Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Oh my so many mentioned already!

Old Toby
Gondor

May 6 2013, 5:12pm

Views: 113
Shortcut
Oh my so many mentioned already! [In reply to] Can't Post

But in case anyone didn't mention these:
- Thorin's body language as he sits on his horse when Bilbo says they have to go back because he forgot his handkerchief clearly states an "Oh for crying out loud" moment for him.
- I love the way Bofur pulls Bilbo into the center of the dwarves' circle in order to shield him when Elrond and his men are arriving.
- Bifur's strange hand motions during the shouting scene when the dwarves are arguing about how many dragons Gandalf has killed.
- Thorin's shout of "Traitor!" when Bilbo tells the trolls they don't know how to cook a dwarf.
- Balin's absolutely spectacular sword play at one point during their escape from the Goblins.
- Thorin's nod at Elrond when Elrond says of Orcrist, "May it serve you well."
- The little hand thing Bilbo does as Dwalin and Balin throw the blue cheese out of the pantry and how he follows it with his eyes.
- The way Nori gives Dori (I think it was Dori) a hand up as they step up on the Carrock to go see what Thorin is looking at.
- The way Dwalin allows his body to be used as a stepping stone twice: once in the troll scene where Thorin uses his back to jump up to whack the troll and again during the last fight with the wargs when..I think it's Nori...uses Dwalin's head to jump up into a tree.
- The way Thorin slaps the contract into Bilbo without even looking at him when he's sitting at the table at Bag End.
- Radagast's little smile after he saves his hedgehog.

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Subject User Time
Favorite "small" character moments? Kaede Send a private message to Kaede May 4 2013, 1:22am
    Most of the moments revolved around small characters... Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt May 4 2013, 1:27am
        Seriously...where? Kaede Send a private message to Kaede May 4 2013, 1:57am
            Sry, should have specified the Kili thing was another joke!... Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt May 4 2013, 3:12am
                Eyeroll Kaede Send a private message to Kaede May 4 2013, 3:24am
    Bombur bringing food to Bifur in Bag End Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) Send a private message to Mr. Arkenstone (isaac) May 4 2013, 10:57am
    Lots of small character moments Riven Delve Send a private message to Riven Delve May 4 2013, 1:07pm
        Put that back! Nunilo Send a private message to Nunilo May 4 2013, 1:23pm
            Bilbo Lookin' up the Chimeny for the Dwarves? Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil May 4 2013, 1:36pm
                Maybe he checked... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir May 4 2013, 1:41pm
            I love how Riven Delve Send a private message to Riven Delve May 4 2013, 2:31pm
        Me too! DisDwarfWoman Send a private message to DisDwarfWoman May 5 2013, 1:00am
    Bofur being the one... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir May 4 2013, 2:16pm
        And the consequence... Kaede Send a private message to Kaede May 4 2013, 2:42pm
            And Fili is watching their interaction in the background Riven Delve Send a private message to Riven Delve May 4 2013, 2:51pm
    The tiny whine Bilbo lets escape Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua May 4 2013, 9:27pm
        I did catch Gollum's eager look - I agree, it was "preciousssss"; very much the child in him// The Grey Wanderer Send a private message to The Grey Wanderer May 4 2013, 10:17pm
    This discussion did trigger me to re-watch the movie The Grey Wanderer Send a private message to The Grey Wanderer May 4 2013, 9:38pm
        Yay! Kaede Send a private message to Kaede May 5 2013, 2:32am
    Lots! Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn May 4 2013, 11:40pm
        And then... Kaede Send a private message to Kaede May 5 2013, 2:30am
            Amazing all the info to be gleaned from such a small scene marillaraina Send a private message to marillaraina May 5 2013, 3:08am
    Rivendell IdrilofGondolin Send a private message to IdrilofGondolin May 4 2013, 11:44pm
        Nice Elrond moment Brethil Send a private message to Brethil May 5 2013, 1:48am
    Adding to everyone else's... cats16 Send a private message to cats16 May 5 2013, 3:50am
    Bifur's strange language Marionette Send a private message to Marionette May 5 2013, 4:22am
    i don't know Dwarvenfury Send a private message to Dwarvenfury May 5 2013, 9:50am
    Gandalf growling at a petrified troll after he rescues the dwarfs The Grey Elf Send a private message to The Grey Elf May 5 2013, 6:56pm
        i also Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel May 5 2013, 7:52pm
    How about when Elrond asks the dwarfs in Elfish if they would like to relax Dis15 Send a private message to Dis15 May 5 2013, 8:02pm
    Bifur in Rivendell and other "small" moments Aragalen the Green Send a private message to Aragalen the Green May 5 2013, 8:09pm
    A couple of moments Na Vedui Send a private message to Na Vedui May 6 2013, 3:56am
    Few more faves from first half of film... Kaede Send a private message to Kaede May 6 2013, 3:04pm
    Hmmm MaeBeth Send a private message to MaeBeth May 6 2013, 3:47pm
    Oh my so many mentioned already! Old Toby Send a private message to Old Toby May 6 2013, 5:12pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.