you also the one by Bo Hanson, which apparently was the first album ever recorded of music inspired by ME, back in 1969. It's very electronic, and of course Hanson was seeing very different images in his mind than what we are used to, which is very very interesting and attractive.

By the way, this past week I ordered from Amazon an album collection about all songs and poems of LOTR put into music by the danish folk group The Tolkien Ensemble, in which Christopher Lee himself sings some of them. Those are 4 CDs and in total and also presents its own view about Tolkien world, from the folkish to the operatic and the ethereal. Here is on of my favorite songs from this collection:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irRxzfsfWNU

hope you enjoy it

"The World is Changed, I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air"

(This post was edited by Oscarilbo on May 27 2013, 4:23pm)

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

May 27 2013, 5:31pm

Post #6 of 7 (35 views)
Shortcut
I have two David Arkenstone albums (on CD) [In reply to] Can't Post

Quest of the Dream Warrior (1995) and Return of the Guardians (1996).

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

May 29 2013, 12:23am

Post #7 of 7 (47 views)
Shortcut
Thanks for the link!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.