Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Will the hobbit Extended Edition dvds look the same

burgahobbit
Rohan

May 14 2013, 2:11am

Post #1 of 9 (952 views)
Shortcut
Will the hobbit Extended Edition dvds look the same Can't Post

As the LOTR ones? I mean the red book of westmarch-style leather bounding look that the three original extended edition dvds have. These dvds aren't even sold on the hobbitshop.com, so I was just wondering. Thanks!

(This post was edited by burgahobbit on May 14 2013, 2:11am)

Sinister71
Tol Eressea

May 14 2013, 2:19am

Post #2 of 9 (420 views)
Shortcut
not sure on the look or the packaging [In reply to] Can't Post

But I really hope there is more bonus features than the Theatrical release. That was my biggest let down with the Blueray/DVD release

There&ThereAgain
Rohan

May 14 2013, 2:28am

Post #3 of 9 (414 views)
Shortcut
it would be nice [In reply to] Can't Post

but with a new studio and all....

I'm not hopeful.

I'd be more hopeful at the same level of bonus material. Features on the scriptwriting stage, editing, vfx, sound, costumes, production, etc. I've watched the original EE features dozens of times over. PLUS commentary too.

Oh and the extended editions themselves are nice too. Angelic

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair; and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater."-J.R.R. Tolkien

"Thanks for the money!" -George Lucas

Eleniel
Grey Havens

May 14 2013, 6:00am

Post #4 of 9 (426 views)
Shortcut
The videos recently spotted on the EIGA Japanese site... [In reply to] Can't Post

look to me to be the similar sort of behind-the-scenes footage/cast interviews as we got on the LotR EEs, so hopefully they will be included on the AUJ EE. But the way this stuff has been appearing in dribs and drabs since the premiere of AUJ, I'm starting to feel like I've seen all the extras before the EE is released. Did this happen also with LotR?

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Victoria Monfort

Arannir
Valinor

May 14 2013, 8:26am

Post #5 of 9 (344 views)
Shortcut
There was much more of those xtras on the theatrical DVDs... [In reply to] Can't Post

... so we already had much more at this point.

I also hope they do the same for the EEs of TH - consistent documentaries that make sense when you watch them back to back. And especially commentaries.

But I am also afraid that the WB might feel what they did for the LotR EE was way too extravagant... those are outstanding in the world of DVD releases when it comes to extras, really.

A dragon is no idle fancy. Whatever may be his origins, in fact or invention, the dragon in legend is a potent creation of mens imagination, richer in significance than his barrow is in gold. J.R.R. Tolkien

Words of wisdom that should be remembered - both by critics, purists and anyone in between.

Glorfindela
Valinor

May 14 2013, 10:23am

Post #6 of 9 (303 views)
Shortcut
The LOTR DVDs were outstanding in terms of design as well [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm hoping, but Warner Bros. haven't served us well so far. Japanese design is beautiful (it was for all the rare card products produced for LOTR, for example, which I have in my collection). The Japanese AUJ DVD looks lovely. It's a shame Warner could not have produced something similar for other countries.

In Reply To
. But I am also afraid that the WB might feel what they did for the LotR EE was way too extravagant... those are outstanding in the world of DVD releases when it comes to extras, really.

burgahobbit
Rohan

May 14 2013, 7:44pm

Post #7 of 9 (176 views)
Shortcut
Alright [In reply to] Can't Post

It kind of stinks if they don't do it, but at least all the hobbit ees will look the same and all the lotr ees will look the same.

Oh and the extended editions themselves are
nice too. Angelic

Very true, I have to let go of my collection obsessiveness a little.

(This post was edited by burgahobbit on May 14 2013, 7:45pm)

Eleniel
Grey Havens

May 14 2013, 8:01pm

Post #8 of 9 (208 views)
Shortcut
Of course,the most important question is... [In reply to] Can't Post

whether we will get the Collectors' EE box set complete with Weta collectibles this time around? Unsure

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Victoria Monfort

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

May 15 2013, 1:41am

Post #9 of 9 (156 views)
Shortcut
there has to be additional content on the new EE's because [In reply to] Can't Post

not only is this a double-dip, they could have done what they did with King Kong and included both editions on one bluray release. So, if they release a bare bones EE there is going to be a pretty loud outcry, i would hope. I think PJ will be overseeing the EE's so i think we are in pretty good hands (fingers crossed).

take me down to the woodland realm where the trees are green and the elf women are pretty....Oh will you please take me home!!

(This post was edited by MouthofSauron on May 15 2013, 1:41am)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.