Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
What will be in the next blog?

May 21 2013, 7:39pm

Post #1 of 11 (1277 views)
What will be in the next blog? Can't Post

Just wondering how much they could say about pick-ups after the first few days? Maybe we'll see some post-production stuff?

But what I personally see as a likely possibility: We'll have a quick sum-up of An Unexpected Journey's success, a few extra behind the scenes stuff followed by an announcement of the Extended Edition with some quick glimpses.

I'd say it's about time they started advertising the EE, and how else would they make the announcement? A blog announcement seems perfect IMO

May 21 2013, 7:50pm

Post #2 of 11 (637 views)
i presumed [In reply to] Can't Post

i presumed they have lots of footage from before and will just be presenting 2nd film behind the scenes in more detail, even though it was filmed ages ago! intertwined with a few up to date bits.

"You Tolkien to me?!" - Hobbit de Niro

May 21 2013, 7:57pm

Post #3 of 11 (594 views)
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

I've love to see Beorn, though I know we won't. Hopefully some more teases in terms of potential scenes that will make us speculate wrongly and then later surprise us (when I first saw the clips from the scene of the Dwarves running across the plain I never guessed it was a part of a high-octane sled chase!)

"A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities."-J.R.R.Tolkien

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."-Gandalf

May 21 2013, 8:01pm

Post #4 of 11 (585 views)
It'll be a while before we see Beorn... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think they're holding him back so that they can use his reveal as marketing closer to release Wink sneaky sneaky

May 21 2013, 8:31pm

Post #5 of 11 (571 views)
Hmmmm [In reply to] Can't Post

Sort of figured we'd see content similar to first set of vblogs...their process, the work at hand. Saw somewhere that they've been rebuilding the Erebor set--pulling set pieces out of storage, etc. Based on the book, I would expect new armor and weapons out of the Erebor trove...so maybe I'm over optimistic, but a peek at BOFA costuming and weapons, new character looks? (Recalling Aragorn riding to last battle in fresh Gondorian gear, for example.)

May 21 2013, 8:39pm

Post #6 of 11 (645 views)
I bet my life we'll see... [In reply to] Can't Post

Peter Jackson.

Yup. I'm very sure of it.

I doubt we'll get any big spoilers. No Beorn or Smaug, that's for sure. I imagine it will be very similar to the first vlog - detailing the lead up of the additional shooting. The last shot in the vlog will probably be the first shot of shooting (like Bilbo and Gollum in vlog 1). I can't see it being anything else (this early on).

(This post was edited by DanielLB on May 21 2013, 8:40pm)

May 22 2013, 8:32am

Post #7 of 11 (318 views)
You could be onto something there.... ;-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur

May 22 2013, 10:50am

Post #8 of 11 (305 views)
Yes and... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure we'll see some material from the live event.

- Perhaps a little bit of the Lake Town set
- Or of the Woodland Realm?
- Maybe a glimpse of Bilbo inside Erebor?
- Benedict Cumberbatch in a motion capture suite (without any hint of Smaugs look)?
- Lee Pace, Orlando Bloom, Luke Evans or Stephen Fry?
- Great would be a first interview of
Michael Persbrandt inside Beorns House (without any hint of Beorns look).

We'll see. I'm looking forward to it! Cool

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

May 22 2013, 3:19pm

Post #9 of 11 (252 views)
I would like to see how [In reply to] Can't Post

they prepare the hudreds of extras they will use at the battle of five army, how they all receive make up and equipment, how is the experience for them. I don't know I always thought how cool it would have been to actually take part in a big middle earth battle

May 23 2013, 7:11am

Post #10 of 11 (179 views)
Well... [In reply to] Can't Post

They have shown us parts of the process of making a movie, what if they showed us the making of the dvd/EE?

How they do interviews, make menu's, special features and so on. And thus advertising the EE's?

One of the best things of the LOTR trilogy was the groundbreaking special edition of it. They've shown us the SFX, camera's, etc.. But why not the making of the DVD/Bluray?

May 23 2013, 8:12am

Post #11 of 11 (176 views)
That would be interesting [In reply to] Can't Post

And also very meta: a making of the making of. Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.