Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
anyone noticed the orc tauriel was tormenting?

boldog
Rohan

Apr 11 2013, 9:42am

Post #1 of 19 (1534 views)
Shortcut
anyone noticed the orc tauriel was tormenting? Can't Post

hey guys
after watching the desolation of smaug live event, the scene where tauriel torments the orc saying "you like killing things!", really got me thinking. who is she yelling at and why does legolas seem to be holding it quite gently...Unsure
anyway, at first i thought it might have been fimbul the hunter, who is yet to have his appearnece in the film.
but then i analised it more properly and took some screenshots of it and noticed that this orc looked like another one. it goes by the name of Narzug, and is officially cast in the next two installments. what made me so certain that it is him, is because games workshop released a minature of him, which i have attached.
looking at the two pictures, it is obvious that the white painting is on the orcs, and they are both dark skinned which further pushes my point. anyway what do you think? and why is Legolas so gentle towards him!!!Unimpressed

sorry for bad quality of attacment, cant put up a good pic

there is only one lord of the rings, and he does not share power
Attachments: e.PNG (46.1 KB)

DwellerInDale
Rohan

Apr 11 2013, 9:53am

Post #2 of 19 (860 views)
Shortcut
Yes, see these threads: [In reply to] Can't Post

We discussed this a few days ago here ,

and for a laugh (I hope). go here .

Don't mess with my favorite female elf.

boldog
Rohan

Apr 11 2013, 10:05am

Post #3 of 19 (711 views)
Shortcut
thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

lol that just answers my question
and yes the pic is quite amusing Laugh

there is only one lord of the rings, and he does not share power

Oin's parasite
Rivendell

Apr 11 2013, 11:06am

Post #4 of 19 (720 views)
Shortcut
Most movies... [In reply to] Can't Post

Even the good ones, have at least one "cringe line". Tauriel of course takes the prize for "cringe line of the year" if it truely makes it into the film that is...

"You like killing? Let me give it to you!"

I mean my goodness, haha.

"I've got parasites as big as my arm!"

deskp
Lorien

Apr 11 2013, 11:18am

Post #5 of 19 (714 views)
Shortcut
Fimbul [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
at first i thought it might have been fimbul the hunter, who is yet to have his appearnece in the film.

Fimbul is seen along Yazneg when they first spot the dwarves, he is also seen a fair bit on weathertop.

painjoiker
Grey Havens

Apr 11 2013, 11:28am

Post #6 of 19 (684 views)
Shortcut
He's also seen standing with Azog, [In reply to] Can't Post

when the eagles fly away with the dwarves

Vocalist in the progressive metal band Renamed.

Luinnár
Rivendell

Apr 11 2013, 11:41am

Post #7 of 19 (672 views)
Shortcut
Maybe... [In reply to] Can't Post

They are playing good cop bad cop.Wink

Arannir
Valinor

Apr 11 2013, 12:13pm

Post #8 of 19 (667 views)
Shortcut
I thought to have noticed a general accent... [In reply to] Can't Post

... in Lilly's voice for Tauriel.

The line may sound different if Tauriel does speak Westron with a strong accent in general.

Glorfindela
Valinor

Apr 11 2013, 2:55pm

Post #9 of 19 (625 views)
Shortcut
Didn't notice it and don't want to [In reply to] Can't Post

The less I see of the made-up Tauriel, the better. Mad

Marionette
Rohan

Apr 11 2013, 3:44pm

Post #10 of 19 (579 views)
Shortcut
Agree [In reply to] Can't Post

I am seeing too much about Tauril involved and changing stuff

Hope they don´t ruin what this first movie is and turn The Hobbit into a fanfic

"Dear friend good bye, no tears in my eyes. So sad it ends, as it began"
Queen

Glorfindela
Valinor

Apr 11 2013, 4:49pm

Post #11 of 19 (549 views)
Shortcut
Yes, that is my concern [In reply to] Can't Post

I would hate to see the next two films deteriorate into something superficial aimed basically at the OMG teens.

Unimpressed

Old Toby
Gondor

Apr 11 2013, 5:10pm

Post #12 of 19 (536 views)
Shortcut
oh ye of little faith! [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess I'm one of the few who trusts PJ's decisions in the overall picture. Although sure, there are things I personally don't care much for in ALL of the films including LOTR, I would hope he would make the film he wants to make - his own vision. Which I think he has done up to this point. I don't believe he has or ever will cater to specific groups. Thank goodness!

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

adnan
Rivendell

Apr 11 2013, 5:30pm

Post #13 of 19 (511 views)
Shortcut
I am with you... [In reply to] Can't Post

I am glad Peter Jackson and Co are making the films 'they' envisioned...going by the first film, I have no major issues with any of the additions and subtractions...in fact, I'm looking for more additions in the inevitable extended editions.

Rivendell

Glorfindela
Valinor

Apr 11 2013, 5:38pm

Post #14 of 19 (511 views)
Shortcut
I have no major issues, either [In reply to] Can't Post

So far. Wink

Rostron2
Gondor

Apr 11 2013, 6:26pm

Post #15 of 19 (491 views)
Shortcut
Agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

I just don't need to see Tauriel much to be satisfied that they at least had a speaking role for another actress. The adaptation of a story around the character is probably blown out of proportion by Internet babble, but five minutes of screen time would be fine, total.

Honestly, the whole torturing/interrogating this orc and that bothers me. While it undoubtedly happened in Tolkiens' world, it's best left to to the imagination. The filmmakers are overlaying modernisms onto what is a mythology with its own cultural references. I wouldn't doubt that Elves hates orcs, we just don't need to see it on screen. It's cheap thrills for those that get off on violence.

Luinnár
Rivendell

Apr 11 2013, 9:33pm

Post #16 of 19 (429 views)
Shortcut
Well we haven't seen [In reply to] Can't Post

the whole scene yet. It could turn out better than what we anticipate.(like most things that PJ makesLaugh)

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Apr 12 2013, 1:42am

Post #17 of 19 (382 views)
Shortcut
Vampires are in after all [In reply to] Can't Post

judging by your footer image, Tauriel will do double duty as Captain of the Guard and as one of Tolkien's elusive vampires.

dik-dik
Lorien

Apr 12 2013, 9:37am

Post #18 of 19 (343 views)
Shortcut
I haven't noticed... [In reply to] Can't Post

... but I must say I am quite disturbed at the very idea of any Elf of Tolkien's world torturing anyone, for information or not. Intimidation is one thing, like Gandalf did with Gollum, but torment...? I thought only the rowdier types like perhaps Beorn would do anything like that. Unsure I'm not liking what I hear about this scene at all.

"A journalist once asked me what I would like my epitaph to be and I said I think I would like it to be 'He did very little harm'. And that's not easy. Most people seem to me to do a great deal of harm. If I could be remembered as having done very little, that would suit me." ~ Paul Eddington

Lio
Lorien

Apr 12 2013, 10:28pm

Post #19 of 19 (319 views)
Shortcut
I don't think there will be torture involved [In reply to] Can't Post

At least, there isn't any evidence for it yet. All we know is that the Elves capture an Orc and presumably question him for information.

Although, a separate scene in the DoS preview involves an angry Legolas saying to Thranduil something like "There was more that the Orc could have told us" (I don't remember the exact wording.) So is it implied that Thranduil has the Orc executed? Unsure

Orcs are mammals!

Want to chat? AIM me at Yami Liokaiser!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.