Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
I'd love to see more of the Shire

dreamflower
Rivendell

May 15 2013, 8:53pm

Views: 30
Shortcut
I'd love to see more of the Shire [In reply to] Can't Post

...especially Frodo's backstory, from the deaths of his parents to his adoption by Bilbo, and also perhaps Frodo's life in the Shire between Bilbo's departure and his own...

Of course, there are a ton of fanfics already out that that have explored this. I wouldn't mind seeing a version (or versions) by one or more of my favorite ff writers adapted, but in a fanfilm (like "Born of Hope" or "The Hunt for Gollum") instead of by PJ.

What PJ could do might be a series of short films with the backstories of the Dwarves--I know he made some up, one for each of them. It might be nice to see those dramatized. That would be a lot of fun, and wouldn't need a theatrical release--he could put them up on YouTube.

Subject User Time
Middle Earth Origins stories TheBeerBaron Send a private message to TheBeerBaron May 9 2013, 4:26pm
    Re: moved TheBeerBaron Send a private message to TheBeerBaron May 9 2013, 6:14pm
        No problem! entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden May 9 2013, 6:46pm
            Thanks Entmaiden TheBeerBaron Send a private message to TheBeerBaron May 9 2013, 7:13pm
                Don't worry.... elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 May 9 2013, 8:29pm
                    A lot of that sounds cool TheBeerBaron Send a private message to TheBeerBaron May 10 2013, 12:28pm
    Since you are concentrating on characters from TH and LotR... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai May 9 2013, 7:31pm
        Sounds viable TheBeerBaron Send a private message to TheBeerBaron May 9 2013, 9:59pm
            I assumed that Aragorn would have to be re-cast Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai May 10 2013, 6:57pm
                I hope (and expect)... Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë May 10 2013, 9:19pm
    i've thought of this as well Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel May 9 2013, 8:18pm
        Nice set of idea Mac Brethil Send a private message to Brethil May 9 2013, 8:24pm
        Perhaps TheBeerBaron Send a private message to TheBeerBaron May 10 2013, 12:25pm
    Hobbit centered origins for me, please Kaede Send a private message to Kaede May 9 2013, 9:05pm
    Freight-Trainspotting Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone May 9 2013, 9:19pm
    saurons ring jimmyfenn Send a private message to jimmyfenn May 9 2013, 10:34pm
    The Founding of Dale... sevilodorf Send a private message to sevilodorf May 10 2013, 1:58am
        Dale might good TheBeerBaron Send a private message to TheBeerBaron May 10 2013, 12:23pm
            Dwarves always seemed pretty standoffish sevilodorf Send a private message to sevilodorf May 10 2013, 11:40pm
    I'd love to see more of the Shire dreamflower Send a private message to dreamflower May 15 2013, 8:53pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.