Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Regarding Thor TDW...

UncleThorin

May 12 2013, 9:53am

Views: 50
Shortcut
Regarding Thor TDW... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it's fair to say it will have a sizeable Avengers bump, but I also would not rule out extra factors such as the first movie not doing too poorly by itself, the notably bankable Loki (Thor himself is nothing to pass over, but after all, the trickster's managed to weasel his way into the same number of films so far!), and lastly the new "Game of Thrones" pedigree via director. Last I heard, people were still interested in GoT and a similarly invoked "style" could get some crossover. Hopefully without Anthony Hopkins going the way of Sean Bean. Shocked

I'm hopeful that DoS could deliver a strong performance, but I think that could mostly rely on a strong promotion. Emphasizing what is in the film (please no last minute character design changes Frown), and how it will be new sights, new faces, lookatthatfulldragon, etc. Honestly, since AUJ has already "bothered" so many critics, DoS could benefit simply from not "dragging" as much and having less exposition... maybe. Perhaps the HFR won't be as polarizing this time, too. (Since it's been "experienced" before.)

Subject User Time
Box Office of DoS Arannir Send a private message to Arannir May 7 2013, 7:55am
    Cool thread here cats16 Send a private message to cats16 May 7 2013, 8:31am
        I'm thinking Star Trek will do really well, if they would just... Patty Send a private message to Patty May 7 2013, 12:54pm
            Star Trek is about the only summer film I'm looking forward to! Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela May 7 2013, 2:37pm
            Star Trek macfalk Send a private message to macfalk May 8 2013, 7:13am
                I didn't know that. Patty Send a private message to Patty May 8 2013, 11:44am
        Regarding Thor TDW... UncleThorin Send a private message to UncleThorin May 12 2013, 9:53am
    Hobbit has long legs isaac Send a private message to isaac May 7 2013, 8:55am
        Bomby sees DOS doing Better than AUJ... Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil May 7 2013, 9:52am
            I think it may do better than AUJ Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela May 7 2013, 10:53am
    Did someone call my name? ;) Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 May 7 2013, 7:36pm
        Iron Man 3 Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë May 8 2013, 1:06am
            My 2 cents... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir May 8 2013, 7:06am
                It certainly is frontloaded so far. Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë May 8 2013, 2:26pm
                    There is a lot of info here: Arannir Send a private message to Arannir May 8 2013, 3:30pm
                        Ok thanks! Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë May 8 2013, 3:36pm
            Around $1.2b worldwide for Iron Man 3. // Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 May 8 2013, 7:06am
    my prediction MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron May 8 2013, 2:30am
    Well Welsh hero Send a private message to Welsh hero May 8 2013, 8:02am
    Just DoS Elessar Send a private message to Elessar May 8 2013, 1:00pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.