Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Extras wanted for The Hobbit......
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

May 8 2013, 12:22am

Post #26 of 35 (180 views)
Shortcut
You have a point [In reply to] Can't Post

I want to go for it, but I can't afford to spend a vacation in Wellington. Frown

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

May 8 2013, 12:47am

Post #27 of 35 (167 views)
Shortcut
I know, Ziggy. We've got to be realistic, [In reply to] Can't Post

even we fantasy-loving folk. And a reality is that existing permission to work in NZ is a requirement, too, so that let's out lots of our friends here on TORn. I was just lucky to be in the right place at the right time. If I come on a bit strong with my cheerleading, it's because I know how easy it is to think, "Ah, why bother? Who do I think I am to try out for this?" I could have so easily done that, and I know people who thought that, didn't go to the open casting call, and then kicked themselves when others they knew did get in.

Then there were others who lined up for that loooong wait last January, didn't get in to see the casting people, but they sent in their photos and application online as 3foot7 told them to - and they got chosen. If you've done everything you could, there's nothing to regret. That's all I'm saying.
And a little luck helps, too.
Evil
Cheers

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

May 8 2013, 2:20am

Post #28 of 35 (188 views)
Shortcut
Just a bit more about the extra shooting. [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.stuff.co.nz/...r-more-Hobbit-extras

Moahunter
Rohan

May 8 2013, 3:10am

Post #29 of 35 (153 views)
Shortcut
"........ there are also rumors (I believe posted here)......... [In reply to] Can't Post

..... that two "major" characters will be cast for additional filming this Summer. "
I don't recall anything about this being posted here.
Can you give us more detail, like a link to the OP?

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

May 8 2013, 4:52am

Post #30 of 35 (141 views)
Shortcut
No, but it WAS posted here twice at least... [In reply to] Can't Post

as well as on IMDB I believe. It's not confirmed, certainly, but it would fit with "additional expansion". (I don't have the link at the moment).

BTW, PJ also mentioned AFTER the trilogy announcement that we was going back to mine the appendices for film 3...it's going to be more than BoFA and additional reshoots it would seem (meaning, possibly, more cast):

PJ post Comic-Con: We have got incredible source material with the appendices. There's the novel, but then we also have the rights to use the 125 pages of additional notes where Tolkien expanded the world of the Hobbit. We've used some of that so far, and just in the last few weeks, as we've been wrapping up the shooting and thinking about the shape of the story, writers Philippa [Boyens], Fran [Walsh] and I have been talking to the studio about other things that we haven't been able to shoot and seeing if we could possibly persuade them to do a few more weeks of shooting. We'd probably need more than a few weeks, actually, next year. The discussions are pretty early, so there isn't anything to report, but there are other parts of the story that we'd like to tell, that we haven't had the chance to tell yet. We're just trying to have those conversations with the studio, at the moment.

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

(This post was edited by Captain Salt on May 8 2013, 4:57am)

DanielLB
Immortal

May 8 2013, 7:38am

Post #31 of 35 (112 views)
Shortcut
I'm not going to take anything a source says as fact. [In reply to] Can't Post

I think we'll just go round in circles here anyway. A minor scene for me may well be a major scene for you. It's all semantics. We might as well wait and see, aye. WinkSmile

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

May 8 2013, 3:30pm

Post #32 of 35 (96 views)
Shortcut
Well, let's disregard PJ as well while we're at it. [In reply to] Can't Post

In fact, it's actually still two movies. Smile

But yes, we'll find out when Film 3 rolls around.

2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

DanielLB
Immortal

May 8 2013, 3:39pm

Post #33 of 35 (87 views)
Shortcut
I hope you realised by "source" I meant your second quote, and not PJ's quote ;-) / [In reply to] Can't Post

quote]A source says the production cost of the third could run between half and two-thirds as much as one of the other two films thanks to work that's already been done. (Marketing No. 3 will add to the total.) But the final cost is not yet known because the studio is awaiting a full script for the third movie.

PJ as a source is fine. Anything that says an "insider source" or just "a source" could just be fabrication.

Smile

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

May 8 2013, 4:25pm

Post #34 of 35 (81 views)
Shortcut
Well the Hollywood Reporter doesn't usually print [In reply to] Can't Post

fabrications (especially in their print edition) - they'd speak directly with someone in the know, even if they have to withhold a name - but as you said, we'll find out in...a year-and-a-half. Wink

~Delta~
The Shire

May 9 2013, 1:11am

Post #35 of 35 (110 views)
Shortcut
Woooo... Exciting stuff! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you think they'll cast for Elves and the race of men too? Hope so! :)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.