Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Beorn on the new trailer?

DuBekar
Rivendell

Apr 23 2013, 6:19pm

Post #1 of 15 (1444 views)
Shortcut
Beorn on the new trailer? Can't Post

I really hope to see some Beorn in the trailer that is coming maybe in May.. not much but atleast maybe his eye or mouth speaking, just SOMETHING.

And since we're speaking Beorn, do you think they will have the same scene as the book when Gandalf introduce the Dwarfs in groups? Or will it be something else, saw the live event and it looks like they are running inside his house..

And also, do you think his dogs will walk on two legs? Tongue

"Good morning!" he said at last. "We don't want any adventures here, thank you! You might try over The Hill or across The Water." By this he meant that the conversation was at an end.
"What a lot of things you do use Good morning for!" said Gandalf. "Now you mean that you want to get rid of me, and that it won't be good till I move off.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien

Skaan
Lorien

Apr 23 2013, 6:30pm

Post #2 of 15 (752 views)
Shortcut
Judging from the preview [In reply to] Can't Post

It seems most likely that they'll all run into his house at once, instead of introducing them one by one like in the book.

That being said, i think it'll be better for the movie this way. The introduction part in the book was great, but i don't think it could work for a movie. It would probably feel too long/bloated, and considering people were already complaining about "stretching the story" in AUJ, i guess this is for the better.

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Apr 23 2013, 6:48pm

Post #3 of 15 (598 views)
Shortcut
Yes that's going to be most intriguing [In reply to] Can't Post

To see the Dwarves enter Beorn's house in the film. What interests me is why are they running, and what are they running from?

No doubt Beorn will not be happy about so many visitors randomly charging through his front door (unless he has had some prior warning via his animals or from Gandalf).

"True courage is about knowing not when to take a life, but when to spare one."

Skaan
Lorien

Apr 23 2013, 6:51pm

Post #4 of 15 (560 views)
Shortcut
My guess [In reply to] Can't Post

My guess is that they're running from an orc pack/Azog, and suddenly you see Gandalf spotting Beorn's house so he tells them to run inside

cats16
Tol Eressea

Apr 23 2013, 6:54pm

Post #5 of 15 (545 views)
Shortcut
I'm very curious as well [In reply to] Can't Post

Considering how tight-lipped PJ has been about Beorn, not giving us any hint of a hint of his look. At this point, I can wait until December to see him. Same goes for Smaug. I would be okay with hearing his voice or seeing his home, but I don't want the spoiler of seeing his look (because if it's made available, I won't be able to deny myself from lookingSmile)

But to your last question, in all seriousness I do wonder how they plan to handle things like Beorn's animal servants (maybe remove them completely). They can't feel out of place from things we've seen so far, and yet they should also feel unique. Same goes for the ravens, too. Ahh so many talking animals!Wink

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Apr 23 2013, 7:03pm

Post #6 of 15 (533 views)
Shortcut
Maybe [In reply to] Can't Post

I just wonder if that would seem a little repetitive given that Thorin and Co. have already encountered the Hunter Orcs twice in film one, and also it would be hard for Azog to catch up given the distance that the eagles put between the two groups.

However, I think that you may very well be right. It would be the last chance before reaching the mountain for Azog to attempt an ambush, since somehow I doubt that he would follow the Company into Mirkwood for fear of the Elven host (even though there are undoubtedly many Orcs in Dol Guldur).

If the Dwarves went into Beorn's house the Orcs wouldn't just abandon the chase, they would try and attack them even with Beorn there. This would provide an opening action sequence to the film and it would give Beorn a bit of ass-kicking time too. It would also (perhaps) make more sense in the film medium, as Beorn will definitely believe their story, which might not be so feasible (to a general audience) if Gandalf had simply told it to him. It would also speed things up considerably.

"True courage is about knowing not when to take a life, but when to spare one."

(This post was edited by Radagast-Aiwendil on Apr 23 2013, 7:05pm)

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Apr 23 2013, 7:18pm

Post #7 of 15 (535 views)
Shortcut
I think if we see anything of him in the trailer, [In reply to] Can't Post

and i hope we do, it'll be of him off in the distance, mostly in silhouette, much like we saw in the first scroll for AUJ. That would satisfy me.

In Reply To
I really hope to see some Beorn in the trailer that is coming maybe in May.. not much but atleast maybe his eye or mouth speaking, just SOMETHING.

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Grey Havens

Apr 23 2013, 8:13pm

Post #8 of 15 (477 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps they arerunning from the bees [In reply to] Can't Post

With PJ“s inclination to do an action piece of manythings,perhaps heshow them as security dispositive or something. Huge and fierce bees.

The flagon with the dragon has the brew that is true!

sam90
Lorien

Apr 23 2013, 8:52pm

Post #9 of 15 (435 views)
Shortcut
I am not sure [In reply to] Can't Post

The introduction of the Dwarves to Beorn by Gandalf is a very bookish scene, just like when the Dwarves come up to Bilbo's door two by two. It had been altered in AUJ so I would be surprised if the Boern's moment is exactly like it's original from the book.

As for whether or not Beorn will actually appear in the first trailer I wouldn't bet on that. Maybe seeing the shadow of a bear shape will do? Those who have read the book will instantly know what this is about. But it's obvious that sooner or later Beorn's picture gonna be on the internet before the film is released. So, a bit of patience is needed but not that much.

(This post was edited by sam90 on Apr 23 2013, 8:53pm)

Macfeast
Rohan

Apr 23 2013, 9:05pm

Post #10 of 15 (422 views)
Shortcut
The bees will then be used... [In reply to] Can't Post

...by Beorn, as he interrogates one of the orcs.

Of course, the orc won't say anything of value, besides screaming "Not the bees! Aaaaahhhhh! Oh, they're in my eyes! My eyes! Aaaahhhhh! Aaaaagghhh!"

Luinnįr
Rivendell

Apr 23 2013, 10:50pm

Post #11 of 15 (340 views)
Shortcut
Or maybe... [In reply to] Can't Post

They could be running from Beorn himself. Laugh

Lio
Lorien

Apr 24 2013, 12:33am

Post #12 of 15 (330 views)
Shortcut
It seems like they're keeping Beorn's look a secret (as with Smaug's), but... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it will be spoiled before the movie is released, and it will be difficult to avoid that spoiler. For one thing, there's a Beorn action figure scheduled for release on October 15 2013 as per this article. Shocked

Dwalin Balin Kili Fili Dori Nori Ori Oin Gloin Bifur Bofur Bombur Thorin

Orcs are mammals!

Want to chat? AIM me at Yami Liokaiser!

cats16
Tol Eressea

Apr 24 2013, 12:46am

Post #13 of 15 (299 views)
Shortcut
Gah. Looks like I'm out of luck then. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for pointing that out. Well, I guess it's inevitable at this point. I'm not against seeing him before, I just think that it would be cool to have that first image of him appear on the big screen. It won't really matter years from now; it's only for the buildup.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Apr 24 2013, 1:21am

Post #14 of 15 (295 views)
Shortcut
OurBoyz swim in the Anduin?...Then Trek with Howard's Music Blastin' His MostBeauty.. [In reply to] Can't Post

encounter Bees, then Huge HedgeRows...

Gandalf introduces each one in Order, (with a Profile?)
Ori is our ...scribe..
Nori is.. our Beard-Braider?
Dori is.. our Beverage Manager??
Oin is.. our Medic..
Gloin is ..our Main Miner
Bofur is our Toymaker..
Bifur ...our Moral Officer..
Bombur..is our Chef
Dwalin our ..War Veteran..
Balin.... our Legal Expert
Fili..expert Sword Smith..
Kili..our Archer...(AND)

Here is Thorin,... Heir of Erebor!

Music really builds..
Stories,
... Dinner ...

and then Beorn
"does his thing" at Night..
brings BACK
the Head of Azog?

On a STICK!

(This post was edited by Bombadil on Apr 24 2013, 1:22am)

Kimtc
Rohan

Apr 25 2013, 1:37pm

Post #15 of 15 (108 views)
Shortcut
That is exactly what I thought... [In reply to] Can't Post

I mean, you're a dwarf, and you see a really bigger than normal bear, and you see a house, then that makes sense. You can only keep running from orcs for so long, even in Middle Earth.

Mostly I just want to see Beorn. There seems to be a near total embargo--I haven't even seen an interview with Mikael Persbrandt (which may be because I don't get Swedish TV).

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.