stormcrow20
Gondor

Dec 23 2007, 6:35am

Post #26 of 45 (615 views)
Shortcut
Remember this Muppet LotR discussion.... [In reply to] Can't Post

way back in April? Muppets in Middle-Earth

Lots of fun casting that one!

(This post was edited by stormcrow20 on Dec 23 2007, 6:37am)

ElanorTX
Tol Eressea

Dec 24 2007, 11:01am

Post #27 of 45 (605 views)
Shortcut
OT The Christmas Carol [In reply to] Can't Post

in the Mr. Magoo version. I still love the song "Winter Was Warm."

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Dec 24 2007, 3:56pm

Post #28 of 45 (586 views)
Shortcut
I love the Magoo Christmas Carol! [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought I was the only person who remembered this from -- was it the sixties? I bought a tape of it several years ago, just to run every year on Christmas Eve. The music is beautiful. Not just "The Winter was Warm" but "a hand for each hand was meant for the world".

Radhruin
Rohan

Dec 25 2007, 8:56am

Post #29 of 45 (614 views)
Shortcut
I did too. [In reply to] Can't Post

My family used to watch the George C. Scott version on every Christmas Eve. It's my favorite version by a long shot.

calisuri
PTB

Jan 2 2008, 9:41pm

Post #30 of 45 (509 views)
Shortcut
Moving this to main! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey all - gonna move this poll to the main site.

Thanks for a great poll!

Mrs Baggins

Jan 2 2008, 10:40pm

Post #31 of 45 (522 views)
Shortcut
none.......... [In reply to] Can't Post

Frown I want a "None of the above" choice!!!!

harvey107

Jan 2 2008, 11:12pm

Post #32 of 45 (505 views)
Shortcut
PJ! Enough said [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

Patty
Immortal

Jan 2 2008, 11:39pm

Post #33 of 45 (521 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, Calisuri, for giving us a [In reply to] Can't Post

Fran Walsh option. I think she'd do a bang up job, and be the best of all possible worlds, so I voted for her. But I don't think she'd do it, based on her reserve and mostly invisibility during the LotR publicity.

theredsunrises

Jan 2 2008, 11:56pm

Post #34 of 45 (551 views)
Shortcut
Who says it has to be stop-motion? [In reply to] Can't Post

Look at how TB did Sweeney Todd. I think he'd be a good director for The Hobbit.

If not Burton, then I vote Gore Verbinski. He directed The Ring (2002), Curse of the Black Pearl (2003), Dead Man's Chest (2006), and At World's End (2007) all of which are rather good. Also, I think that if Gore directed The Hobbit, Hans Zimmer would be a good composer.

(This post was edited by theredsunrises on Jan 2 2008, 11:59pm)

Bilbo the Rover
The Shire

Jan 3 2008, 1:26am

Post #35 of 45 (531 views)
Shortcut
PJ of course ! But if not....... [In reply to] Can't Post

Of course I'd love to see PJ do it, but if not, Guillermo Del Toro, would be my next choice. I think he understands "epic story telling" and would have a good sense of the "light and shade" the story requires. "Pan's Labirynth" should serve as an excellent example of his love of "faery" and the ability to bring it to life. Alfonso Cuaron would be my next choice. I just don't think Sam Rami can bring the weight the story requires...just this humble hobbit's opinion.

RosieLass
Valinor

Jan 3 2008, 4:30am

Post #36 of 45 (482 views)
Shortcut
Well, but it's the stop-motion I want to see. [In reply to] Can't Post

And not necessary Burton.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Jan 3 2008, 6:11am

Post #37 of 45 (515 views)
Shortcut
what about christian rivers? [In reply to] Can't Post

he's directed a movie now, and he's certainly familiar with the material. i think he would be a great choice.

otherwise, walsh, cauron or del toro.

Morrowdim
Rivendell

Jan 3 2008, 11:11am

Post #38 of 45 (498 views)
Shortcut
There is always the unique style of Nick Park to consider. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm fairly certain we could get a Hobbit version from him which would be completely opposite anything we would see from Burton. Hmmm, perhaps we need a full-length feature from each just to solve this little dilemma?

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Jan 3 2008, 8:17pm

Post #39 of 45 (489 views)
Shortcut
Or Jan Svankmajer! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Patty
Immortal

Jan 3 2008, 10:27pm

Post #40 of 45 (523 views)
Shortcut
As I said elsewhere (I think in Idril's poll on this subject) [In reply to] Can't Post

If not PJ then Fran. If not Fran, then whoever directed Babe. But only for the first one. I doubt he could bring the necessary darkness to the segue movie.

hobbitgoddess
The Shire

Jan 3 2008, 11:52pm

Post #41 of 45 (506 views)
Shortcut
Sean Astin could be good [In reply to] Can't Post

Or maybe I just like the thought. He's never directed, so go only knows what it would be like, which makes him an exciting choice. Exciting and probably frightening. But whatever, putting my opinion out there.

Guillermo and Weir are my first sensible choices though. Love Pan's Labyrinth, was a genius movie. And so was Master and Commander. Both of those movies are my second favorite films of all time. So either would be ok with me.

No one else on that list looks even remotely good to me. Epically not Raimi...but I've given my opinion on that matter enough times, so I will refrain from talking about how much he will screw up the Hobbit.

And still think they should find someone new that Hollywood hasn't touched. Maybe they should find a female director! Now theres a thought. It would be nice to see a female direct something as big as this. But if not Sean would be cool...at least with me.

jabbernaut

Jan 4 2008, 6:29am

Post #42 of 45 (502 views)
Shortcut
Gore Verbinski!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Props to theredsunrises for saying it here first...

But I've said it before, and I'll say it again, if not PJ than Verbinski is my sure vote! He did amazing work with Pirates of the Caribbean, and he has effects background much like PJ, and uses effects as a director much like PJ, to enhance the story and not just for showing off.

I'd like to see his name on more lists. Had to vote "other" on this one. (Didn't vote PJ because I'm afraid it's a pretty sure thing that he won't be directing... and afraid that if by some miracle he does, he might approach it more as a chore than a love, which could turn out quite badly for all.)

Nessa Inglorion
The Shire

Jan 5 2008, 6:23am

Post #43 of 45 (459 views)
Shortcut
I voted pJ but.... [In reply to] Can't Post

If he can't do it or would be overworked to do it than Guillermo de Toro, Alfonso Cuaron, or off this list Gore Verbinski. I also like the ideas of Christian Rivers, or Barry Osborne with help from PJ, as they are connected with the first ones and are fans. Someone also mentioned Sean astin- that could be very bad or very good.

frodomyhero

Jan 13 2008, 3:16am

Post #44 of 45 (447 views)
Shortcut
If Peter doesn't .... [In reply to] Can't Post

I couldn't vote for any of the names because I believe that if PJ can't direct, there is a director that made another fantasy film almost as good as LOTR....... it was Ron Howard . He directed "WILLOW" and he should definitely be considered to direct the "HOBBIT".Heart

Ateowe

Jan 19 2008, 1:08am

Post #45 of 45 (625 views)
Shortcut
David Fincher [In reply to] Can't Post

i thought about this for awhile, and while i would love to see Ron Howard or Mel Gibson directing this movie, i dont think that will happen, (cant see either one of those two working for anyone but themselves, certainly not PJ) also, Peter Wier would be outstanding, but he is pretty picky about what he directs. but, those 3 aside, i would be very happy if David Fincher got the job, (Zodiac, Fight Club, Se7en)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.