Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Corey Olsen made some interesting comments about the moth on a Riddles in the Dark podcast...

Hamfast of Gamwich
Rivendell

Apr 16 2013, 8:59pm

Views: 744
Shortcut
Corey Olsen made some interesting comments about the moth on a Riddles in the Dark podcast... [In reply to] Can't Post

... he spoke about the difference between the Gandalf of the Hobbit and the Gandalf of LOTR (books). The Gandalf of the LOTR would never get caught in a tree and killed by warns, he's too powerful. That's the same as the Gandalf in the films, he needs to have something up his sleeve, they couldn't have him just getting lucky and being saved by eagles.

"Durin's Heir you may be, but even with one eye you should see clearer. If this is victory, then our hands are too small to hold it. We will not enter Khazad-dum. You will not enter Khazad-dum. Beyond the shadow of the gate it waits for you still: Durin’s Bane. The world must change and some other power than ours must come before Durin’s Folk walk again in Moria.”

Subject User Time
Great Eagles In The Hobbit Gavin Of Lorien Send a private message to Gavin Of Lorien Apr 11 2013, 2:13am
    the eagle sequence was spectacular, but the music really made it!! MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Apr 11 2013, 2:35am
        Yes!! I agree! tarasaurus Send a private message to tarasaurus Apr 11 2013, 2:41pm
            Yeah, and it looked incredible in 3D, it was really the highlight of the film. // QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Apr 11 2013, 2:56pm
    This is why we needed talking Eagles Fredeghar Wayfarer Send a private message to Fredeghar Wayfarer Apr 11 2013, 5:12am
        I really hope... Hamfast of Gamwich Send a private message to Hamfast of Gamwich Apr 11 2013, 10:24am
            But that's just it... Eleniel Send a private message to Eleniel Apr 11 2013, 1:46pm
                While the moth certainly makes it look more like that... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Apr 11 2013, 2:26pm
                Corey Olsen made some interesting comments about the moth on a Riddles in the Dark podcast... Hamfast of Gamwich Send a private message to Hamfast of Gamwich Apr 16 2013, 8:59pm
            It would certainly save a lot of questions from general audience members DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Apr 11 2013, 2:40pm
    Maybe because it's easier for an eagle.... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Apr 11 2013, 10:15am
    for all the reasons mentioned above Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Apr 11 2013, 11:49am
    The eagles are not their pets. Luinnár Send a private message to Luinnár Apr 11 2013, 11:52am
    Correct answer: The eagles don't want to fly near men, because they'll get shot QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Apr 11 2013, 2:38pm
        Maybe P.J. Luinnár Send a private message to Luinnár Apr 11 2013, 2:48pm
            I think Radagast might talk to them. Which is a scary thought QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Apr 11 2013, 2:49pm
                Someone in another thread a few days ago suggested sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Apr 11 2013, 7:39pm
            I have to say tarasaurus Send a private message to tarasaurus Apr 11 2013, 2:50pm
                100% agreed. I am so glad they did not speak. Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Apr 11 2013, 2:51pm
                I think it can be done very well DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Apr 11 2013, 2:56pm
                    It can be done right. But it doesn't bother me that they don't speak, it makes them more majestic and mysterious QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Apr 11 2013, 2:59pm
                    Hm... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Apr 11 2013, 3:00pm
                        But foxes must think! // QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Apr 11 2013, 3:04pm
            I think... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Apr 11 2013, 2:50pm
                Perhaps Luinnár Send a private message to Luinnár Apr 11 2013, 2:53pm
                    Maybe not that... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Apr 11 2013, 2:56pm
                        I think it will not speak, but... QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Apr 11 2013, 3:02pm
                            Not necessary... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Apr 11 2013, 3:04pm
                                Actually that's not too bad... QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Apr 11 2013, 3:06pm
                                    Well, I rather meant that Bilbo actually attaches it to the thrush... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Apr 11 2013, 3:08pm
                                        Why would Bilbo attach the message to the Thrush? QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Apr 11 2013, 3:12pm
                                            This is what I meant... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Apr 11 2013, 3:15pm
                                                I like the idea of it being a pet - like Bard's homing pigeon QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Apr 11 2013, 3:19pm
                                                    Why was the thrush so far from Erebor? DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Apr 11 2013, 5:09pm
                                                        The thrush is devine... QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Apr 11 2013, 5:15pm
                                                            Works for me, QT! DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Apr 11 2013, 5:22pm
                                                                To take it further... adnan Send a private message to adnan Apr 11 2013, 6:37pm
                                                                    Smaug's armour is impenetrable QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Apr 11 2013, 6:57pm
                                                                    Yes, that would be bad Fredeghar Wayfarer Send a private message to Fredeghar Wayfarer Apr 11 2013, 10:03pm
                The thrush never spoke Westron in the first place Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Apr 11 2013, 3:02pm
                    This, of course... Arannir Send a private message to Arannir Apr 11 2013, 3:08pm
    All the reasons posted before me tarasaurus Send a private message to tarasaurus Apr 11 2013, 2:45pm
    Eagles Rostron2 Send a private message to Rostron2 Apr 11 2013, 6:18pm
    Just a Conjecture Dwarvenfury Send a private message to Dwarvenfury Apr 11 2013, 10:25pm
        Eyes of Manwe IdrilofGondolin Send a private message to IdrilofGondolin Apr 12 2013, 1:03am
            That's Interesting Dwarvenfury Send a private message to Dwarvenfury Apr 12 2013, 1:49am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.