Peter Jackson
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

CAhobbit
Rohan

Dec 20 2007, 4:51am

Post #26 of 35 (540 views)
Shortcut
Well, first of all [In reply to] Can't Post

I never said "PJ is just not interested in being that involved" (I'm not PJ so I can't say such a statement. I can, however, speculate that he 'may' not be interested).

Being a fan of something (LOTR for example) is so different then being a fan and creating something huge that reflects what you love (like 3 blockbuster movies). As fans we can sit back and enjoy what we love, a filmmaker (for example) puts in far more work to bring something to life on the big screen. This doesn't mean the love has disappeared or weakened from putting so much into a project but it could mean that someone might want to be that fan again who can sit back and enjoy what someone else will create.

In Reply To
You wrote "PJ is just not interested in being that invovled. LOTR took up about 8 + years of his life". Well, it has taken up over 30 years of my life, and every passing year becomes richer because of it.

Do not meddle in the affairs of hobbits for we can bite your kneecaps off!

CAhobbit's flickr page

CAhobbit's myspace

Hengist
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 20 2007, 3:48pm

Post #27 of 35 (513 views)
Shortcut
Well theres a huge difference [In reply to] Can't Post

between Love and like you know.

Im finding Im not as dodally excited about a hobbit movie compared to LOTR

I May be a scientist but I'm also a Ninja fencer!

Curious
Half-elven

Dec 20 2007, 4:29pm

Post #28 of 35 (525 views)
Shortcut
I consider LotR far superior to The Hobbit. And [In reply to] Can't Post

so did Tolkien, according to his letters and private attempts to rewrite The Hobbit in the style of LotR. However I do like The Hobbit. I just don't love it, and I never reread it like I did LotR.

Patty
Immortal

Dec 20 2007, 4:35pm

Post #29 of 35 (504 views)
Shortcut
Me too. [In reply to] Can't Post

My main desire is to see more of Middle-earth. More Hobbiton, more Rivendell. The movies, of necessity, couldn't linger there the way I would have liked.

For Gondor!

Lorien-lover

Dec 20 2007, 5:07pm

Post #30 of 35 (522 views)
Shortcut
Alfonso Cuaron should direct [In reply to] Can't Post

Peter had his chance, and did a fine job.

I'd like to see someone else's version this go around. It's worked nicely with the HP movies.

oh, and hello TORn! long time, no see.

*glitter*

HILLARY 2008

diedye
Grey Havens

Dec 20 2007, 5:20pm

Post #31 of 35 (512 views)
Shortcut
Well, hello, Galaddy!... [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow... three whole posts in one year... an all-time personal best, I take it?

Wink

So.... what dangerous place in the world are you back from this time?

*cough*

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 20 2007, 5:54pm

Post #32 of 35 (517 views)
Shortcut
Ll! [In reply to] Can't Post

Long has it been since you graced these boards with your presence. It's good to see you here buddy!

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

deej
Tol Eressea

Dec 20 2007, 6:17pm

Post #33 of 35 (514 views)
Shortcut
Since he had already signed up to do these other projects... [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't think he could back out of them even if he wanted to. And if he can't direct then the next best thing is for him to be involved in some way with 'The Hobbit'. If he and Fran wern't then I would not be nearly as happy with the recent news!

The Hobbit is Happening!

Bilbo Fans for Martin Freeman!

SandWitch King
Rohan

Dec 21 2007, 2:04am

Post #34 of 35 (491 views)
Shortcut
I don't understand at all . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

Just because PJ directs you are assuming that his team will not contribute in all of the other ways. I don't understand that at all. Why wouldn't the script and music be done by the same folks? When George Lucas didn't direct "The Empire Strikes Back" nobody fired John Williams. Director Lawrence Kasdan took the script provided and shot a classic.

PJ not directing doesn't mean the rest of the team will be excluded, starting with the music and script.

I wish my name was "Barrow Wong". Maybe I should change it. And now for my quote:

"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure. Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official testing record, followed by death. Good luck."

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 21 2007, 10:05am

Post #35 of 35 (494 views)
Shortcut
Oh geez! It's great to see you :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

My DragonCon 07 Report

My JRRT Map Moot Report

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.